“Very nice resort. Quiet and restful.”

Wyndham Cypress Palms
Ranked #152 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
PA
“Very nice resort. Quiet and restful.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We are Wyndham owners so we used our points to trade in to this resort. The one bedroom deluxe suite has a nice, full kitchen and a king size bed. The room was clean and did not smell funny. The walk in shower was delightful. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. You only get 2 devices free on the wifi, and all others are $3/day so keep that in mind if you have a lot of technology. Bed was comfortable and the room's amenities all worked. I liked that the balconies were screened in to keep out bugs. It made the area much more pleasant to use.

I was, however, a little dismayed by the lack of security. There is no security gate that you have to pass through to enter the property and no guard on duty. We didn’t even see security making any kinds of rounds. That doesn’t mean that there weren’t any, it means that we didn’t SEE them. This bothered me because anyone could drive onto the grounds without having to pass through any kind of screening to make sure that person had a reason to be there.

There were also little things that we found lacking. The elevator was very slow. So was the Wi-Fi. The grounds and buildings needed spruced up. Dirt tracked into the elevator of Building 3 stayed there for days. It was finally cleaned up on the day before we checked out.

That isn’t to say that the place isn’t perfectly fine. For what we needed and wanted, it was excellent. It was quiet and restful. There were other guests, but we did not hear them, and they did not bother us. The pool and hot tub were very nice, and the spa temperature was perfect. We had no serious complaints about any of the resorts accommodations or amenities.

Wyndham Cypress Palms is a fine resort. I would stay here again if it was one of my options.

4 Thank isilwath
Cypress Palms W, Manager at Wyndham Cypress Palms, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Greetings from Cypress Palms! :)

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. In regards to security, we do have 24 hour security here with set touch points on property for their rounds. Safety is our utmost prirority here at Cypress Palms and if you would like to discuss further, please do not hestitate to contact me.

Thank you again for your comments and hope to have you back soon!
Elizabeth.Hebeler@wyn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Finnish first
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We just returned from a two week stay at this resort and have nothing but wonderful things to say about this place. I have to admit that I was feeling anxious prior to our arrival after reading some negative reviews, but it turns out we had absolutely nothing to be worried about and I honestly don't know what it takes to make people happy. We have stayed at various resorts within the Orlando area and we really enjoyed this hotel.
First of all, check in was quick and I found the staff be friendly and accommodating. They send you to a desk to pick up your parking pass, where the get the whole timeshare sell, but after politely telling the rep no thank you and that I was not interested in signing up for the 'free breakfast', she was respectful and did not push any further. I really appreciated this as I always absolutely dread the aggressive timeshare sell, and I was pleasantly surprised that I was not hounded any further during our stay.
We stayed in a renovated 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite and it was lovely. Very spacious, clean and modern. The full kitchen was well supplied. We had an issue with our fridge the second week, which started rattling and was no longer keeping our food very cool. We called the front desk about it in the morning and when we returned from Disney at the end of the day, the problem was fixed with no further issues. Cleaning service was only once a week but we were fine with that for the most part. We had plenty of towels and supplies to last us the week. I would have preferred the unit to be cleaned perhaps twice a week, as the floors can get a bit dirty after a few days of returning from pools and water parks etc., but it was manageable.
Our unit was in building 1 and close to the pool and activity centre. We never had any issues with noise late at night. There was also a nice little playground and BBQ's spread throughout the property. Yes, the pools and activity centre were a bit smaller when compared with other large resorts in the area, but this is not a massive resort and personally, I liked that this resort was smaller and quieter. We spent most of our time at the Disney parks and water parks anyways, but we had no issues with the pool when we were relaxing at the resort. We never found the pool to be overly crowded and really, kids enjoy swimming in any pool when they are on vacation. There was also a second pool on the property that seemed to be quieter. The activity centre had a little play area for smaller children and an area for older children to hang out and colour or play board games. There was also an arcade but we never used it.
We found the grounds to be lush and well maintained. We were often unable to get a close parking spot when we returned to the resort late at night from the parks, but the overflow parking lot was a short walk away and no big deal. We've stayed at huge resorts such as the Sheraton Vistana Villages and had to park and walk much further away from our unit at the end of the day compared to this resort.
Overall, I thought that was a lovely property and perfect for our family vacation. The accommodations were great and the staff were friendly and addressed any issues we had. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Stephanie L
Cypress Palms W, Manager at Wyndham Cypress Palms, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Greetings from Cypress Palms Stephanie!

