“My friend has had lunch here 40 days in a row!”

Cuban Sandwiches To Go
Ranked #1,305 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Take cash, my friend forgot to tell me it was cash only so he bought lunch :) My crazy friend has had lunch at this place for the last 40 consecutive days they have been open. He kept raving about it until I took a day and went to lunch with him. Honestly one of the best sandwiches I have ever put in my mouth. Add the black beans and a Cuban coffee to lift you back to your feet after this sandwich takes you out at the knees. It's a walk up with everything served in Styrofoam but it is what it is, packed into a small area between two busy roads what it is, is great food simply.
Don't be in a hurry, be prepared to wait after you order because it is obviously more important to get it right than to get it quick!

1  Thank holby13

Reviewed September 20, 2013

They serve delicious authentic Cuban sandwiches. And the beans & rice are good too. No ambiance, no instant service, just great Cuban sandwiches like you get on Calle Ocho in Miami.

A true "Cuban sandwich" is tightly defined and these are the real deal. There are no options. You either like them or you don't. If you like authentic Cuban sandwiches, you will love the ones they serve here.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The sign in the window states " We Are Not A Fast Food Restaurant, So Hurry Up And Wait". You have been officially warned! If you want the good cuban sandwich they serve, it's gonna be on their terms. It's a cash only deal at the walk up window, and if you are on a 30 minute lunch break, 20 minutes of it are going to be spent waiting for your food. This puzzles me, there must be some sort of logic that if 10 customers are waiting in line, at least 4 of them are going to order the cuban sandwich. Why not have a few of them grilling in anticipation of the pending orders??? The Cafe' Conleche' is also very good. Where I come from a large Cafe' Conleche" costs about $2.75 and is about 16 to 20 ounces depending of the server. Here a large is only about 10-12 ounces. The fried plantains (the maduros) are really good and the black beans are done nicely served with rice and onions. For about $10 you can get a small cuban, beans w/rice and plantains. Bring your own drink and save a little money. They use real cuban bread! They speak good English and don't make Americans feel like a burden (which can be unusual for the Orlando area). Yummy stuff!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Forgot about the cash only policy. Had placed my order so asked if they could fill my order while I went to ATM. Was told I would have to order when I got back. Was on a short time schedule so just went down the road and was just as pleased with my sandwich. So much for 20 years of business and tons of recomendations. The previous post from Jan. was mine food I am sure is still real good but in today's market you would think a business would be more customer friendly.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Have been going there for at least 20 years. Would drive from Daytona Beach just for a sandwich. Whether shopping or a trip to the airport it always warranted a stop. Have tried everything and have never been disappointed.