“Wonderful Vacation Trip”

Wyndham Cypress Palms
Ranked #155 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Booked a two BR Lock-off at the last minute and the resort did an excellent job of assisting in handling my needs with a electric scooter. All the staff we came in contact with was very friendly and professional, never missed a greeting or how can we help you. Our rooms were very clean, well stocked and extremely comfortable. A 2 BR Lock-off gave us the advantage of having two Master BR, 1 full kitchen & 1 galley (but complete) kitchen, 2 W/D, etc. With 4 kids 6 -15 (two teenage girls) this became a great asset. Resort does not have as many fancy amentities as the larger Wyndhams in the area i.e. no lazy river, tennis or mini golf, But does have two pools, hot tubs, a large playground, several excellent gas grills and an awesome Actvities Staff.

We had no plans to do the Main Theme Parks and found lots of smaller amusements parks, Fun Zone, Old Town, Downtown Disney, The M&M Store in the Florida Mall, etc. and had a blast with out the lines and about 1/3 the price.

Room Tip: Elevators are in everyother building, so call ahead if you have accessabiity needs. The staff will...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank John K

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I brought my daughter here on an RCI exchange for a nice little summer trip. We checked into our 2 Bedroom Deluxe on Friday. At first the bldg elevator set-up was a bit frustrating because they don't have one for each bldg. We were in bldg 6-6328 which is very nice and spacious especially for 2 people and I think it could accommodate up to 8 still very comfortably. We did not get the most updated unit this time, however it was still nicely furnished and showed little wear. I must admit the dating of the furniture made lil difference in the appearance of the unit and their wi-if was great and worked fine. As far as amenities go they had 2 nice pools of average size, but I just wonder what the crowding effect would have on them since they were rather small in my opinion. We are really used to massive pools in a resort of this size and neither of these had a zero-entry for small children. There were no activities at the pool like we are used to, but it also rained for quite a bit of our stay so that may be the reason. The activities center was quaint, but nothing special. They have a small game room, a bookshelf and some movies you can choose from. All the the other activities had a small fee which we did not participate in. The property is very well kept and ducks roam the grounds freely, however the resort is tucked behind the main road behind a CVS and some other stores it could be easily missed and there is NO secured entrance which I found to be a bit odd. Anyone can just wonder onto the property at will which that thought can be a lil unnerving. The property is right off the 192 close to many shops and restaurants and not too far from Disney or SeaWorld. If you are looking for a nice quiet resort with nice pool for swimming then this could be it but I don't think we will be staying at this particular Wyndham Resort again not because of an unpleasant experience, but because there many other properties in Orlando we can explore where the activities are a little more engaging...especially for a 7yr old.

Pictures to come soon!!

Room Tip: I believe any bldg you get there will be no issue reaching the pool.
2  Thank joinkb
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our first time at this resort. We completely enjoyed it. Every area of the resort was clean and attractive. Our room was beautiful, comfortable, and relaxing. Their Wi-Fi worked good until a storm passed by. They had it fixed first thing in the AM. The people that work here, will do whatever it takes to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The only negative thing I would mention is they could have a smoking area by the pool. I love my cigars. But I do love this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BillC383
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We just returned from a week at Cypress Palms Wyndham Resort. We had a nice week staying at Cypress Palms. The room was spotless and smelled nice and clean when we arrived. The unit was large (one bedroom deluxe) with granite countertops and 2 flat screened tvs. We loved the screened in porch to sit and have coffee in the mornings. We were there for a conference at Disney for the week and it was very easy and quick getting to the park. We are owners at Bonnet Creek, but thought we would try Cypress Palms for a change. The units were bigger and just as nice as Bonnet Creek. We were on the ground floor and close to the pools. It was very quiet in this unit. We would stay here again. Check-in was quick and the people were very helpful and friendly!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were quiet and the screened in porch had a garden feel. Building 3 was close to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank lovestotravel54
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was our second stay at this resort. It is close enough to the major attractions (15 minutes) yet far enough away that there was good relaxation time as well. Property contains more the villa style units with smaller buildings. Unit was clean except for the floor, which seemed had not been mopped for a while, and it was well equipped with all the dishes a family would need to prepare meals in the room. It was also very close to many restaurants. The pools were a favorite for my son and I enjoyed the 80s music played there. The activity center could have offered a little more - with people at amusement parks all day, it would be nice if they were open until at least 9 p.m. vice 8 p.m. I'd recommend this resort for families.

1  Thank gr8day4sun
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed for a week and it was very nice. The rooms are big and clean. Our room had a washer and dryer so we did not get maid service, but that was okay. The rooms are in a separate building from the lobby, so it was nice to be left alone and not having to drag every thing through the lobby everyday and it is quiet. Nice location with many restaurants around and only about 15 minutes away from Disney World. Outlets, Walmart and Target are all only about 5 minutes away.

2  Thank N_Yates14
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a great stay here at Cypress Palms. Check in was easy and we had a great room. I enjoyed all the activities they had going on so when we didn't go to the parks we had fun at the condo. Pool was great a little crowded for me but my son and his friend really enjoyed playing with all the other kids at the pool and making new friends.
The only problem I had was that we stayed for two weeks in the same room with no towel change or linen change. If they didn't have a washer to wash items I would have been disgusted by this. Nice and Quiet, I will stay there again in I ever go back to the area. A lot of Good places to eat within walking distance but Had to drive to all the Amusement Parks and Parking is not cheap at these resorts. So make sure to calculate that into your already stretched budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aperdygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Blue Heron Beach Resort
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#22 of 154 in Kissimmee
Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista

Been to Wyndham Cypress Palms? Share your experiences!