“Great Club - Slight Cleanliness Issues”

CityWalk Rising Star
Ranked #21 of 153 Nightlife in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: For everyone with dreams of taking the stage and belting out a song as lead singer of a band, get ready for your moment in the spotlight. CityWalk's Rising Star is not your typical karaoke club. Here when you grab the mic you're performing with a live band complete with real backup singers. Choose from an impressive number of song titles and rock out like a superstar, or croon your favorite country ballad, as you perform in front of a live audience.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I love this club, been there twice and no matter what day you go it's awesome. 2 nights a week they dont have the live band. The first time I went was on one of those nights. It was still awesome because they had the backup dancers, the lighting effects, etc. I recently went while the live band was there and it was the best karaoke club I have ever been to. Obviously the live band had a limited selection of music but there were about 200 songs to choose from, a healthy mix of modern pop, classic rock, party anthems, etc.

My only concern was with the cleanliness of the club. Our table was a bit sticky when we got there and it was obvious the sticky / spilled drink was left there from the previous day because much of it was dried to the table. If you ran your hands along the table you could feel the caked on sugary thing that was there from before.

Also the bathrooms were ok but did not have that sanitary / fresh smell to them. They were clean but considering that my friends and I got to the club when it openned it's doors I was a little surprised when I went to the bathroom early on that it did not have that aroma of fresh bleach smell.

Overall I loved the place, will definitely be back. I hope that next time they can shine the tables for the openning crowds like they should have been.

There are newer reviews for CityWalk Rising Star

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a no brainer... Whether you like to sing or not... Go stop in. Karaoke with a live band, back up singers and dancers... With an awesome host. The atmosphere is great. We went on a weekday so it was not busy at all. That's fine though... Your drinks come faster and you can move around. The only thing that was inconvenient here is the bathroom. It's located on the second floor in the back... Not a big deal... But when you're drinking it's kind of a pain to have to keep running upstairs.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was a fun experience and a great alternative to the more "traditional" bachelorette parties. Karaoke, drinks, closely monitored (so no teeny boppers). My friend (the bride to be) and everyone had a blast!!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

It was my first time at Universal City Walk's Rising Star last night. I am a frequent karaoke singer and use to perform when I was younger. The appeal of Rising Star is that you have a live band behind you and backup singers and so you get the sense of what it's like to perform live. The host was a lot of fun on our night and could really sing. The song list has about 200 songs with some new hits and then a lot of old ones for the live band. This limits the song choice, personally I didn't find a lot of songs I wanted to sing on the list. You can find there song list on in the notes of their facebook page. I have no clue why their website is so limited as to information, you would figure a huge company such as Universal would be able maintain a better website that had an updated weekly song list. But honestly that doesn't matter anyways because at Rising Star, you'll be lucky if you sing once. It is so crowded and they use a jar draw method. Basically, you get there and choose two songs - a first and second choice, then you put a card with those listed choices into a jar. Every once and while someone collects the piles of cards from the jar. They randomly choose the cards from the jar and call you to sing. This means it's out of order, you showed at 8pm and some other girl showed at 8:30pm but if she gets drawn first, she goes. This didn't sit well with me either, I have been to tons, and I do mean, TONS of karaoke bars and all of them use a rotation method, you put your song in, you go. People who put more than one song in at a time go into the second rotation. New people flow to the bottom of the list....you came late. Oh and the best part, if someone else sings your songs, you don't go. In other karaoke places, because they have a large song list, they usually will ask you what else you want to sing before your name pops up because they use a pre-loaded list. Rising Star tries to get everyone in once but the place is wall to wall people. The band also takes 20 min breaks on the hour.They have a regular bar menu with appetizers prices start at $5.00 for a cheese quesadilla, but the food is nothing to rave about. It's just something to notch on while your sitting there. They have liquor as well but it appears most cocktails start at about $8.50. They also have soda, but it is not refillable - as in any bar. There is a $7.00 door cover. Thursdays are 18 and up, 21 and up otherwise. Tues-Sat is the live band and Sun/Monday is using pre-recorded music. I am thinking about returning on Sunday and Monday - it is great to hit the live band but I go to sing and singing once....just doesn't appease me.

4  Thank ZanieP
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had real backup singers, no canned music, live band, great time, and I really dont care for Karaoke