“I know this isn't New Orleans but......”

Hot N Juicy Crawfish
Ranked #583 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The oysters on the half shell were okay....not very cold but okay. But the rest...FORGET IT!! I cook a lot and have had many crawfish boil party at my house so I KNOW that you don't have to cook everything until it is mushy. Shrimp was so WAY overcooked that were not even worth eating! Same thing for the corn...YUK! Potatoes would have been good if you had taken them out and mashed them...way overcooked. The few crawfish that were in our "bag" were small and way over cooked. It really doesn't take that long to cook any of the things that we had. But it also does not take long to cook them and keep them warm and ruin them. VERY disappointed in our meal.
Maybe I over-reacted because I had just been to New Orleans two weeks prior and had a really great crawfish boil??? And the Price??? $10.99 a pound?? Mudbugs are selling for $3.50 a pound in Louisiana and there is a record number this year. Way over-priced.

2  Thank Gagal

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Hot and Juicy is a chain specializing in crawfish. If you don't want crawfish then go someplace else! The crabs are ridiculously overpriced as are the crawfish. The sandwiches are moderate. This place is right near I drive in Dr Philips where everything is overpriced. The food is good and the $5.00 beers are cold. If you dont mind spending too much for no ... reason go for it!

1  Thank USMA1983
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Loved dinner! It was a get down and dirty feast with fresh seafood. Don't dress up! Fun way to eat your boil. I will likely be back but.... Our daughter was nearly finished with her shrimp basket when our boil came out. Wrong boil. Quickly corrected. Waiter accidentally brought us double orders of beers. Handled it well and said he would buy them. Bill was wrong when we got it. Took care of that too. Bathrooms were terrible which surprised me because everyone went there to wash up. Soap dispenser broken. Stall door broken. Missing toilet paper. Really? Every patron is heading there. These are quick fixes! Food was so good I will give it another shot but hope that management gets a better handle on it.

1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Whenever I'm in Orlando, I always stop by another restaurant to take some crawfish home. This visit I decided to try this place. I am addicted to eating crawfish and because of that I can tell if it's fresh or not. This is definately fresh! I order 2 pounds of crawfish seasoned with the spicy hot n juicy special. I waited only 5 minutes (which gave me time to look at the pictures on the wall and yes, they did have a picture of Adam Richman from Man vs Food!) The server, Elizabeth, was friendly.I live 2 hours away and when I got home, it was still warm! What I like about the crawfish from Hot n Juicy is that, as I mentioned earlier, it's fresh. You can taste the seasoning but it doesn't over power the taste of the crawfish. I can't wait to go back and get some more!

1  Thank Kes_Arin
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is an awesome find. We were driving through the parking lot to Publix and noticed it, and although we had already eaten, decided to stop in. We shared some crawfish with the recommended "hot and juicy" sauce and an appetizer of crawifish etoufee. The crawfish come in a plastic bag they plop in the middle of the table (that explaines the bibs) then it's every man for himself. Etoufee had great flavor and during the week they have an all-day $1 bottle beer special.

1  Thank Cathy H