“Great talent, if you can get on stage...LOL” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of CityWalk Rising Star

CityWalk Rising Star
Ranked #20 of 151 Nightlife in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: For everyone with dreams of taking the stage and belting out a song as lead singer of a band, get ready for your moment in the spotlight. CityWalk's Rising Star is not your typical karaoke club. Here when you grab the mic you're performing with a live band complete with real backup singers. Choose from an impressive number of song titles and rock out like a superstar, or croon your favorite country ballad, as you perform in front of a live audience.
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great talent, if you can get on stage...LOL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had a great time listening to the other singers, but was hoping I could sing. It's done on a lottery system, so even if you get there early, it may take a while to get to your song. but the drinks make you forget that your waiting, and the band gives tremendous performances as well...

Visited October 2013

Ash, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great fun when you get to sing, but get there before 9:30”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was one of the reasons I stayed at Universal Studios as I knew I'd use it a lot.

Singing with the band was amazing fun, they're very good at their craft and they make you feel like a star.

However, on one particular night, I put in the two songs on my card and was able to sing them as I was the first person on stage before their had their "short" (they say short, it's over 30 mins long, that's not short guys) break, by this time it's gone 10:30, people have come in and got their dutch courage and put in requests so that was it for me, whilst they need the requests they'll get you up as many times as they need, once they have people in though you can forget it, especially if you've sung at the start of the evening.

In short this kinda marred that evening, two songs in what 30 mins and then leaving at silly o'clock not sung any more because some people had walked in off the street needs some work, because what that leads to is me not staying past 10:30, if I can't sing then I can go elsewhere and have drinks.

Don't get me wrong, singing Karaoke is great, singing with the band is great but if you want to have a few songs, especially later into the evening you'll be lucky, just set your expectations to the right level.

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The night started off okay until I went on stage to sing a second song. The host refused to give me the microphone and one of the back up singers said that patrons could only sing one song per night. The manager came up to the stage and told me that we could only sing one song due to how busy it was and that I should be glad that I got to sing at all. So imagine mine and my friends surprise when the very next two performances were ladies who had already performed earlier in the night. From that time on, the mood at my table changed; my friends who had been having a good time, were mad. It would not have been such a big deal if the explanation was given to everyone in the club that patrons would only be allowed to sing one song per night. But the fact that I was blatantly lied to and watched as the next two performances after I was supposed to sing were ladies who had sung before that bothered us the most.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank TiffyWiffy
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Fun time with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Really enjoyed hanging with friends. Back up singers and host were great. Wish it stayed open a little later. Definitely worth a try.

Visited August 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A Good Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was my second visit to Rising Star because I love to watch Karaoke. They really know how to make common people feel like superstars. They have a band and back up singers to help. It is a fun time for adults who don't want to go to the clubs on City Walk,

Visited June 2013