“Stayed here many times”

Grande Villas Resort
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here many times when this resort was part of Cypress Pointe (phase 2). It is now a Diamond Resort, but nothing has really changed except a different check in bldg. We booked through Booking.com and told them we would arrive at about 1:00 am. They assured me someone would be there to check us in, and we had no problems. The man working the counter was very polite and friendly. Our unit was a little worn, and lacked quite a few cooking utensils that used to be there when it was run by Cypress Pointe. Other that that everything worked properly. I read many other reviews,and many people commented that they just refurbished all the units. Ours had definitely not been done, carpet seam unraveling, holes in countertop surface. I received a phone call from Diamond rep. a few days before we arrived and I told her I was not interested in timeshare, so they probably gave us a room that had not been redone. Otherwise it was very relaxing, close to Disney, and I would stay there again. People mentioned booking on Expedia and Groupon so I would check there too.

Room Tip: If they call you before your trip and ask if you would like to attend the timeshare presentation, te...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1Travelerfrom
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

We assure you that we do not take into account whether our guests are interested in the product we offer whilst checking them in; rooms are allocated on a first come first served basis, with consideration for any special requests noted on the reservations.
We assure that we would love to offer updated apartments to all guests at all times, yet this is simply not possible due to availability limitations, yet due to our ongoing refurbishment program this should not be an issue for much longer. We apologise if you experienced any inconvenience due to this, we would like to note that we do believe that all our apartments are suitable for guest occupation, however. It appears, nevertheless, that you had an overall enjoyable stay and we hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at the Grande Villas Resort from March 30 thru April 4th. I was extremely disappointed with my rooms and the management at this resort. My family and I booked 2 one bedroom rooms because there weren't any 2 or 3 bedrooms available. When we checked in only 1 room was available. The second room was not available until 8pm my check in time was 4pm. I had to call repeatedly to inquire when the room would be available. No one at the front office could tell me when it would be available. I was just told repairs needed to be made which was not very encouraging. Finally, after my 4th call I was told it was ready and they finally brought me a key. I received no apology or any consideration for the 4 hour delay in checking in. The rooms were disappointing and smelled musty. The first time one of my children went to use the bathroom it overflowed and I had to call the front office again. I asked to be given the 4 hours I had lost by checking out late on my last day and had to fight with the supervisor about this. She finally allowed be to check out a little later than usual but again no apology or concern about any of my complaints. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend this resort to anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RosaG839
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay and terribly regret how unsatisfactory the experience was for you. At the Grande Villas Resort, ensuring guest satisfaction is always top priority and what you experienced is not typical of our service standards. Easter weekend was eventful, and we regret that an unexpected maintenance issue caused your check-in to be delayed. As the resort was full to capacity, we were unable to reassign your unit. Our maintenance team worked hard to ready the unit as quickly as possible. Additionally, we apologize that unit amenities did not meet your expectations upon entering and thank you for quickly notifying us of your service request. While we are happy to offer you the convenience of a late checkout whenever possible, we apologize if we could not fully meet your needs. We hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to make a better impression on you in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very nice stay. The check-in was very smooth - and this was the Friday before Easter, the hotel was packed. We had a third floor, 2 bedroom room. Nice balcony, very spacious room for 4 adults and two children.

The pool area is very nice - deepest is 5 feet so its not too deep for littler kids. Yes, unfortunately you will have the parents that fail to watch their kids but that would not be the hotel's fault as much as it is poor parenting.

Good size kitchen. The kids really liked he free miniature golf. One nice feature is a little deli on site so you can get a pizza, a sandwich or some drinks - reasonable prices too.

Very close to Downtown Disney, outlet mall and Disney itself. If you have a family, I would recommend this hotel.

