“Great place, but read carefully”

Lakeview Wyndham LBV
Ranked #931 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
“Great place, but read carefully”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

First off, I want to say that I'm a 26 year old male who has no kids and went to Disney world and universal with my girlfriend. Now... The review...

If you're not staying in a Disney resort, then you should stay here. It is right across the street from downtown Disney and across the street from Benihana (inside the Hilton). Plus the shuttle runs every 30 min to the park for free.

The decor is about what you'd expect for the price. Nothing fancy but certainly very comfortable and inviting.

Now here's where it gets a little weird. There are two wings to this hotel: the tower and whatever the other one is called. The tower is more hotel style... Hallway accessible doors, 19 floors, great views , etc. The rooms also are also noticeably nicer. The non-tower rooms are more of a roadside type of motel where the rooms are outdoor accessible, and the rooms are very basic. They're not terrible, but this isn't my first trip to Disney world and I've stayed at cheaper places in the area for nicer amenities.

Where this place really excelled in my opinion was the customer service. We somehow ended up in a handicap accessible non-tower room. When we got in, it was about 55 degrees outside and equally cold in the room. Unfortunately, the heater was broken. On top of that, there was hair in the shower and no where to hang our clothes (again... Handicap accessible room so I'm guessing this is why). Anyway, the next morning after our first night, my girlfriend called and tried to get a robe sent up so that she wasn't freezing while she was getting ready. I told them our heater was broken and we were immediately transferred to a manager without even having to ask. A robe and service request were immediately delivered. On top of that, when we went down to talk about moving to a different room, we were helped by a guy names Justin, who was awesome! He told us that he couldn't move us for another day, but that we could come talk to him the next morning and he'd take care of it. Well he did. Not only did he get us moved but he placed us in a park view room in the tower. Way more than we asked for, which is the epitome of customer service.

All in all, I'd stay here again and recommend it to any of my friends. Thank you Wyndham for making this a great experience.

Orange City, Florida
“stayed at the hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good fresh food on breakfast buffet. Character breakfast was over rated. Would eat there again if staying in the hotel.

• Visited October 2012
Ocean View, Delaware
“Great Fun”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The kids really liked the Character Breakfast. The food was good and we took many photos. The hotel offers this every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Visited November 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota, United States
“Character Breakfast”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food was great. Not very crowded. Nice decor. Adqueate time with Goofy and Pluto. Excellent service provided by Angela and Jaszmine!

• Visited July 2012
US
“Character Breakfast”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The restaurant was not crowded so the characters- Goofy and Pluto- spent a long amount of time with our table. Very special character time.
Good cook to order station available too.

Visited September 2012