“Great Experience!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Rockledge, Florida
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I came on a Sunday right before 11:30am, and there were a couple of tables already filled. We were seated promptly and immediately looked over their dim sum menu, which is a list of items that you check off what you want and how much you want; almost like when ordering sushi in some restaurants. I personally like having dim sum pushed around in the cart, but ordering off from a list sometimes guarantees the food being fresh. The food started coming out one by one, which is no problem because it tasted fresh, but it would have been nice if it came out all together. Each item takes different times to prep and cook, so I understand that. I think that's why I like the cart, because you can have many items at once.
But despite not having the cart, I enjoyed the meal as well as my sisters. We had a total of 10 items and we were all stuffed. I have to say, this has been the best dim sum experience in Orlando that I have had so far (I've been to Ming Court and usually go to Ming Bistro). The servers were surprisingly friendly and helpful (I'm accustomed to the traditional, Chinese servers who rush you and barely talk, which isn't a bad thing and something I am use to!). By the time we left around 12:30pm, the restaurant was packed, and yet, the staff were trying their best to accommodate everyone. Great experience!

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was here 02/11 late at night with a Chinese and Cantonese friend. We ordered like 5 different dishes and they were all pretty good and according to my friends they were authentic.

• Visited February 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Authentic food”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

What a joy to find a Chinese restaurant in Orlando that does not serve "Americanized" Chinese food drenched in soy sauce. I live 25 miles away , and stop by whenever I can.

1 Thank HenryFL01
Illinois
“Wrong meat, poorly flavored, blaring TV”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went into the Golden Lotus Chinese Restaurant on S. John young Pkwy in Orlando for a late dinner (9 pm) on a weeknight, after picking up provisions at the neighboring Walmart. I was the only customer, though one other picked up a takeaway order. There was a TV in the dining room blaring with some reality talent show which a cook and the manager were watching, and a small insect scurried across the floor while I was waiting for my food. Pricing was moderate. The hot and sour soup tasted as if seasoned only with soy sauce and black pepper; my pork with garlic sauce arrived as a stir-fry dish but with chicken rather than pork. Again, flavors were unimpressive. Not bad, but far from great. The fried rice was properly cooked, although when ordering I asked for brown rice, and they didn't know what that was. The waitress seemed unwilling to accept that a caucasian could use chop sticks. Overall, I'd rather go somewhere else in the future.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TeaEarleGreyHot
jpl34747
“Great price and variety from Dim Sum to soup noodle”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you like to have a meet up with 10 friends or just a quick lunch, this is the place to go.
Locate in a shopping strip along Super Wall Mart at the corner of Sandlake and John Young Parkway in business and industrial center area.
Favorite is Dim Sum and noodle soups.
Casual and good for entire family.

• Visited March 2013