“Messy Fun!”

Hot N Juicy Crawfish
Ranked #650 of 3,919 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This spot is along Sand Lake Road, aka Restaurant Row, but is easily missed because it is in a strip mall. My sweetie and I arrived between 3-5pm when the place was basically empty. I'm sure the place is popping during happy and dinner hours.

The menu is pretty simple and given to you on small pieces of paper. When you're seated, you will notice there's a plastic tablecloth and a roll of paper towels. Nothing more, not even salt & pepper or other condiments. Another big hint you're about to get messy? Plastic bibs.

This is a crawfish place, but also has a wide variety of seafood options--lobster, shrimp, clams, mussels, crab legs, you name it. We got the calamari appetizer and enjoyed the feast that included corn, potatoes, and andouille sausage.

Here's the main kicker. No plates. No utensils. Your meal is served in clear plastic bags, so all pretension goes out the window. Great for a 3rd or 4th date when you need to find out how "real" your companion is LOL! Because it gets ugly from there!

You have a choice of sauces, some mild, spicy, garlicky, buttery, or all of the above. Expect your order to be drenched with what you've chosen. Also expect it to be served hot and fresh. Tie on your bib, surround yourself with paper towels, and dig in. The crawfish were divine, but if you're squeamish, know that every shellfish option comes with the head intact. That means you will come in contact with beady little eyes, antennae, and all body parts. It's true that the best part is to suck the head (the juice is sweet & flavorful) but it's not for the faint of heart.

Can't recall if there's a full bar or just beer and wine...let me suggest beer or soda. You will be full and will likely need some bubbles to keep the digestive tract free and clear. This is good, clean fun if you know what to expect. You're gonna want the moist towelettes and even then a thorough hand washing in the bathroom--the sauce and all your work opening the shells will easily make it under your fingernails.

Loved the service, the ambiance, and the messy take on dining out...this is a place you want to go if you love seafood and want to make a few memories and laughs. Just bring a stain treater stick with you!

3  Thank KellyJcksn

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We decided to give this restaurant a try because we were looking for a fun place to dine. Let me start by saying I'm from New Orleans & the seafood here was just as close to home. I've read some of the other reviews & all I can say is you can't please everyone! The food was fresh & steaming when served. Service was friendly & very personable. The server took the time to explain the different seasonings & provided her recommendations based off of our preference of spiceness. We will definitely go back hear when in Orlando.

1  Thank PecanTan09
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Looks are deceiving. From the outside it looks like a Jimmy Johns. Inside there is plenty of seating and good food. I stopped in for oysters and a crawfish sandwich. Both were very good, decent price. It's worth a try.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We came to Hot N Juicy after reading reviews here that said how great it was. I MUST have been confused. 3 of us ordered dinners. They all came at different times, and there wasn't a plate, napkin, or piece of silverware in the whole place. I ordered clams with "baby baby baby" spice. My dining companion loves spicy food, and even he said they were extremely hot. I couldn't eat them. Besides, they were served in a plastic bag with just the clams and sauce in it! As I said, no plate, nothing. They did bring me half a styrofoam container on request. Several of the clams weren't open though, so I asked for a knife to open them. I was told they didn't have a knife in the restaurant except plastic!! My dining companion ordered soft shell crabs. We questioned whether they were in season (we thought not, and wouldn't have ordered them if they were frozen after reading the Yelp* reviews) and were assured that they were. Turns out they were frozen and they had no flavor at all. They tasted the same as the french fries in the basket. To their credit, the beer special was great: mix and match 6 beers for 9 bucks. That's not enough to make me go back though. (Originally postd on Yelp*)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I went to this restaurant on New Years Day. I was expecting it to be packed with tourist, but that was not the case. We were immediately greeted and seated by their waitstaff. It was my friend's first attempt at crawfish and I wanted to have a good laugh. I told the server we were novices and and she just smiled. I was kind of hoping she would make some recommendations and at least describe to us the very important fact that you are not supposed to attempt to eat the entire crawfish, but I guess that was hoping for too much. I'm from Maryland where we are used to people needing a tutorial on how to eat seafood (crabs). We were quickly served our food and they kept our paper cup (yeah....paper) full with unlimited refills on the beverages we ordered. Overall not too bad, but don't go here looking for a world class fancy smanshy dinning experience.