“Great location right near everything”

Grande Villas Resort
“Great location right near everything”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Disney and seaworld resorts 10 mins away. Tons of activities on property. Will be back.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank jasonsF6157MS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Korean first
South Jersey
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom in June 2012. The weather left a lot to be desired thanks to Tropical Storm Debby however we had a pleasant stay anyway. The villa was very clean and spacious with screened in porches and flat screen HD TVs in the family room and master bedroom (regular TV in 2nd bedroom). There are two pool complexes on property and one across the street at Cypress Pointe in which you have access. They are currently constructing the reception area on property so for the summer it might get a little noisy and messy around the property. There is a convenience store right by one of the pool complexes and restaurants and drug stores are a very short drive away. You are literally 5 minutes from Disney property if that matters to you. You have to check in at the Cypress Pointe reception area but once the Grande Villas reception area is done, I'm not sure if there will be any shared amenities since the Grande Villas are now owned by Diamond Resorts. I wholeheartedly recommend this property to anyone staying in the Orlando area!!

7 Thank divadwo
Oldham
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I spent some time deciding on Cypress Pointe. Not whether to book the place, but the detail. Should it be Phase I or Phase II? Which part of the resort do the reviewers on here mean? Is there a difference? Which units are refurbished?

So for clarity, this is a review about Phase II, Cypress Pointe Grande Villas, run by Diamond Resorts. And we stayed in block G (one of the pink ones), room 53A.

I chose this mainly for its location. It's just off the SR535, and although traffic is busy around junction 68 of the interstate, we experienced no delays using that route to the theme parks (I did try the Hotel Plaza Boulevard route once and found it much slower). It's close enough to envisage coming back to Cypress Pointe for an afternoon break. It is also within walking distance - mind the bullfrogs! - to many eating places, which allowed me to have a drink with my meal. You could also walk to the Winn-Dixie supermarket off Lake Road. It's a nice quiet location and despite the amount of accommodation in the area, almost traffic free.

All arrivals, for the time being at least, are received in the Phase I clubhouse on Treasure Cay Lane, but the Phase II reception situated between Vinning Way and Terrace Ridge Drive was well under construction, so this will change shortly. Simple check-in at a separate desk to the right hand side of the foyer; my request for a top floor room had been received; and I declined the (timeshare) invitation to a presentation. No further sales attempts were made. Checkout a week later was even quicker.

We arrived on Memorial Day weekend and it was noticeably busier than later on in the week. Reception had given me a car parking "permit", but there was no problem finding a parking bay close to our accommodation. There's an elevator for each block and our room was close by, but we experienced no noise.

We had a two bed condo for me and my daughter, so we had plenty of room. Four people would be easily accommodated, but you'd be putting the dishwasher on every day if there were six of you! The housekeeping had done an excellent job and the all-important first impression lasted all week.

Simply, we struggled to find anything which was missing from the inventory (OK, there weren't any egg cups or shower caps). My daughter's priority, a hairdryer, was provided, something I hadn't been able to confirm from my internet research pre-trip. Almost all the kitchen machinery appeared to be new and of high quality. The kettle was the stove top whistling variety which was a touch nostalgic, and kitchen, bathroom, laundry and utility supplies were plentiful. The breakfast bar was handy as the sparkling dining room tabletop was made of glass and we felt too guilty to actually eat on it...

The main bathroom had a whirlpool bath and a sizeable walk-in shower. There was plenty of storage including walk-in wardrobes. There's an individual controller for the apartment air conditioning which was silent in operation, but ceiling fans in every room keep us cool at night. Nice bedlinen and comfy beds, although long days at theme parks mean you will sleep whatever.

Outside, there were two good-sized pools (max depth 5ft) and a (very) hot tub just outside our block, none of which were remotely busy during our stay. Plenty of loungers, and the safe layout was particularly good for children. There's also a 9-hole crazy golf course, with plenty of clubs etc. I'm relieved to report that despite all the confident threats, my daughter failed to humiliate me once. There was also a surprisingly well-equipped shop between the two pools which also doubled as a pizza takeaway/delivery. Over in phase I, we visited the volcano pool which has some small water slides suitable for the under-12s.

Is there anything to complain about? Well, it's absurd that you are expected to pay for Wifi. And one morning I was woken up by the construction site traffic. But I'm being pedantic - this is a superb place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
16 Thank SaddleworthSaint
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at the Grande Villas in June of 2012. We really enjoyed our stay. The place was very clean and the King side bed was very comfortable. The kids really enjoed the three pools at the resort and spent a couple hours a day playing at the pools. I would stay here again in the future.

Gainesville, FL
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family of four received a two bedroom condo at Grande Villas for three nights as a gift from some family members and we enjoyed every minute of it. We have annual passes to Aquatica so we didn't get to use the resort as much as we could have but what we did use of it was wonderful. We particularly enjoyed the minitaure golf. This property is super close to Downtown Disney and if you take the back roads (I forget which ones we took) it literally only takes you five minutes to get to Aquatica/Sea World. There are plenty of restuarants near by and a Winn Dixie is only a couple of blocks away. The rooms were spotless! Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

2 Thank gia2009
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been going to hotels all around florida for years but his property was first class. I am used to rooms with basic amenities as we like to eat out. This time we were surprised to find all equipment and utilities in house. This time we enjoyed having breakfast or lunch in the apartment and eating out at night. it made a change from the usual buffets and stodge. Pools were great and entertainment if you wanted. Actually thought about timeshare for a moment but couldn't justify. We only had a 1 bed apt. and lounge area quite small but bedroom and bathroom good size. saw 2 bedroom apts and lounge area massive. Loved this property and walking distance from restaurants and pubs. Beats international drive. Would recommend a car as central for vitually all orlando attractions and malls as long as you know shortcuts and back roads.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family