“A CRIME AGAINST CHINESE FOOD”
Review of NY China Buffet - CLOSED

NY China Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Please, please, please avoid this place at all costs, as it will ruin your day/evening. Cold food, yellow (didn't know that was possible) imitation chicken (Skewers, wings, orange chicken...all of it), old and stale frying oil, Everything about this place screams food poisoning. For all that is holy, go next door to Steak & Shake if you have to.

2  Thank VirginiaTrs

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The night before the family had dined at Macaroni Grill and we were still trying to recover from that aweful experience. Soup and chicken with rice sounded safe, healthful, and easy on the digestive system. The hot/sour soup was pretty good. But, the chicken in the chicken and rice with vegitables was questionable, and the vegitables were not fresh. The chicken had the consistency of tofu, not meat. Best thing there was the sweat planteens! These were great and even good cold the next morning. Overall, another disappointing meal at a non-Disney Orlando restaurant.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The buffet spread is quite extensive, the food tastes good, and I don't know how they can make a profit from the low prices they charge!

The a la carte menu items are good and cheap too. My kids & I loved the Yang Cho fried rice and the Mee Fen ("bee hoon" noodles) - very yummy.

1  Thank BernieTMN
Reviewed December 26, 2012

If you like to eat, you can do a LOT of it here! Huge buffet, although it wasn't really as big as I was expecting, and definitely not as fancy as I had siked myself up for. The ad we recieved at our hotel touted "over 200 items daily" and looks pretty fancy, but there's not half that on the buffet at once. The food I did have was pretty good, but avoid the spice-sour soup. It wasn't very good. They seem to do pretty good about not leaving food sit out very long before rotating something else on.They keep a decent variety out so you there's always something somebody will like (I have a lot of kids and many of them are picky). I"m not a sushi eater, but one of my party was and they said it was good. They had some peanut brittle out that was GREAT!

Waitresses were all very friendly, although they didn't come back to refill water as much as I"d have liked, and they didn't speak english much. We could hardly communicate with our waitress.

Would I go back? Probably not, considering the rest of the variety available in the area.
Do I regret going there? Not at all.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Mongolian grill, oysters, kim-chee, shrimp, flan-style cheescake.
Many tourist trap buffets in the Disney area. This is not one of them. I found many well prepared dishes at this large buffet. Personally, I would stay away from raw oysters at a buffet, but they do keep them well stocked on ice. Great service. Recommended. Just outside Hotel Plaza blvd on 535.