Thank you very much for your comments and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here. We do hope that you and your family will come back and visit us soon!

Have a wonderful day,

Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay on closer to the parks thought I give Wyndham vacation resort a try .. WOW NICE !!! From the room to the grounds,pool etc all first rate and the staff at check in were just fantastic I highly recommend!! kudos to Wyndham and the staff at this location

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank mda1701
Greetings from Cypress Palms!

Thank you for your comment and for staying with us. We love that our resort is so close to the parks, yet tucked away with nature. We hope to host you and your family again in the future.

Have a great day,

Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks and it was wonderful. I am astonished that there are any negative reviews of this place. Our stay was excellent. Check-in was very easy but it did take about 15 minutes since we talked to several people about different things including a time share presentation. We did go to the sales presentation at Bonny Creek and it did take longer than expected but we did get a free week stay at any of their resorts so it was worth it. The time share sales people were a little aggressive but nothing over the top so it wasn't too big of a deal.

We had a 1 bedroom condo and it was beautiful. The kitchen was fabulous with nice cabinets, an island, and beautiful granite countertops. There was also a nice breakfast bar with barstools.There was a stackable washer and dryer off the kitchen which came in handy during our stay. The bathroom was a bit small but more than adequate with a toilet, sink with a vanity, and shower. The shower was a bit tight but it wasn't a big problem. The dressing area had a nice jacuzzi tub and huge vanity. The bedroom was a great size with a nice king size bed. There was a tv in the bedroom which was also nice so that we could relax and still watch tv before bed. The living area had a sofabed, 2 arm chairs, a tv with a DVD player, and a tv stand. The dinning are was small but fit a nice table and 4 chairs. The condo overall was spacious and plenty big enough for my husband and I. We actually joked around saying that we cold live there and be happy.

We stayed in building 1 on the 3rd floor so we were close to the pool, activity center, and gym. The activity center had activities every day but we did not participate in any of them. The activity center had games and books that you could rent out which was nice. There are 2 pools but we only went to the one by our building. The pool area was nice with a nice size pool, jacuzzi, and plenty of tables and chairs. The pool was crowded mostly during the day so we always went at night which was perfect for us since we wanted to do other things during the day anyways. There was also a grill right outside of the pool which guests could grill on. The staff would light it and clean up afterwards which was really nice. The gym had some nice equipment but we never utilized the facility.

The staff was great. Everyone we encountered on staff was very nice and professional. The staff was always willing to help with any of our concerns. We did have a problem with our dryer and we reported before we went out to breakfast and by the time we got back it was fixed.

My only complaints are that I did not find the mattress/pillows comfortable. The first 4 nights I did not sleep well and woke up every day with an achy back and neck. I went out and bought a pillow just like the pillows I have at home and used it instead of their pillows. I slept fine after that and did not have any more back and neck pain in the mornings. Also the location is nice but it would have been better if it was actually in Orlando and not Kissimmee. Parking was a bit difficult if you got back later in the evening since all the spots close to the building were taken so we had to park across the street in the other lot but it wasn't that far away.

I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting the Orlando area. If we come back to the area we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chickiebabie
Amy W, General Manager at Wyndham Cypress Palms, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Amy Walley
Amy.walley@wyn.com
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We have just returned this weekend from a three week stay at this resort. We had a lovely stay we were in block 13 in room 471 on the top floor, it overlooked the lake and we could also see the pool but far enough away so it was not at all noisy. I found my dealings with the Reception staff to be very helpful and most polite. We never had a problem with getting a sun bed. I enjoyed feeding the ducks and the fish and turtles in the lake. The resort is close enough to many restaurants that you can walk to, I would recommend Longhouse Steakhouse and Chillis we had nice meals in both establishments. The apartment was a refurbished room and had everything you would require , the only thing I would mention is that the items in the cupboards are very hard to get to, unless you are 6ft it did not cause me a problem as once I had the dishes down I just left them on the counter, it had nice granite tops and everything was in good condition. The cleaning staff made sure the apartment was cleaned once a week to a good standard.
I have only one negative and that is that the resort could do with putting up signs around the pool to say no smoking, as some people do not appear to understand this is a no smoking area and continue to smoke, and I do not feel that I should have to police this and cause an argument with someone on holiday, I had to move my sunbed on a couple of occasions rather than do this.
Security did approach people and tell them they could not smoke within this area but they are not there all the time.

