“good 'ol fashion hospitality and traditional food”
Review of Yalaha Bakery - CLOSED

Yalaha Bakery
Cuisines: Delicatessen, German
Description: This is a new location/ bakery opened by the Yalaha Bakery in Yalaha, FL.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place is great! The service is very traditional and I even get to practice my German when ordering delightful Tea Wurst, tasty, Pretzels, Leberkäse, Leberwurst, Spätzle and so much more... I used to drive to a deli in Tampa for such things, it is fantastic to find this place here in our own Orlando backyard!!! Can't say enough about it, try the pastries, and the home baked bread... FRESH, FRESH, FRESH... and yummy!! Try the special German vinegar on yournext salad and don't for get the Senf... I highly recommend the Yahala Bakery!!!!! Give it a try...

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have previously reviewed Yalaha Bakery and gave it an excellent rating. However, my last visit requires a follow-up review. Their customer service on my last visit was very poor.

I visited Yalaha Bakery the day before Thanksgiving, early morning, and was disappointed to find that they were out-of-stock on many items. Understandable, given the time of year. In an effort to salvage the trip, I decided to buy two half-cakes, since they did not have any complete cakes. I explained to the employee who was assisting me, who appeared to be high-school aged, that I planned to buy two halves of a cake. I then noticed the employee counting the slices in the half cakes. I asked if they planned to charge me the by-the-slice price (instead of the whole cake price, since I was buying two halves) and she responded "yes."

OK, they're out of many items, and cannot understand that I was attempting to support their small business by buying an entire cake. Has management considered putting responsible adults in charge of their store, instead of staffing it with children?

Instead of buying at Yalaha Bakery, I went to the nearest Toojay's (which is close by) and bought my cakes there. They were less than half the price and were delicious.

Your loss, Yalaha. I won't return.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I bought several types of pastries to serve at a party. The employee crammed them all into one box which caused some to break and squash an éclair. She them plopped a heavy loaf of bread on top of the box. I called when I opened the box at home and ask to speak to the manager. The employee who had served me at first said she was the manager, but then admitted she was an assistant manager. I gave her my telephone number to have the manager return my call, but when I asked her to read it back to me she, had most of the numbers wrong. She told me this location is a franchise.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I live near the Yalaha in Lake County and have been going here for years. I have found that the cookies and pastries look better than they taste and are very expensive. But, the bread -- oh, the bread! Crusty, chewy, flavorful, perfect. Right now I am addicted to the cranberry walnut loaf.
Munch on it plain in the car on the way home,eat it slathered with butter when you get to the house and have it toasted for breakfast after that. Strangely though, I have discovered that the smaller loaf is better than the large one. Go figure. A ride to the Lake County store is a treat. Pretty scenery as you drive over Lake Harris and then the unusual
sight of a "Bavarian" building in Yalaha.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I really enjoy taking a road trip out to the original Yalaha Bakery in Lake County, and I was happy to see that they opened a satellite store near the Ivanhoe Row district on Orange Avenue in Orlando. I have visited the Orange Ave location several times now to pick up pastry for breakfast. It is also an easy bike ride using the Orlando Urban Trail and/or the Dinky Line Trail.

I enjoy the chocolate eclairs and the fruit tarts are superb. I spend several minutes just eyeing the case to figure out what pastry I want- everything is so beautiful! Prices are a bit on the high side for pastry, but are more reasonable for breads.