“Excellent place to stay as a family!”

Grande Villas Resort
Trickham, TX
“Excellent place to stay as a family!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The check in parking area is a little weird and small.. I went to check in after the 4PM check in time and found that my room was not clean yet. They tried to find me another room and after a long wait handed me the keys and we were off! Once we were checked in by a very welcoming staff, we went to the room but found they had given me the wrong room type. I went back to the front desk where they apologized and got me the correct room. When we got to the room, I did a very thorough inspection to make sure everything was clean and in order. IT WAS SUPERB! It was sparkling clean and well appointed.
The kitchen area made it very nice. I was able to purchase fresh fruits and other groceries and store them in the full size refrigerator. I saved so much by cooking for my family. EVERYTHING was already there is the room for us, including dish soap and a dish sponge. All dishes, cookware, drink ware (including wine glasses) and even a toaster and BLENDER!
The 1 bedroom apartment was well enough sized (unless the pullout couch was open) and the bathroom was very large and roomy. There was a small screened in porch outside of the bedroom with 2 chairs and a little table. Made the perfect place to sit and enjoy the morning weather. There were security guards walking around all night. I felt very comfortable with my children.
There are 2 beautiful pools, daily activities (giant jenga anyone?) and FREE mini golf.
10 minute drive to the Magic Kingdom and about 5 minutes to Downtown Disney. That's with the normal weekend traffic!

The Negatives - I think the only negative experience I had was the high pressure sales pitch. Upon check in they try to get you to sit for 90 - 120 sales pitch for the time share. They called me 2 times in a 3 night stay offering "special" gifts if I signed up for the pitch. The worst was upon checkout they caught me again. Offering a "free 5 day" stay (with a valid credit card of course) if I would listen to the pitch. I think after the third time I said no they would get it and leave me alone.

I will stay again but will avoid the concierge desk at all costs!

Room Tip: So very close to Disney, very clean, great family place to stay!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank JennD0711

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Korean first
shelby, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have stayed at Grande Villas several times and the experiences have been superb. We like the proximity to Downtown Disney. Our 2 college daughters love their private bedroom with bath adjacent and mom and dad love the comfy bed and jacuzzi in their room. Very friendly folks and very responsive front desk. Nice pools. Nice kitchen. Our only regret is that we stay on property so little with park hopping. Strongly recommend! Thanks to Tony Aramouni for always helping us

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeffrey S R
Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The people and pools (3) are great. The single bedrooms are small to say the least.
We stayed a week and had no maid service. Rooms are comfortable with two balconies and three bedrooms, three bathrooms. In the evening when it is wifi time, Grand Villas is a wifiless deal breaker. The pools and closeness to Disney and Universal is wonderful.

If wifi is important to you find a different facility. Everyone in our group had a personal iPad. Connection was a continuing problem. Had tech support but that helped a bit for a day. Still, one can not connect to streaming media such as Netflix without frequent pauses for the spinning wheel of boredom. I finally broke down and connected to my cellular account.

Room Tip: Facing pools are great but sometimes noisy past 11:00.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank wsucarlsen
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Super resort right in the heart of Lake Buena Vista. Clean inside and out. Safe area. Within walking distance to stores and restaurants. Super price deal for 2 bed 2 bath unit. All amenities in unit. Planned daily activities for families. 2 pools and small well stocked store on property. All personnel friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Our 2 bed was on ground floor was not noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Diamond R, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodations at The Grande Villas Resort. The location of the resort offers easy access to nearby activities and sought-after Orland attractions. It is a great place for guests of all ages! Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
Cayey, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I received more than expected i always stay in other good suite type hotel so i was afraid for a change but as soon i arrived i was comfortable and when i arrived to the hotel room i was like wow!! i made 2 request and they satisfied both of them and then i had a small complaint with my bed and they did everything to make me feel good and they did fast... the hotel is very clea outside and inside, im going to stay with them in october again for almost the sames numbers of days 15.

Room Tip: looking by the pool and higher room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elvin75
Decatur, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great place. Rooms clean and service nice. Kid friendly as well. Great experience for my first trip with my kids to Orlando. This 2 bedroom hotel was huge and very spacious. The pool had lots of room and the kids had more than enough time to swim.

Room Tip: If you stay in the 2 bedroom hotel. It's just like home.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Melinda L
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had an amazing stay here. We stayed in the 2 bedroom unit and absolutely loved it! The unit had everything we needed and was very clean! I liked this much better than any luxury hotel room that we've ever stayed in. I highly recommend it and will be returning.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is very roomy and works out wonderful for a family with children.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa F
Diamond R, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
We are thrilled to read of how much you enjoyed your recent stay here at The Grande Villas Resort. Our resort is always proud to hear we have managed to exceed our guest’s expectations, and we appreciate you taking the time to post such kind remarks as your recommendation means a lot to us! We look forward to being able to accommodate you again in the near future.