“Excellent, authentic, delicious Colombian food”

Bandeja Paisa Latin Restaurant
Ranked #1,225 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Spanish, Latin, South American, Colombian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bandeja Paisa is a Latin Restaurant located in the Hunter's Creek area of Orlando. Minutes from major attractions such as Disney world, Sea world and Universal studios. Specializing in Latin cuisine, Bandeja Paisa brings a modern aesthetic to traditional Spanish food. Consistently striking an elegant balance between taste, nutrition and presentation. We pride ourselves on the tradition of making each guest feel like they're home. If you're ever in the neighborhood stop by; you’re always welcome. Invite some friends and bring your appetites, we'll make sure you leave satisfied.
Herndon, Virginia
“Excellent, authentic, delicious Colombian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

In a strip mall around the corner from an authentic Colombian bakery is this unassuming, plain Colombian restaurant. I'd seen their ad in a local Orlando travel magazine and had an urge to have some authentic Spanish food. I had some time before my flight so chose to head over. It was clear almost everyone in the restaurant at that time was of Latin heritage, as everyone was speaking Spanish. I ordered yucca fries (which came with an intriguing garlic sauce and were delicious, moist, not dry), fresh trout with tostones (fried green plantains) and salad. The fish was clearly fresh and moist (head, tail and all!), the tostones perfectly cooked - fried yet not greasy or raw inside as they can oftentimes be and even the salad, while nothing exotic, was good. I washed it all down with a Colombian beer and then a Colombian coffee. It was interesting to hear, as diners would pay and rise to exit, their waiter would say "Thank you, may you have a perfectly wonderful day and may God bless you!" I'd never experienced that before, and it sounded as sincere as the food was good. Bravo! I shall return.

• Visited February 2014

“BEST FOOD I'VE EVER HAD!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We had the Bandeja Paisa, Pardo Rojo and the Lomo Saltado. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. Wish they had this place in Key West! I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

New Orleans
“Colombian food, but still very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The grilled meats were very good. Also, the desert portions were small, which was perfect after a heavy meal.

Marietta, GA
“Found this place by surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I were in Orlando last week, and went looking for a place away from the tourist areas. As we went up John Young Blvd, we noticed a sign for another restaurant that was of interest. We pulled in and my wife started to look for the menu on her phone, I needed to turn the car around, so I kept going in the plaza and noticed a lot of cars and people at another place in the same plaza but tucked around the corner in the back. Mi Bandeja Paisa is a Colombian place with a great menu and reasonable prices for Orlando. We we met at the door and were greeted by we believe an owner or manager. He told us it would be about 20 minutes, and was able to seat us in 5. The menu was not just written, they used tablet computers to show pictures of each dish. We quickly chose a soup only available on Fridays called Ajiaco. My wife had Entraña al Carbóna - Skirt Steak, with Green Plantains and Fresh Romaine Salad. I had Bandeja Paisa a combo plate - Sirloin Steak, Rice, Cargamanto Beans, Avocado, Corn Cake, Pork, Sausage, Egg and Sweet Plantains.

The service was great, the place was clean, and the staff was wonderful. We will return when next in Orlando, and recommend that you take the time to find it.

• Visited December 2013
Metairie, Louisiana
“SIMPLY AH-MAZING! Do not delay going here!! You are missing out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

This restaurant was AMAZING! My husband is from Colombia, and we love to try different Colombian restaurants if available when we travel. We came here after reading quite a few reviews of the Orlando area, and oh boy are we glad we did. I cannot say enough good things about the place. The atmosphere was perfect, the servers/waitresses were courteouos and attentive, worked as a team, and the food was SPECTACULAR! My husband had the Bandeja Paisa and it was amazing! The best chicarron we have had at any restaurant. Don't delay in making a decision, you must go here!

• Visited December 2013