“Good, Affordable Greek”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was stuck in rain and traffic gridlock on International Drive searching for another restaurant when I remembered Zorba's. A few minutes later I was enjoying a lovely glass of Makedonikos to soothe my traffic nerves. Soon after I was enjoying a hot bowl of avgolemono (served with fresh bread and a creamy sauce) and the spanakopita platter (spinach pie and Greek salad served with tzatziki sauce. Everything was delicious. The server was very friendly and attentive. Zorba's is somewhat hidden at the end of a strip mall, but it is really worth finding.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I went to Zorba last Friday for the first time. We had appetizers, entrees and coffee. The food is authentic Greek with an American touch and we considered kind of OK. The portions are generous. The service is poor, having one employee serving as a hostess, bartender, waitress, etc. The price is extremely high for what you get. It is a pretentious strip mall restaurant that I would recommend for groups, parties, etc. Otherwise, I would consider a restaurant for tourists and we will not go back. If you are looking for a perfect Greek food and a romantic place to have dinner, you should go elsewhere.

1  Thank Ronaldo C
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I usually question strip mall restaurants but Zorbas was no let down. It's simple We met some friends there for dinner and had a perfectly good evening. It was't to busy but I think that"s because of their location. The decor is modern , good lighting. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. Athough my lamb was overcooked, I did enjoy the hummus and pits bread. Again, pefectly fine for a nice meal with friends.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Zorbas was an ok restaurant to me, but not my favorite Greek food. I thought the food was kind of bland and have had better. It wasn't that it was bad, just not great. The service did take a long time. I had bought a Groupon so I was glad I didn't pay full price, but I don't think I would go back. We had the gyros, the falafel, and the stuffed mushrooms. The falafel really didn't taste like much. We enjoyed the atmosphere and really wanted to like it more, but it wasn't my favorite. Maybe it was just an off night for them? I'm not really sure.

1  Thank Krsmi611
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We never would have found this restaurant if not for a coupon. It is in a strip shopping center with no visibility from the road. However, the search was worth it.

There were three of us and we decided to split two gyro platters which turned out to be a good choice as there was plenty of food. The pita bread was soft and warm. The gyro meat was both plentiful and flavorful. The steak fries were cooked perfectly with some cheese sprinkled on top. The Greek salad was a slight let-down as it came with all the ingredients that belong in this salad but it was served with a ranch dressing.

Service was superb with us being looked after by both a waiter and a waitress. Both were very friendly and efficient, checking with us constantly and refilling our drinks on their own before they were ever empty.

When in the mood for Greek food, we will definitely return to Zorbas.