I would without hesitation recommend and return to this resort

3 Thank ucxh20
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your unit and the pool. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Amy W
Amy.walley@wyn.com
Quispamsis, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We are still at this resort and have stayed here before. Perfect is what we think. We did a presentation at Bonnet Creek and it was beautiful but busy and not cozy. It was more like a highend hotel and a little to formal for a relaxing stay.
We have no complaints this visit or the two previous visits. Units are spacious and clean. Staff is helpful and pleasant. Parking please will it killl you to walk 10 feet. Mattress is super comfortable. Handy to everything but get a car. We have had mostly the renovated rooms but the older decor was very pleasant and I liked the colors better but not a negative. If you don't like it here you are hard to please or else you need to go to the manager and have them fix what is wrong as this is a great well run resort. I do get tired of the praise regarding Bonnet Creek. Not the same kind of holiday as there you better dress up and put on your makeup at all times. Relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: We like to be over the pool but I would not want to be next to elevator from what I read in the revi...
3 Thank lrdono
Cypress Palms W, Manager at Wyndham Cypress Palms, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Greetings from Cypress Palms!

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your comments and we hope that you come back to Cypress again soon.

Bristol, Indiana
Reviewed May 3, 2014

If you get a good deal on this resort, snatch it up. It's definitely in a good location and for the most part is clean and well maintained. We are currently staying here in a 2 bedroom suite. It is VERY spacious. We loved having two bathrooms, a full kitchen and washer and dryer. It saved us a lot of money from having to eat out or visit a laundromat during our 8 days in Florida. We love the view from our room and how nice the staff is.

That being said, there are just a few things to take note of... for some reason, the carpet in our room was very, very dirty. It doesn't really look dirty, nor does it have a smell or anything like that. It just really needs cleaned. The first night we were here, we gave our kids their baths and then realized shortly after that their feet were filthy from running around on the carpet. I would suggest to the resort that they shampoo or steam clean the carpet more often.

Second, we arrived here in the evening to check in after an 18 hour drive from Indiana. My husband was stuck listening to a little time share sales pitch for at least 30 minutes. It was frustrating because we were SO tired. We have two very young children who were crying in the car (with me) while he was inside trying to check in. Had I realized they were doing their little sales pitch, I would have walked inside and grabbed him by the arm and yanked him outta there (ha!). Our room was already paid for well in advance and I would prefer for them to use some common sense and not try to sell us a timeshare when they knew we were checking in late at night. On the other hand, I was glad that when they called our room a few times to see if we'd like to attend a longer timeshare presentation, they took no for an answer pretty easily. That was a pleasant surprise. The staff was extremely nice.

Parking is kind of hit or miss. Sometimes we have to walk a little while to get back to our room, but a little exercise never hurt anyone.

We actually wanted to stay a day or two longer, but unfortunately they weren't able to offer us a good deal so we're going to stay elsewhere. The price for two additional nights is close to what we paid for 7 nights, and we can't justify the expense.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again if we got another great deal on it and we may again in the future. It's so close to everything, yet it's in a quiet little area and we could even see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our room sometimes. Stay here, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in a 2 bedroom suite. We had a nice view of the pond and really loved it...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank indianagirl574
Cypress Palms W, Manager at Wyndham Cypress Palms, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Greetings from Cypress Palms!

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that the unit location and amenities worked well for your family and I do apologize about the minor issues you experienced. I have followed up with our team regarding them.

I do hope that you and your family come back again soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me next time you stay with us.

Have a great day,
Elizabeth.Hebeler@wyn.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Blue Heron Beach Resort
Legacy Vacation Resorts
Legacy Vacation Resorts
#13 of 62 in Kissimmee
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista

Been to Wyndham Cypress Palms? Share your experiences!