“Birthday Dinner 2013 Deep Blu Seafood Grille, Orlando FL”

Deep Blu Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Deep Blu Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 3,861 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Buena Vista Drive
Description: Let the experts at deep blu seafood grille prepare a diverse culinary journey that will awaken your palette. Prepared by world-renowned chefs, your meal will not only be delectable but sustainable. All of the fresh Atlantic seafood comes direct from Clean Fish, an organization that works with the finest sustainable fisheries in the area. Additionally, the restaurant predominately buys produce from local farmers. As for deep blu seafood grille's atmosphere, it's sublime and divine. The contemporary décor is warm and inviting while the open kitchen is apt to stoke your appetite to explore unchartered courses. You may even be inspired to try out one of our private dining options. These secluded settings are perfect for couples, families, and business travelers looking for a quiet spot to seal the deal.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

After a busy day at the parks my husband treated me to what turned out to be the best dining experience of my life at the Deep Blu Seafood Grille in Orlando Florida. To start we walked in and I was presented with a personalized birthday menu with my name on top I mean really who doesn't love the added attention to detail on their special day! The server Renee Simpson was very knowledgeable when it came to the menu offerings she was very helpful when it came to selecting our starts and beverage accompaniments and let me tell you her suggestions were excellent.

We started with Chef Cory's Crab Cake I know you may be thinking fried crab cake but no this was fresh at its best wonderfully done it was large enough to share not to much not to little a perfect start. Renee did also recommend some entrees to us as well but we were feeling adventurous and opted to chose the featured creature offering of the evening which was a halibut tbone served with a blueberry reduction and micro greens atop some potatoes with a bit of pork belly. Let's just say we should have went with her prior suggestions. We really wanted to venture out and we found the flavors just to be to far out for our taste level. This is where the magic really happened. Shortly after we were served Renee checked back on us to see how we were enjoying things. She picked up on it right away that we weren't loving the meal so without hesitation she had them removed from the table and let us change our meal. We went with the Chilean Sea Bass with meyer lemon beurre blanc sauce and a 6oz Filet Mignon with the chimichurri. Let me tell you perfectly prepared amazing flavors absolutely wonderful entrees. The wine I had was the Belle Glos, Pinot Noir, “Meiomi”, Monterey-Santa Barbara-Sonoma Counties, California, 2011 I really enjoyed it and am a fan of Pinot Noir so maybe I'm biased. We finished with a special birthday surprise dessert a Key Lime Gelee with this amazing mango pearls so wonderful.

If you find yourself in the area and are looking for a wonderful meal where the team at Blu Seafood Grille goes above and beyond to ensure you are having the best dining experience. Do find yourself here it is well worth it! I hope you get as lucky to be served by Renee Simpson but for sure you will enjoy the culinary creations of Chef Cory York.

deepbluorlando, Manager at Deep Blu Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Kbbkeenan,

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us and so honored to hear you chose us to celebrate with! We pride ourselves on delivering a great experience from the service to the atmosphere to of course, the cuisine. We hope you are able to join us again soon and for another great celebration!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We've eaten here twice and we have been pleased each time! The steak and filet can be cut with a fork! Paired with the outstanding crab cake, it makes an awesome "surf and turf". The shared arugula salad and creme brulee were definitely worth the splurge. The cocktails were tasty too. Our waiter, Vincent, had spot-on recommendations and provided exceptional service.

The only suggestion would be to arrive a bit early to relax with the piano player in the entry area. He was simply awesome!

Deep Blu is a perfect spot to enjoy a special occasion. We'll be back!

deepbluorlando, Manager at Deep Blu Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Nicki7801,

Thank you so much for your review.
We are known for our award-winning crab cakes and are so happy you enjoyed them.
We look forward to your return and the chance to wow you again!

Your friends at deep blu seafood grille

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The atmosphere in this restaurant is open and relaxing even with a the direct view of the food prep area which is reminiscent of Hell's Kitchen.
It took some time to have someone wait on us. There appeared to be some confusion. One of the managers noticed and took things into his own hands. He came over and greeted us and served our water.
Our server, Renee, came over and was really a big hit with us. She was very friendly, accommodating and helpful! She treated our young daughter with extra attention. Since we asked her for recommendations, they were perfect. She even recommended a preparation of the fish (seared) which was not an option on the menu. I will say that our entrees were some of the best prepared dishes that I have ever had. Renee was exactly what this restaurant needs. She's perfect for this place. Renee has a high culinary IQ and a passion for this work.
As for the Chef Cory York and his team: BRAVISIMO!! The size of the cut of both my Red Snapper and my wife's fish(?) was larger than what you see at most seafood restaurants. Both entrees were prepared perfectly and accented deliciously.
If the cost to eat at this restaurant could be reduced by 10% to 15%, I believe that more hotel guests would be attracted to come here instead of eating somewhere outside the hotel.

Dear HKitchen,

Thank you so much for your review.
We apologize for your wait time however, we are pleased to hear you had ample recovery!
Renee is a wonderful asset to our team and we are so pleased you were able to have your dining experience with her as your guide.
We hope you are able to join us again soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place was amazing! From the food to the service to the atmosphere, everything was top notch. We had a large group of seven, and not one person was displeased with their meal. The sides are ample and ordering a bunch of them to share is not a bad meal plan. The sushi was excellent, it was some the freshest I've ever had. The bartender poured one of the best martinis on record, and I like to think of myself as a martini expert!
Just such an enjoyable dining experience, start to finish, soup to nuts (literally).

Dear TerriMTay,

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us!
We hope you are able to join us again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved the menu - both seafood, sides, and wine available. You had the choice to customize how the seafood was prepared (grilled, broiled, blackened, or cedar plank). Everyone in our party chose a different side dish which was served family style. Huge wine menu offering. The food was excellent. Our waiter was probably the best waiter that I have been served by. He spent a lot of time going through the menu and options and wine parings. I was impressed! I was disappointed we didn't make it to desert because we were so full. I would highly recommend. Expensive, but worth it for a nice night out.

1  Thank LovetheFingerLakesNY
deepbluorlando, Manager at Deep Blu Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear LovetheFingerLakesNY,
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us.
We hope you are able to join us again soon and try dessert!