“Great Service, but facility needs a little TLC”

Wyndham Cypress Palms
Ranked #147 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We booked a 1 bedroom with a partial kitchen through Armed Forces Vacation Club. First of all, let me say that the service was outstanding as we have always experienced with Wyndham. The unit is very small which would be ok for 2 people, but the unit is in need of refurbishing. They first booked us into a handicapped unit, so we had to request a change. The 1 bedroom with a partial kitchen has the only windows on a walk way, so there is no privacy. If you have a choice to book another place, do so and pass on the 1 bedroom with partial kitchen.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelGrandma10

Reviewed February 13, 2013

A very good place to relax, exercise, swim, shop, visit the attractions, or anything you like. The staff is informative and helpful. Our unit's common area is very large. Most Kissimmee resorts are located within an easy drive to many attractions, and so is this one. Old Town is a little more than a mile away. Kristy Kream :-) and several restaurants are right out front, Orlando is a thirty minute drive away, and there are many scheduled events here at the resort. This is a nice place in a nice location.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit with a full kitchen if you need more space.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Porge1946
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was a vacation planned around my grandchildren and this accomadations were wonderful!
There are activities planned everyday, 2 heated pools, a playground, activities center....security is tops...only problem is there seems to not be ebough parking near your unit if you are out at night...the staff goes out of their way to make sure that all your needs are met..and check each day to make sure you are satisfied. There were 6 of us, 3 adults 3 children and we had a very comfortable 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen, washer and dryer..

Room Tip: they have elevators in all buildings and we had no problem with any noise altho there are many many...
1  Thank marydelila48
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We reserved a 1 bedroom, partial kitchen, sleeps 4, 2 private. The check in went fine. We got to our room and I was very shocked to see how tiny the accomodations were. We stayed in Building 7, Room 437
1) There were only two of us, however, had there been 4, there would have been nowhere for 2 people to sit. There was only a couch and a very small table with 4 kitchen chairs. I cannot imagine trying to rest and relax in a kitchen chair!
2) If the fold out couch had been used, there would have been no way to manuver in the living room area. The couch would have taken up all the space.
3) There was extremely limited closet/dresser space for even the 2 of us. Again, I can only imagine the difficulty if there had been 4 of us.
4) The bathroom was divided, with only the toilet and shower with the privacy of a door. To close said door, we had to squeeze between the shower and the toilet. I would be surprised if there was a total of an inch and a half room for the door to shut without hitting the toilet.
5) There was nearly no counter space. I had to move items to the top of the refrigerator to be able to set anything on the counter, much less use the coffee pot or toaster.
6) The pots, pans and silverware were kept under the kitchen sink. This is very unsanitary. Does this even meet the regulations of the healthy department?
7) I used the washer for 2 loads of clothes, only to find out the dryer had no heat. We called the front desk and told them we needed it fixed that day because of the wet clothes and we would not be available to be there as we were attending a conference and would be there all day. The first gentleman we talked to said if we were not able to be there, the dryer would not be fixed. Upon calling a second time, we were told they would see what they could do. Luckily, when we returned from the conference, the dryer was working.
8) The room was not clean. There were stains on the carpet and couch. The tile floor in the bathroom was either old or had not been mopped.
9) There was not enough parking for the number of guests. People (including us a few times) were parking in areas not meant for parking. Every evening these spaces were also full.

6  Thank AMSTDB
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were there in January 2013.

This was our first time there and we like it.

The check-in was quick but we did not get a renovated unit even if I asked it by email a couple of days prior to my check-in. It seems that the email provided on the website is not directly address to the resort but to the reservation center, so it may take a while for email demands to be transferred to the resort. I was told that I would have had more chance of getting my request if I had called instead of using email. I will know it next time!

The unit did show sign of age. The modular sofa has seen better days and the bed were too soft for my comfort. We also had a couple of things that needed fixing like a shower door that came out of its place, a store cord that would not stay fixed to the wall or a coil surface element that always pop-up. But as soon as we reported those problems to the front desk they sent somebody to fix it very quickly and very efficiently.

The unit itself was very clean and so is all the property. We had a very spacious two bedrooms that could accommodate 8 peoples. One room with one king bed, another big room with two double beds, and the sofa bed. We had three flat screens TV, the washer/dryer and all the commodities. There is nice big "screened" balcony with a couple of chairs. But there is a little shortage of storage for the dishes so sometime it is not easy to access what you need and you have to juggle a little, mostly if you are short like my wife ;)

There are two heated pools, two Jacuzzi, free Wi-Fi in all units, a few BBQ grill around the lake, a game room, a fitness center and a playground. The kids really enjoyed watching the ducks around the lake and watching the big turtles and the fishes in the lake.

We spent only a couple of day at the resort since we spent most of our days visiting Disney's parks. But the time we were there we did appreciate the place. It is a quiet nice resort which is very clean and with a staff that knows the meaning of customer service.

I stayed at other resort in the area that had more "nature" activities like fishing, nature trails, etc... But this place is still very enjoyable if you just need a place to relax and take a break between your other activities in the area.

I would definitely go back to the Cypress Palms and I would not hesitate to recommend it to everyone, but ask for a renovated unit.. By phone!

7  Thank Marco
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Loved staying here. It is a great alternative to staying on Disney property for longer vacations. I usually like staying on property for shorter vacations, but for week long or more vacations to the Orlando area this is ideal. Rooms have kitchenettes or full kitchens to save money, washer dryer in rooms, and great entertainment on property. We had a 1 bedroom full kitchen site, it was clean with full kitchen utensils, pots pans stove everything needed. Nicely located for all area parks, and lots of restaurants nearby. Multiple pools on property and they have nightly family and childrens activities to sign up for if staying in. I would consider staying here again especially for a large family vacation or gathering.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TampaRobbinsNest
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I took my family of five for the christmas holidays in Orlando Florida the day we got there Florida was cold, seeing that we are from New York.The staff was helpful and friendly upon arrival.We settled in comfortably in two adjacent suites .We checked out the pool which was nice and warn(heatedpool),The GYM was small but you can get a work out going.There are many restaurants close by.Do not try to order in-no delivery services -only Pizzas if you want that.

Room Tip: Ask which side is bigger.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family