“Africa in the USA”
Review of Wild Africa Trek

Wild Africa Trek
Ranked #50 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Join the ultimate animal adventure! Journey deep into Pangani Forest on a thrilling, privately guided expedition featuring close encounters with exotic wildlife species. Get closer than you ever dreamed possible to Nile crocodiles and massive hippos. Venture on to a VIP safari across an open savanna teeming with native African creatures!Once-In-A-Lifetime ExperiencesDozens of massive Nile crocodiles patrol the jungle riverbed. Mammoth hippos move deftly underwater. You are there to see it all!Adventurers are fitted with an expedition harness that attaches to an overhead track. Once your group reaches the riverbank, get a stunning look at the hippos, just 10 feet below. After a seemingly precarious trek across a rope bridge dangling over a throng of enormous crocodiles, experience another unbelievable view as you hang over the crocs' riverbed lair!VIP SafariEnjoy a brief hike onto a sweeping African savanna for a VIP safari, including a visit to an exclusive safari camp with incredible views of everything from towering giraffe to powerful rhinos.True Life-AdventureWild Africa Trek is a jaw-dropping journey only a few Guests get to experience. The expedition is a true encounter with African creatures in their native habitat. Come with us on this Disney True-Life Adventure!PhotographyA Disney photographer captures your experiences along the way. When you return home from your visit to Walt Disney World Resort, you'll receive a photo CD in the mail, so you can relive your wild adventure again and again. Photo CD is included in the cost of the tour.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was worth every dollar for this tour. I am afraid of heights but crossing over the hippos and the Nile Crocodiles was wild. The guides were very helpful and were able to answer our questions. We were lucky enough to most of the animals on the savanna.

6  Thank Howard H
in 21 reviews
"entire tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Now this is by no means a real African safari, but it saves the travel time and costs. The highlights for me were walking over the high suspension bridge over a river full of nile crocodiles, as well as standing at the edge of the croc's lair. The lunch over looking the safari with giraffes in view is pretty special as well. The tour isn't cheap, but what is at Disney? if you love wild life, it's a must do at least once.

2  Thank JayMc11
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This really lived up to my expectation and I loved it! The Cast Members were very friendly and helpful, it was like a day out with friends. The animals were amazing to see, I loved the rope bridges and being able to 'lean over the edge' to see the hippos and crocs closer. The food we had halfway through was interesting and lovely. I can't wait to do this again.

3  Thank TaraRenee
Reviewed November 10, 2012

There is only one word to describe this adventure and that is WOW and awesome. It is worth every penny you spend on it. You get really up close to the animals and the snack you get when you stop for the "break" is delicious........and the CD with all the photo's are included in the price........It is just amazing

4  Thank jjejermaster
See more reviews
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was hesitant to pay the price for this tour, but after reading many reviews here and elsewhere, I decided to book it for my wife and grand-daughter and I. Just as everyone said, the tour is definitely worth the price. My wife and I are 57 and our grand-daughter is 16. We all agree the tour was one of the highlights of our vacation. We were on the 12:30 Trek and we saw a wide variety of animals. The temperature was mild and there was a raincloud gathering while we had lunch. It never rained at Animal Kingdom, but it probably did nearby. The cloud and scent of rain made the animals very active while we were eating. The giraffes blocked the road as they moved across the area. There were 6 of the Kilimanjaro Safari trucks backed up waiting for the road to clear.

Don't miss this if you are reasonably healthy. There is walking on rough uneven ground but not too much to tire you out. My grand-daughter and I have allergic asthma and we both use daily maintenance inhalers. Strenuous activity causes us a lot of breathing problems, but we had no problem doing this Trek. All the walking is at the beginning of the Trek. You get suited up with a harness to keep you from falling off the bridge and walk through the Africa section of Animal Kingdom. You walk part of the paved trail Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. Then you leave the pavement and walk through the woods to the hippo area. You are clipped to a rail and can lean over the bluff where you are standing above the hippos. You then walk over to the two bridges you walk across. One is over the hippos and one is over the crocodiles. Then you clip to a rail and again you can lean out to watch the crocodiles below. You have another walk through the woods to board a vehicle to observe the rest of the animals. There are several places where you can pull over to take pictures and get a better view of the animals. You then stop at a pavilion in the middle of the savannah for your lunch. The food was unusual but mostly tasty for my wife and I. Our grand-daughter didn't try much of it. After lunch, the truck takes you back to the entrance of Kilimanjaro Safari and you walk back to your starting point.

Your price includes the tour, lunch, a keepsake metal water bottle, and a cd of photos the guides take while you are on tour. We hope you get the chance to go and experience this for yourselves.

7  Thank ScubaStan710