“Will never stay here again”

Wyndham Cypress Palms
Ranked #151 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Evansville, Indiana
“Will never stay here again”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We reserved a 1 bedroom, partial kitchen, sleeps 4, 2 private. The check in went fine. We got to our room and I was very shocked to see how tiny the accomodations were. We stayed in Building 7, Room 437
1) There were only two of us, however, had there been 4, there would have been nowhere for 2 people to sit. There was only a couch and a very small table with 4 kitchen chairs. I cannot imagine trying to rest and relax in a kitchen chair!
2) If the fold out couch had been used, there would have been no way to manuver in the living room area. The couch would have taken up all the space.
3) There was extremely limited closet/dresser space for even the 2 of us. Again, I can only imagine the difficulty if there had been 4 of us.
4) The bathroom was divided, with only the toilet and shower with the privacy of a door. To close said door, we had to squeeze between the shower and the toilet. I would be surprised if there was a total of an inch and a half room for the door to shut without hitting the toilet.
5) There was nearly no counter space. I had to move items to the top of the refrigerator to be able to set anything on the counter, much less use the coffee pot or toaster.
6) The pots, pans and silverware were kept under the kitchen sink. This is very unsanitary. Does this even meet the regulations of the healthy department?
7) I used the washer for 2 loads of clothes, only to find out the dryer had no heat. We called the front desk and told them we needed it fixed that day because of the wet clothes and we would not be available to be there as we were attending a conference and would be there all day. The first gentleman we talked to said if we were not able to be there, the dryer would not be fixed. Upon calling a second time, we were told they would see what they could do. Luckily, when we returned from the conference, the dryer was working.
8) The room was not clean. There were stains on the carpet and couch. The tile floor in the bathroom was either old or had not been mopped.
9) There was not enough parking for the number of guests. People (including us a few times) were parking in areas not meant for parking. Every evening these spaces were also full.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank AMSTDB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Finnish first
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were there in January 2013.

This was our first time there and we like it.

The check-in was quick but we did not get a renovated unit even if I asked it by email a couple of days prior to my check-in. It seems that the email provided on the website is not directly address to the resort but to the reservation center, so it may take a while for email demands to be transferred to the resort. I was told that I would have had more chance of getting my request if I had called instead of using email. I will know it next time!

The unit did show sign of age. The modular sofa has seen better days and the bed were too soft for my comfort. We also had a couple of things that needed fixing like a shower door that came out of its place, a store cord that would not stay fixed to the wall or a coil surface element that always pop-up. But as soon as we reported those problems to the front desk they sent somebody to fix it very quickly and very efficiently.

The unit itself was very clean and so is all the property. We had a very spacious two bedrooms that could accommodate 8 peoples. One room with one king bed, another big room with two double beds, and the sofa bed. We had three flat screens TV, the washer/dryer and all the commodities. There is nice big "screened" balcony with a couple of chairs. But there is a little shortage of storage for the dishes so sometime it is not easy to access what you need and you have to juggle a little, mostly if you are short like my wife ;)

There are two heated pools, two Jacuzzi, free Wi-Fi in all units, a few BBQ grill around the lake, a game room, a fitness center and a playground. The kids really enjoyed watching the ducks around the lake and watching the big turtles and the fishes in the lake.

We spent only a couple of day at the resort since we spent most of our days visiting Disney's parks. But the time we were there we did appreciate the place. It is a quiet nice resort which is very clean and with a staff that knows the meaning of customer service.

I stayed at other resort in the area that had more "nature" activities like fishing, nature trails, etc... But this place is still very enjoyable if you just need a place to relax and take a break between your other activities in the area.

I would definitely go back to the Cypress Palms and I would not hesitate to recommend it to everyone, but ask for a renovated unit.. By phone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Marco
Tampa, FL
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Loved staying here. It is a great alternative to staying on Disney property for longer vacations. I usually like staying on property for shorter vacations, but for week long or more vacations to the Orlando area this is ideal. Rooms have kitchenettes or full kitchens to save money, washer dryer in rooms, and great entertainment on property. We had a 1 bedroom full kitchen site, it was clean with full kitchen utensils, pots pans stove everything needed. Nicely located for all area parks, and lots of restaurants nearby. Multiple pools on property and they have nightly family and childrens activities to sign up for if staying in. I would consider staying here again especially for a large family vacation or gathering.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TampaRobbinsNest
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I took my family of five for the christmas holidays in Orlando Florida the day we got there Florida was cold, seeing that we are from New York.The staff was helpful and friendly upon arrival.We settled in comfortably in two adjacent suites .We checked out the pool which was nice and warn(heatedpool),The GYM was small but you can get a work out going.There are many restaurants close by.Do not try to order in-no delivery services -only Pizzas if you want that.

