“Lovely mother/daughter experience.”

Ranked #268 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were on a mother/daughter trip this time. My daughter (20) burns the candle at both ends while in Disneyworld. I can hardly keep up with her! We made reservations for tea on our next to last day. We were not dressed up and even saw some marathon participants in athletic wear. Our reservation was at 3:20. We were told to come back in 10 minutes. We did this and were told to come back in 15 min. There was a host and hostess at the podium. Wish I had noted their names. I don't know if they were "in character", but they were a bit arrogant. This is a bright, feminine place. We did see 4 or 5 men there, however. Our server Patricia was very gracious and knowledgable. She explained the menu choices and we were allowed to make subsitutions. We each got a pot of tea, plate of little sandwiches, sweet onion tart, scones with devonshire cream and strawberry preserves, and fresh strawberries with cream. Service is relaxed and leisurely. I wouldn't recommend dining here if you are crunched for time. For me it was perfect. I was so tired from a week of parks, that I welcomed this with all my heart. I always say food tastes better on pretty dishes. This meal was a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. We talked, relaxed, looked through our pictures and began to reminisce about our trip even before we left. We thouroghly enjoyed the experience and talk about it often. It is pricey, but no more that anything else in Disney.

1  Thank Nurseratchet

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Having always wanted to try a tea service, we made reservations for 3 pm tea. While we had to wait almost 20 minutes, the holiday decorations were stunning to look at. The menu has great...i wish there had been more guidance given about the different teas or maybe the option to have two! the food portions were great snack sizes. its an expensive snack!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We did two weeks of Disney. The first week was a 7 day Disney cruise, the second week we stayed at the Beach Club. This was by far the best meal we had the entire trip. We were a group of 4, two seniors in their mid 70s, a middle age mid 40s and a 10 year old. All of us enjoyed the experience. We each picked our own tea and all 4 finished off their chosen pots. We all ordered the Buckingham Palace and ordered an a la carte cheese plate as well. I don't know if there were even any crumbs left on our table after we were done. I think it was good value for the money as well. It was all so good. We will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank JenniferP329
Reviewed January 18, 2013

So elegant! We love taking a mid day break and enjoying tea, treats and a rest here. Even my 12 year old son gets into the experience.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Most Americans have never experienced High Tea and do not know what it is or what it consists of. The Grand Floridian has brought this tradition to its resort for everyone to experience. A very extensive list of teas are offered along with finger sandwiches, jams, scones, and even a few alcoholic beverages.
Everyone should try this at least once... it is a great and fun experience. The tea room overlooks the courtyard area of the resort and also the grand lobby area. There is also a kid's tea room menu available for the little ones so that they may experience high tea.