“Tricky but Great Golf Course”

MetroWest Golf Club
Ranked #69 of 119 Outdoor Activities in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: MetroWest Golf Club, voted the best golf course in Orlando, is located just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort. The club provides a fair, yet demanding challenge to make a pleasurable golf experience for players of all skill levels.
Stockport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tricky but Great Golf Course”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I visited this Golf Course twice during my recent holiday in Orlando, an ideal location near Universal Studios. Course has a good variety of holes and there is also a varied choice of Tee Locations for all handicaps. Greens are very true, but as mentioned by others they are hard, so you have to adjust your game to suit the conditions. Value for money was very good and the Hire Clubs that I used were of a good quality. Only disappointment is the current lack of GPS units in the buggies and the limited availability of distance markers around the course.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Graham B

London, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Good design. Poor condition.”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Rock hard greens. Poor poor fairways. Not well kept. Very average. Would not play again. Greens are fairly new and not bedded in apparently but no excuse not to water them. Couldn't hold a thing. Fairways and all rough were v v poorly kept. Greens keeper said they were in transitional phase? Either way. Poor.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank dsw_review
Lancaster
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“tough greens, nice course”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I understand the course has recently been renovated and is excellent shape. The greens were tough when I played, hard as a rock would not hold anything but rolled true. Not an overly tough course otherwise but well maintained and in a nice area.

Visited April 2014
South Paris, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Buyer beware!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I'm not usually one to write negative reviews but I think my experience here warrants it. I've played at this course a few times on our annual golf getaway and to be fair, it is a nice course. On my last trip however I dropped my bag at the bag drop, went in and paid, and came back around with the cart to find my clubs had been stolen within that 5-10 minute period. The club did give me free rentals to use and then called the police on my behalf, which I appreciated. I was a little surprised they didn't offer any type of discount or refund considering my group was limited to about 9 daylight holes due to the whole fiasco. My biggest problem was lack of response from management (not there at the time) who never contacted me at all! With any concern other than my leaving the property without hastle, I would expect some type of communication. It leads me to believe that this may not be all that uncommon there.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank shcmil
Chocowinity, North Carolina
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“First Rate, Long and Difficult, But Worth the Experience!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This Robert Trent Jones course has undergone a recent major renovation, removing 47 traps and replanting the greens with mini-verde turf. The greens are very undulating, are not yet mature, and therefore are hard and very fast. The course needs senior tees for both men and women because the distances and elevation changes are too difficult for the older golfer. For example, the shortest distance for men is 6100 yards and 5400 for women. The course bathrooms need some renovation also. The views are very pleasing to the eye, and the surrounding homes are very upscale. The club house is nicely designed and furnished, with lockers, food, and a great looking pro shop. All of the staff members are very friendly and helpful. we were able to get a good deal on this premium course through EZ Links/Tee Off. We will definitely return for another round our next visit to Orlando.

Visited March 2014