“I would stay again”

Grande Villas Resort
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed here last month. I booked thru Hotwire, so we were assigned a 1-bedroom condo. It was really nice! But beware, it is small (for 4 of us). For a single adult or couple, it's perfect but if you are traveling with children definitely get a 2-bedroom! Trust me. Location is great! Maybe a 1/2 mile from an entrance to Disney World. There is a playground, activity center, multiple pools, and a mini convenience store located at the center of the resort. There are several activities scheduled throughout the day almost everyday, some free/some cost a small fee. Playground/pools were very nice, very clean. The store sells a nice variety of items, basic human necessities, snacks, drinks (basics water, sodas, beer, wine), along with so much more. There is also a deli/pizza place in the store. They also do free delivery! But the wait/deliver time can be outstanding so we weren't able to try out the food. What else?...The volcano pool people speak of, is located at the sister resort across the street but you are welcome to use it too (we didn't have a chance to). Our room was clean, no complaints there. But....traveler beware! This IS a timeshare property. However, having said that, they do not shove their property down your throat at every chance. Ultimately, I would happily stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Crystalrenee1984
Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The check in parking area is a little weird and small.. I went to check in after the 4PM check in time and found that my room was not clean yet. They tried to find me another room and after a long wait handed me the keys and we were off! Once we were checked in by a very welcoming staff, we went to the room but found they had given me the wrong room type. I went back to the front desk where they apologized and got me the correct room. When we got to the room, I did a very thorough inspection to make sure everything was clean and in order. IT WAS SUPERB! It was sparkling clean and well appointed.
The kitchen area made it very nice. I was able to purchase fresh fruits and other groceries and store them in the full size refrigerator. I saved so much by cooking for my family. EVERYTHING was already there is the room for us, including dish soap and a dish sponge. All dishes, cookware, drink ware (including wine glasses) and even a toaster and BLENDER!
The 1 bedroom apartment was well enough sized (unless the pullout couch was open) and the bathroom was very large and roomy. There was a small screened in porch outside of the bedroom with 2 chairs and a little table. Made the perfect place to sit and enjoy the morning weather. There were security guards walking around all night. I felt very comfortable with my children.
There are 2 beautiful pools, daily activities (giant jenga anyone?) and FREE mini golf.
10 minute drive to the Magic Kingdom and about 5 minutes to Downtown Disney. That's with the normal weekend traffic!

The Negatives - I think the only negative experience I had was the high pressure sales pitch. Upon check in they try to get you to sit for 90 - 120 sales pitch for the time share. They called me 2 times in a 3 night stay offering "special" gifts if I signed up for the pitch. The worst was upon checkout they caught me again. Offering a "free 5 day" stay (with a valid credit card of course) if I would listen to the pitch. I think after the third time I said no they would get it and leave me alone.

I will stay again but will avoid the concierge desk at all costs!

Room Tip: So very close to Disney, very clean, great family place to stay!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank JennD0711
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have stayed at Grande Villas several times and the experiences have been superb. We like the proximity to Downtown Disney. Our 2 college daughters love their private bedroom with bath adjacent and mom and dad love the comfy bed and jacuzzi in their room. Very friendly folks and very responsive front desk. Nice pools. Nice kitchen. Our only regret is that we stay on property so little with park hopping. Strongly recommend! Thanks to Tony Aramouni for always helping us

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey S R
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The people and pools (3) are great. The single bedrooms are small to say the least.
We stayed a week and had no maid service. Rooms are comfortable with two balconies and three bedrooms, three bathrooms. In the evening when it is wifi time, Grand Villas is a wifiless deal breaker. The pools and closeness to Disney and Universal is wonderful.

If wifi is important to you find a different facility. Everyone in our group had a personal iPad. Connection was a continuing problem. Had tech support but that helped a bit for a day. Still, one can not connect to streaming media such as Netflix without frequent pauses for the spinning wheel of boredom. I finally broke down and connected to my cellular account.

Room Tip: Facing pools are great but sometimes noisy past 11:00.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank wsucarlsen
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Super resort right in the heart of Lake Buena Vista. Clean inside and out. Safe area. Within walking distance to stores and restaurants. Super price deal for 2 bed 2 bath unit. All amenities in unit. Planned daily activities for families. 2 pools and small well stocked store on property. All personnel friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Our 2 bed was on ground floor was not noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Diamond R, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodations at The Grande Villas Resort. The location of the resort offers easy access to nearby activities and sought-after Orland attractions. It is a great place for guests of all ages! Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I received more than expected i always stay in other good suite type hotel so i was afraid for a change but as soon i arrived i was comfortable and when i arrived to the hotel room i was like wow!! i made 2 request and they satisfied both of them and then i had a small complaint with my bed and they did everything to make me feel good and they did fast... the hotel is very clea outside and inside, im going to stay with them in october again for almost the sames numbers of days 15.

Room Tip: looking by the pool and higher room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elvin75
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great place. Rooms clean and service nice. Kid friendly as well. Great experience for my first trip with my kids to Orlando. This 2 bedroom hotel was huge and very spacious. The pool had lots of room and the kids had more than enough time to swim.

Room Tip: If you stay in the 2 bedroom hotel. It's just like home.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family