4  Thank teddyballgame16
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My four year old daughter and I spent the first half of our Florida trip at the Grande Villas in Orlando, and it was definitely the best part of our vacation. Although the studio was tiny, the big, sunken tub made up for it:) My daughter was in heaven swimming around in it. There was so much to do on the resort grounds, too! We loved the pools, playgrounds, kiddie pools, mini golf. I probably could have saved myself 180$ and skipped Disney for the day (not really, that was a magical experience, too) the store by the turtle pool was very convenient. The only downside was when my daughter slipped on the two inches of suds covering the floor of the mini mart by tr pool, bruising her elbow and sustaining md chemical burns. However, concierge sent security to file a report promptly when I brought it to their attention. The room was clean, nicely decorated, the grounds were well maintained, and the price was great!! Much better than the next hotel we went to when we finished our trip in st. Pete.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Melanie1080
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had 3 adults and 1 Child in our party and wanted some space for everyone. We rented the 2 bedroom condo thru Expedia at what we thought was a very good rate. We had a late checkin and it went very smoothly. Security helped us with our bags to our room. We had Parrot Cay(across from the whale pool) building 4 ground level. One king bed and huge main bathroom and two twin beds with seperate bathroom. Full Kitchen and laundry (which was great). Everything worked and was clean. Beds were very comfortable, and there was extra pillows and blankets. Lots of closet and storage space in condo.

Location is in a quiet area of Lake Buena Vista and within walking distance of Winn Dixie grocery store and Liquor store. Close to Joe's Crab Shack, Chilis and Sizzler restaurants.Convenience store onsite had a good variety of stuff to get you started and prices were not too crazy.

WE did not rent a car instead we relied on taxis, average one way prices was 10.00 to downtown disney to 30.00 Magic Kingdom and universal studios, we used the yellow checkered Mears Cabs as they could get you to the main entrance in Disney World. They have a shuttle service at the resort but we did not use it.

Housekeeping came in once in our 10 night stay which we didn't mind at all. There was a vaccum and dustpan and broom if needed. We played a couple of rounds of miniature golf and there seemed to be lots of different activities around the pool areas. 2 T.V.'s in the condo and quite a few channel choices. We enjoyed sitting out on the covered patio in the morning and night. pools were open until 11:00 pm and there was a nice big hottub in the whale pool area.No wireless internet but we used the computers in the main check in area.

All the staff we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. The dishwasher plugged up and we called maintenance and they had it fixed within the hour.

I would recommend this resort to friends and family and I would stay here again if we go to this area again.

7  Thank djnitz

Your recommendation is the best compliment we could ask for - thank you for your words of appreciation! We are grateful to you for sharing all the useful location tips with your fellow travellers and our future guests! We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We landed this resort for $66 per night on Hotwire. Our reservation was for a "studio" suite which was actually a 1-bedroom unit with a pullout couch in the living room. The rooms themselves are quite small. The bedroom was just big enough for a king bed, night stands and a dresser with a flat screen TV. The living room was barely big enough to open up the sofa bed without blocking the entry door. Actually, the bathroom was the most open and spacious room in the suite. Overall it was a tight fit for two adults and one child, but It hardly mattered since we didn't do much in our suite except sleep. The resort itself has heated pools, a jacuzzi, mini-golf, playground, a convenience store/pizza shop and lots of planned activities. We did manage to soak up ample time in the pool area. Our 4-year old especially loved the children's pool which was barely 2 feet deep. Frankly, she enjoyed it more than Disney World. Grande Villas is in a great location just a couple of miles from Disney property. It took us about 15-20 minutes to drive to the parks in normal traffic. We were never subjected to any time share presentation, nor were we invited to one. It's possible that they might have called us at 9am, but we were long gone by then each morning. I've stayed in bigger and nicer resorts, but for 66 bucks a night this one was a great deal.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank apagano
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for such a positive review - we are glad that you had an enjoyable time here with us and we hope to see you back soon for another great stay!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My Wife and I have nothing but good things to say. The condo was excellent, the living area could be a little quieter. The suite itself was very clean with a large balcony facing one of two the pools with grounds & pool areas very well kept. The staff made this stay very enjoyable, all of them always smiling, always very polite - we would go back any time!!

Room Tip: Well located near Disney and Universal. Centrally to all attractions.
4  Thank Citizenbrock