“Fun atmosphere, but you're not going to get to sing I that's what you came for.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of CityWalk Rising Star

CityWalk Rising Star
Ranked #20 of 151 Nightlife in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: For everyone with dreams of taking the stage and belting out a song as lead singer of a band, get ready for your moment in the spotlight. CityWalk's Rising Star is not your typical karaoke club. Here when you grab the mic you're performing with a live band complete with real backup singers. Choose from an impressive number of song titles and rock out like a superstar, or croon your favorite country ballad, as you perform in front of a live audience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a good time here and were coming to sing a song or two. We put in our songs at the beginning of the evening before it got crowded, basic upbeat country, so nothing crazy depressing or downer-ish. It's an awesome place to see that's for sure! We had not come across anything like that before, but definitely don't get your hopes up to get on stage.

Visited September 2012

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rigged”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place is rigged on Friday and Saturday nights. I went with my family, got there around 10PM and waited 3 hours to sing - no slot was offered and the people that were "selected" to sing were people well-known to the band. They clearly have been trained in singing before and the chances of some random person being chosen to sing are slim. Apparently the other nights of the week, there is no back-up band and most everyone gets to sing. Otherwise I would not waste the cover charge.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Erin T
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cool place; long breaks b/n sets”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I went to rising star expecting to see fairly constant performances, but were surprised to find that when we arrived around 11 pm that we wouldn't be seeing a performance until at least 30 minutes after we arrived. The songs were fun to listen to once they got going, and the lights, back up band and singers and overall show were great. The only complaint my group had was that after about 30 minutes of singing, the band took another half hour break. This pattern continued for as long as we were there. The band/ performances were off as long as they were on. It is a cool place though and worth seeing how well-done karaoke can be.

1 Thank jatravelbug
Kissimmee, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Club - Slight Cleanliness Issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I love this club, been there twice and no matter what day you go it's awesome. 2 nights a week they dont have the live band. The first time I went was on one of those nights. It was still awesome because they had the backup dancers, the lighting effects, etc. I recently went while the live band was there and it was the best karaoke club I have ever been to. Obviously the live band had a limited selection of music but there were about 200 songs to choose from, a healthy mix of modern pop, classic rock, party anthems, etc.

My only concern was with the cleanliness of the club. Our table was a bit sticky when we got there and it was obvious the sticky / spilled drink was left there from the previous day because much of it was dried to the table. If you ran your hands along the table you could feel the caked on sugary thing that was there from before.

Also the bathrooms were ok but did not have that sanitary / fresh smell to them. They were clean but considering that my friends and I got to the club when it openned it's doors I was a little surprised when I went to the bathroom early on that it did not have that aroma of fresh bleach smell.

Overall I loved the place, will definitely be back. I hope that next time they can shine the tables for the openning crowds like they should have been.

Visited November 2012
Warwick, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Karaoke.., like you're never seen.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a no brainer... Whether you like to sing or not... Go stop in. Karaoke with a live band, back up singers and dancers... With an awesome host. The atmosphere is great. We went on a weekday so it was not busy at all. That's fine though... Your drinks come faster and you can move around. The only thing that was inconvenient here is the bathroom. It's located on the second floor in the back... Not a big deal... But when you're drinking it's kind of a pain to have to keep running upstairs.