“THE PLACE for a drink at Epcot”

La Cava del Tequila
Ranked #192 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you are looking for a great cold drink on a hot day at Epcot, you have to stop in here. Ask for Pepe, he makes your visit fun and entertaining. My favorite is the avocado margarita, it's frozen and I usually add a shot on top just to get the party going. They have a long menu of great drinks they can make for you, and you must do a tequila flight tasting. This is definitely a secret inside the pyramid.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Tequila is what everyone comes for...but there are a few secrets of this little place that was hard to spot when you first walk in to the Mexico area of Epcot. Service is amazing, a pleasure talking with all members. The tequila is expensive (I am sure it is worth it), but there are other hidden treats. $7.00 for kid frozen drinks (freshly made), soft drinks are $2.39. L.I.T. were almost $10 a piece, but they were the best I tasted on Disney Property! Chips with Salsa is $3.50 for an order and well worth it. (Salsa could be spicy to many, but we like spicy things!)Great place to get a drink and a snack! Would recommend this to all family and friends! Thanks Jose for making this a great place to visit...every 20 minutes. :)

Reviewed July 18, 2012

When I travel, I like to find the little “local” restaurants or bars that are enjoyed by locals and often overlooked by most visitors. Surprisingly, Walt Disney World’s EPCOT center has such a place and it’s located inside the Mexico pavilion. La Cava Del Tequila can be found in the market area within the pavilion. When you walk into the pavilion you can’t miss the volcano that is a backdrop to the Mexican market area and the relaxing dining room of the San Angel Inn. To the far left is the entrance to the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros, a delightful boat ride through the pavilion. If you don’t pay attention, you will miss the entrance to La Cava Del Tequila tucked away on the right side. The La Cava Del Tequila is truly a hidden gem within EPCOT where you can step out of the busy streets of the EPCOT World Showcase and enjoy a refreshing margarita or step up for a flight of Tequila shots to see what really good Tequila tastes like.

It is now a tradition for us to stop into La Cava Del Tequila at least one time during a visit to Walt Disney World to enjoy a great margarita and get an order of chips with Guacamole (always fresh with large chunks of Avocado). I have enjoyed their Avocado, Blood Orange, Jalapeño, and Cucumber margaritas and they are all great. But I have settled into ordering the San Angel Inn margarita, a classic margarita that is made up of premium blanco (silver) tequila, orange liqueur, agave nectar and fresh lime juice, served chilled with a salt rim glass. Just like a lot of things, the original is always the best.
For those interested in wine, beer or a cocktail, La Cava Del Tequila has selections that will quench your thirst. Our kids have joined us as well from time to time, enjoying a non-alcoholic version of a drink or sodas. They usually stay with us until the chips are gone and then they ride the Gran Fiesta Tour again or browse through the shops. We have enjoyed stopping by in the middle of the day but our favorite time to visit is after 8 PM when the crowds are winding down and you get to spend a few minutes talking with the cast members from Mexico.
In the end, we throughly enjoy La Cave Del Tequila. It’s one of the highlights of our vacation and we always look to our return visits.

Tip: Follow La Cava Del Tequila on twitter at @cavadeltequila and take advantage of their Twitter follower drink specials on Mondays as well as other occasions.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I found this hidden gem a few years ago when they first opened. Now it is a must-do on every trip. I absolutely adore the Avocado margarita and despite having the recipe, have been unable to replicate it at home. The service is always great, even on busy weekends.

1  Thank pamjb
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I stopped here and tried their tequila sampler. The tequila was very smooth and delicious. I also had a margarita too and it was strong, but tasty!