Room Tip: Ask which side is bigger.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank dalzell61
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My family has stayed here several times and really like the location and convenience to both the parks and to shopping and food. The staff is kind and competent and the units are spacious and updated with flat screen TV's and a safe in the master bedroom. Parking is tight and crowded on busy weeks, so be prepared to drop off and park a couple hundred yards away. After a long day in a park, the extra walk isn't a blessing, but only a minor inconvenience. Not sure why there are so few outside garbage cans, but when possible, dump your car trash before you get back to the parking lot.

Room Tip: I've not stayed in a bad unit here but be aware that the elevators are often slow, so a lower le...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sink-me
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay - we had 2 2-bedroom units for 14 people and we had plenty of space. The kitchens and bathrooms could really use updating but the carpeting and furniture appear to be newer. There were a couple of nights when we heard a lot of noise from people walking up and down the halls outside after midnight but most nights we're fairly quiet. There is a nice playground behind building 6. We didn't really see the rest of the property because we were too busy, but we found the maintenance and housekeeping staff to be very helpful when we needed them.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Katie H
Miami, FL
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Review Wyndham Cypress Palms, Kissimmee, FL 2 bedroom lock off Oct. 2012

Just got home from a great few days at Wyndham Cypress Palms in Kissimmee.

Got this with a resort certificate but it always seems to be available for last calls and cheap TPUs.

I'm not sure why since this is actually a pretty nice place but making a note to self to keep this on the radar.

So we checked in at 5am. Yeah we got a late start to say the least.

Anyway, before we leave home, I called before hand and requested an updated room.

The guy tells me that all the rooms are updated and when we get there they give us the keys to our room and the security guard follows us to our room to make sure everything is alright.

First issue, the lock on the lock-off portion doesn't work. The electronics are fried or something. He goes and gets a key to open the lock off from the outside. Then the lock on the lock off to the room is broken. Okayyy. This is not starting out good but we are soooooo exhausted that I said to just come back later and they can fix it then. I didn't even notice that the door on the bathroom was completely off the tracks at this point. In the morning we get a buzz at 10am to come and fix the lock. We show the maintenance guys, (they sent two) and a security guard, the other issues. The maintenance guy says that for him to fix the bathroom door he has to take it off and repatch the wall and repaint. I told him, hell no, I can't stand paint. I've got asthma, I need another room.

Well surprise, surprise, a renovated room is available. Now it's not much past check out time so how was it available for the second night but not for the first. Of course it was ready, but Enrique just didn't want to give us the requested room. Not sure why but whateverrrrr.

So we moved at 11am to a brand new clean room without issues.

There were other issues with the non-remodeled room. I think they had to do with the fact that the room was a handicap accessible room. Most of the cabinets appeared like they were run into by wheelchairs and half hanging off the hinges, the bed was very low and there was no night table. The kitchen counters were handicap height and the room just was very very worn down. The showers were leaking and the handheld sprayer had holes in the tubing spraying water everywhere when you used the shower. This particular room was a total redo and I told them so. They really should not be using this room as it seems it's well past it's prime. It definitely gave you the feeling you were in Kissimmee.

So onto our remodeled room. Can you say, night and day? It was almost as nice as a Bonnet Creek Presidential unit.

Obviously these are the rooms they reserve for their rentals and put the exchangers in the old and tired rooms.

Maybe these rooms go for owners. Hopefully they are for owners.

We had a two bedroom lock off sleeps 8. Two beautiful rooms with two kitchens two washer/dryers and of course two baths. The furnishings were fresh out of the box and we saw the trucks unloading furniture for the other buildings while we were there. Pretty soon the whole place should have a full facelift but in the meantime pester for an upgraded room.

Apparently they have 2 bedroom sleep 6 as well which are not lock offs. The second bedroom has two twin beds instead of the king in the lock off.

I could see a lock off being a problem traveling with small kids. They can literally lock themselves in the room and lock you out and escape. If traveling with small kids get a 2 bedroom sleeps 6 instead of the sleeps 8.

So the rooms have the usual nice Wyndham stuff, the granite counter tops and flat screen TV's along with a full kitchen and a nice screened balcony facing nothing but hey it could be worse, it could face the road. You get free wi-fi and the little welcome packets that all Wyndhams have. They did change the toiletries in this resort. It's not the True Blue stuff they have at Bonnet Creek. Kind of a fruity smelly stuff. I like the True Blue better.

The resort is right behind the Cracker Barrel restaurant. You actually go thru their parking lot to enter the property from the side. There are lots of restaurants in this area to choose from. Longhorn, Red Lobster, etc. You are almost on 192. An easy commute to Disney and Celebration is almost next door.

Overall this is a nice place for Kissimmee. It could use a guard gate to keep out the riff-raff but other than that it was nice. I'd go back.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a remodeled room or stay somewhere else. The old rooms are terrible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank chriskre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Blue Heron Beach Resort
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#21 of 152 in Kissimmee
Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista

Been to Wyndham Cypress Palms? Share your experiences!