“Monumental Hotel”

American Ghost Adventures
Ranked #7 of 121 Tours in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: In the shadows of the theme park castles lies American Ghost Adventures. The company has been doing tours for over a decade in Central Florida. This Interactive attraction is OPEN ALL YEAR AROUND. AGA prides themselves in giving their customers an accurate, but entertaining tour. No two tours are ever alike and the guides have several routes to choose from! AGA is currently ranked one of the TOP 10 GHOST TOURS IN THE WORLD and one of the top 5 ghost tours in the United States. All two- hour tours are considered sample tours. You will get 2 hours of history, ghost stories, and equipment to go ghost hunting INSIDE haunted buildings. Equipment rental is provided and included in your ticket price. We have several different locations and different types of tours but our 2 hour downtown Orlando tour runs nightly. Ghost sightings cannot be guaranteed & we are NOT A haunted house attraction. Tours are appropriate for all ages. RSVP required - americanghostadventures.com for more information.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

The look of the outside of the monumental hotel seemed more haunted than the inside. Not much activity on Saturday night. It was something different to do and the "ghost equipment" was easy to operate (flashlights and energy sensors). We had no ghost encounters. The host was friendly, on time and did his best to "conjure" spirits to come out and play.

2  Thank MrSudbury
Thinh R, Owner at American Ghost Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2014

Mr. Sudbury, thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry that you didn't get the level of paranormal activity you were looking for. As always, we are dealing with real spirits and can't control when they want to interact with us. I thank you for acknowledging your guide's efforts and professionalism. We hope you will give it another try and we will see you on another adventure.

All reviews
"spooky fun"
"pub tour"
"haunted locations"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 10 reviews
"interesting stories"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed December 4, 2014

Our visit was on December 3rd, 2014
Well, let me start by saying that I was VERY nervous about going on this tour!! My husband is way more adventurous about these types of things whereas I am more nervous and cautious about it. BUT apparently the ghosts really took a liking to me and would communicate more effectively with me, The tour guide was asking them to turn on a flash light (nothing was happening) when I asked if they wanted to talk to me to turn it on and ON IT WENT! I was soooo surprised (kinda freaked out too). On this tour I was touched and heard a disembodied voice whisper to both my husband and I. I guess we had so much activity because it was just the tour guide my husband and I, BUT WE HAD THE COOLEST EXPERIENCES EVER! Our tour guide was the best and really helped us understand the history of haunted Orlando! I will try some of their other tours in the future.

Thinh R, Owner at American Ghost Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2014

We are so happy that you FINALLY got your first paranormal experience!!!! That is really exciting and thank you for sharing your honeymoon vacation with us. MiChel is an experience guide and is a ghost magnet so it worked out well. We look forward to your next visit to Orlando and we would love to host you guys again!

Reviewed November 16, 2014 via mobile

I visited church street a lot when I was a kid... seeing it this way made me sad... but, if you never did, the feeling could be different.

Reviewed November 10, 2014

Visited Orlando for 2 1/2 weeks in October to check out their Halloween events. Came across American Ghost Adventures through a Google search and decided to check out a downtown tour. From the initial phone call to book our event, they were kind, accommodating and very professional. Our first tour was through downtown Orlando with Ting and Kevin. They not only were very pleasant but professional yet laid back (in a good way!). They encouraged our participation throughout the investigation, which I thought was great! Although we had a fairly decent sized group, they spoke with everyone and helped along the way. We encountered EMF spikes, cold spots and quite a few flash light manipulations. Our second tour was a little more intimate at the Monumental Hotel. Our host, Lester, was great! There were only 3 of us this night, so we were able to speak with the spirits in a more intimate setting. Both experiences were out of this world. I can not wait to visit again in May when I hope to book at least one more investigation with these folks. They were absolutely phenomenal people, & this was by far the best tour we've ever been on. Way to go Ting!

1  Thank xoxocharismaxox

Thank you so much for the great review. We greatly appreciate it! It's people like you that makes us enjoy our job! Thank you for spending your vacation with us and we are truly happy that you enjoyed yourself. We'll see you again on another adventure!