“close to everything”

Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #83 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Resort is in a perfect location and is very safe, and clean. Very family oriented, if you are in need of a equipped fitness center and lap pool, this is not for you, great for kids though, and perfect distance to all of Disney and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank B F
mgush, Front Office Manager at Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to stay with SPM Blue Tree Resort and writing a review. We are glad you enjoyed the 4 pools, amenities and found the location convenient to the attractions and shopping. We look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,666)

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Although I agree with the rest of the reviews that it is very close and convenient to Disney, the suites were so dirty! The bed sheets and covers were so dirty with blotches on them and when we asked for new ones, they were just as dirty! There were a few living insects in the suites including a few spiders. The wifi was very weak, and it was just like not even having wifi in the first place. The television went off suddenly one night and the staff said that everyone had the same problem. It was fixed the next day but still did not leave me with a good experience. Overall, I would give it a 2 out of 5 and would definitely not go to this resort ever again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Bebe154943

Thank you for staying with SPM Blue Tree Resort and leaving your feedback. I am so dismayed
to hear you were not satisfied with your stay with us. This is definitely not typical of our standards. We take all feedback seriously as it definitely is a tool we use to improve our standards and operations. I have forwarded your comments to our management team.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here for 4 days, breeze to check in and find rooms. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed WiFi a little weak but worked. Pool clean and area very tidy although they did start cleaning at 8.30 daily, Very close to downtown Disney, and the outlet mall. As a base to explore the area it was excellent and would I stay again -yes!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Simonosb
mgush, Front Office Manager at Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank You for staying with us at SPM Blue Tree Resort. It's great to hear that you loved the rooms, resort amenities and our perfect location. We will see you on your next visit.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I picked this hotel based on the reviews and the reviews were right! Couldn't have asked for a better hotel! It was like staying in an apt. The full kitchen had everything you could ask for from plates and utensils to a blender and juicer. It saved us so much money going to a Superwalmart down the road and buying groceries for the week! It was nice and clean, no bugs spotted. There was plenty of bedding and real towels. They thought of everything including extra toilet paper, garbage bags etc. Housekeeping is once a week so if making your own bed is no big deal to you, then this is place to go. Our 2 bedroom sleeps six with a queen, 2 twin and a pullout sofa which we didn't use. I thought the queen mattress was very soft but everyone else in family thought beds were fine so I guess was just my own preference. We were busy at parks (closeby) but they have many kids activities going on. My kids loved all the pools to chose from and even though most were heated was still cool enough to enjoy. The only con was that they had us checking out a night early but I had a copy of my confirmation with me so they had no problem fixing it. Definitely book here, you will be pleased!

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank tina2202

Thank you for staying with SPM Blue Tree Resort and taking the time to write a review. It's very pleasing to know you had a great time and especially loved our big, fully stocked kitchen with all those little extras we provide and that your kids had a blast in our 4 pools. Hopefully we will see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here with my family - two adults, and 3 kids, ages 7, 9, and 12 - for a trip to Universal. As a lifetime Floridian, I've taken LOTS of Orlando trips over the years, and this had to be the most comfortable I have ever been on a vacation stay.

Check in was a breeze. The staff were courteous and accommodating, taking time to explain the amenities, and go over the property map as well as the pretty full activities calendar (some fun stuff for the kids for "down time.")

The accommodations were great - we were in the Deluxe 2BR; the master BR had a queen sized bed, and a great bathroom with an oversized jetted tub. The 2nd BR had two twin beds, and it's own TV, too (which the little ones LOVED). The 12 year old slept on the sleeper sofa in the living room, and she said it was actually quite comfortable. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed to make basic meals - pots, pans, plates, coffee maker, etc. The unit had a full sized washer and dryer, too. If you think you might do more than one load while you're there, bring your own detergent - there's a little box that will get you through one load.

There are several pools on the property, and they are all well maintained and comfortable. The mini golf was nothing spectacular, but it was a fun way to spend an hour with all of us. (Be sure to bring your ID to the desk when you go to play - they will need to hold your driver's license in exchange for your clubs and balls, as well as if you choose to play pool in the clubhouse).

Overall, this was a great trip. The resort offers shuttle service to the parks, but I cannot speak to how that was, as we opted to drive to have the flexibility to come and go as we pleased. BUT the resort is only about a 10-12 min drive from Universal, so it was VERY convenient. There are tons of stores and restaurants nearby, too. (As an aside, if you want to bring groceries, grab them somewhere OTHER than the grocery up the street - it's VERY expensive).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank debbie0116

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation time with us at SPM Blue Tree Resort. We are thrilled that based on your frequent visits to our area this was 'the most comfortable you ever had'. It's nice that you found our front office both friendly and knowledgeable and also you found the kitchen fully stocked and liked our little starter pack. It's great to see that your kids loved the TV in their bedroom and that you found our great location convenient to the theme parks and attractions. We look forward to your next stay in the area.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I own at Westgate Villa but I have not vacationed in Florida in a few years. On arrival the staff was prompt and friendly. The staff was also prompt and friendly when I made a request. I went for a swim daily at the conveniently located pools. My friend enjoyed her daily visit to the heated pool. The exercise room was usually occupied therefore I did not use the equipment. The map of the resort was helpful to get around. I suggested that the numbered pool locations shown on the map should also be numbered on the prominent signs at the pool. We enjoyed the food at the various restaurants we visited daily. This was a wonderful relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George B
Reviewed August 17, 2012

A couple of friends and I stayed here for four days while vacationing and visiting a friend in the Florida area. The hotel is conveniently located near stores and attractions. Although we did not use the service, they offer shuttle service to theme parks. The exterior is very nice. I counted three swimming pools, we went to the fitness room, the staff was friendly, the room was clean. You have to call for new towels and bed linen when needed and take out your own trash everyday which wasn't a problem. The water sprinklers are turned on at night creating various puddles of water throughout the property which, may be the reason we all had a couple of mosquito bites. Overall, there are no complaints and the grounds are kept very clean and even though it is a fairly large facility it was very quiet at night.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank R B

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review of SPM Blue Tree Resort. It's great to hear you had a pleasant time staying with us and you found the resort clean, quiet and conveniently located. I have taken note on your water sprinkler observation, thanks we appreciate feedback. We look forward to your next visit.