“Good view, but get there early (or late) on weekends”

Colibri Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #1,273 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Orlando, Florida
“Good view, but get there early (or late) on weekends”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here on Friday evening. We got to the restaurant at about 6:45 and I asked how long the wait would be for an outside table. One hour. From what they said, people had to wait from about 6:00. So we ate inside. Inside was quite nice. The server was good - prompt, but not pushy. We had the guacamole appetizer - very nice. A bit spicy, but not overly so. It was very generous. I ordered the steak fajitas and my wife order the Mexican barbecue. The food was plentiful. I finished, but just barely. My wife had filled up on the appetizer and was only able to finish half of her entrée. We did not have dessert. We both liked our food.

The patio has a great lake view and I noticed when we left (about 8:00) that there were several empty tables and there was live music on the patio. So get there before 6 or after 8 on weekend evenings to get a nice lakeside seat.

• Visited October 2013

“beautiful view”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

we eat dinner at Colibris several times with Friends, the Food is good, but the service was slow, even on a night that the Restaurant was not very busy. Prices are a little on the high side for a Mexican Restaurant. The view over the lake on the outside terrace is beautiful.

1 Thank Hannah463
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Dinner with a great view”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Eat dinner here every few weeks. Great to sit on the patio, enjoy a drink, and enjoy the view. Prices are a little high but great location. Good happy hour specials. Service is usually always good. I do wish they gave you more rice and beans with entrees.

• Visited July 2013
“Nothing exceptional”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ate here for lunch with a party of 6 coworkers. The restaurant was nearly empty yet service was excruciatingly slow (but pleasant). Our server seemed unable (or unwilling) to deal with special requests. Food was average Mexican. Lunch prices were reasonable. The restaurant was fairly loud.

1 Thank rhinodad
Orlando, Florida
“Date night atmosphere, unremarkable food.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I was here with a large party and the service was off. They had plenty of servers and knew we were coming. Appetizers didn't arrive at all and my kids were the last people served, almost 10 minutes later than everyone else. The food was average in taste, but was of good quality It really lacked a lot of flavor. The outside dining was beautiful, overlooking the water and would be a lovely date night. I'd be willing to try Colibri again to see if the issue was with our menu selections, but beef fajitas, a chimichanga, carnitas, and soft tacos are pretty standard fare. Perhaps next time we should be more adventurous, but for now we will put Colibri on the shelf and try it again at a later date.

1 Thank David G