“Family own great fresh taste”

Colibri Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #1,221 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 11, 2013

So I have seen the other reviews, guess what? This place has fresh food. Period! Good Mexican cuisine, it has a killer location, so it makes it to be a target for others who are envious. I have under my belt many reviews, international, and more of restaurants, hotels, food trucks, etc. they have a great customer service, is always busy, the food is Fresh. We do recommend it for whole Family. The inside is dark, as all Mexican restaurants are with cute decor. The reception is warm and friendly, the owners have other locations. The bar area is quaint. Juan our server was excellent.
This is our third time in different months, all consistently great! We will be back.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have jogged, well walked, countless times by Colibri while stretching my legs around Lake Baldwin. It has always smelled good and everyone sitting outside at the restaurant seemed to be enjoying themselves. So today I ended my walk outside at one of their tables.
The waiter was professional and very polite. The atmosphere was laid back and the wind off the lake was amazing.
I was given hot and salty tortilla chips with fresh salsa before I even ordered a drink. I like that.
There was a good drink selection and a full bar. They hade an enormous selection of tequilas.
I had the standard carne asada. The food was delivered hot with sides of beans, rice, and guacamole. It was the perfect amount with the perfect spice.
Now the location is what really makes this place. Its outside on a lake. Lots of great people watching and an incredible amount of wildlife on or above the lake.
A very enjoyable place to visit especially with a date or a group of friends who prefer outdoor dinning.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We love this quaint place. We had great service by William. We order fish tacos, they were amazing. The rest had combo plates, they were all great. Please ask for a side guacamole which comes serve on a rustic lava rock, great fresh cilantro, tomatoes and lime! The view of the Baldwin area Park is phenomenal. Many people jogging, dogs walking, bikers, fishing, etc... We sat outside patio; the inside is cute and quaint, but what a view outside. Even we experience showers we were well protected. On Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 de Mayo they are having live band and DJ's. I think the atmosphere of Colibri; which by the way is the small cute humming bird which is on the main entrance plate sign; is of 5 de Mayo all year long! This is a great Mexican Cuisine Restaurant. Is charming, great food, fantastic service. Very clean, has a great location. We will return, must likely for the Cinco De Mayo Party.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Really nice restaurant with a fantastic view over the lake. The service was very good and the ordered meal was also delicious. It was a very nice recreation time while my bike tour over the little econ greenway and around Lake Baldwin.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Irecently moved in to Baldwin Park from New Mexico and was ecstatic to find a mexican Restaurant in our downtown retail area. I rarely ever waste my time reviewing a "bad" fare restaurant, but I could not let this one go. The attraction was that it was, supposedly, a Mexican Restauarant and the positioning - right on the lake, with nice outdoor seating was great. That is THE ONLY THING redeemable about this restaurant. Believe me when I tell you I was shocked this place stays in business,(f course I later found out from the locals that this is not a recommended place to dine). Can I start with I asked the waiter if the nachos were made with, ahem, American cheese and he actually said yes!? I kid you not - yes, they were and they were simply Horrible, insulting. They were the saddest and lamest excuse for a plate of nachos I have ever, ever had the misfortune... The salads we ordered, wilted, small, unimpressive, bland, overcooked chicken, and when you have slimy little green pieces intermixed in the greens, you get it. The best thing that can happen is this place goes under and maybe we get a restaurant that serves good, fresh, delicous food for the locals that live here, never mind any one else. I would have been a regular, having an innate love for Mexican food, but Never will i return. No mamangement available to interact with and service amateur, just like the food. Take my word for it, Do Not let the beautiful outside fool you into eating here.

1  Thank A-Good-Bite