“Delicious and unique!”

Rice and Beans Cocina Latina Waterford Lakes
Ranked #978 of 3,883 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. The martinis and mojitos at the bar area were fabulous but the sangria was a little sweet for my taste. All the food was great but my favorite was the roasted pork. It was amazingly tender and flavorful. The mojito garlic dressing is fantastic - it comes with the yuca but it tasted good on everything. Portions are generous.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The food was something different compared to the traditional food options offered in Orlando. Considering it to be more of a Miami atmosphere type of cafe but I would go back. I had their stewed chicken yellow rice fried plantains and kola very good.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This excellent restaurant was recommended to us by the staff in our hotel, and we had a great experience. The food was delicious (fried yuca with garlic sauce, lechon asada, sweet plantains, rice & beans), the freshly made cocktails were tasty, and the waitress was very professional & personable. It was a busy Saturday night with quite a few people eating dinner, but it wasn't too loud so we could talk. The restaurant is nicely designed and is located in a busy strip mall.

2  Thank RingoPisco12
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was my 2nd time and it was just average. 7pm on a Thursday and the food I ordered from the ready made selection was Rice & Red Beans, pernil and yucca. It was bland and not hot enough. My spouse ordered Milanesa and Mofongo from the Menu. The breaded steak was dry and the cheese and ham on top didnt look to appetizing. He loved the Mofongo. It was good portion and done well. The service here is great. Staff is attentive, friendly and extremely accomodating. We asked if we could have a piece of Cuerito from the fresh pernil that came out after I had been served and the waiter said no problem. It tasted great and I wished I could have had the fresh pernil instead. By 7pm there were quite a bit of people coming in for takeout and several that dined in. The restaurant has a friendly atmosphere and is very clean. The first time I came with my entire family on a saturday late afternoon and the food we ordered from the menu was much better. The restaurant has casual and formal dining. If we are in the area again I will give this place another try. My tip is to order off tbe menu and ask for cuerito with my fresh pernil and mofongo.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

If you are looking for, not just good but great Cuban/Dominican/Puerto Rican food in central Florida then this is the place for you. This has become our hangout every Friday, even though is about a half hour from us, but the drive is so worth it. We haven't had a bad meal here yet. From the Churrascos, to the mofongos, to the Ropa vieja, to the mariquitas, everything is delicious. The service is equally great, and the owners are super friendly and welcoming. The best part is the price, we have been here with 6 people and ordered appetizers and entrees and spent less than $100.00. Their dinning room and bar area are brand new and very elegant. They have live piano on the weekend so its a great place to just kick back and relax with your spouse and a good bottle of wine, or just a great place for families and large groups. The only thing they need is a Happy Hour with just a couple of affordable wines or beers!! Besides that, I assure you, you will not find better food anywhere but in your mom's kitchen.

1  Thank Elio P