“Reasonably priced hotel with all the amenities”

Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #144 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
London
“Reasonably priced hotel with all the amenities”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 15 nights at the end of Aug till mid Aug 09 and was probably the best choice we made for a family holiday. I have conducted hotel inspections in the past, and must say this had most of the amenities of a 4 or 5 star hotel in terms of products, granted the frills were not present but certainly satisfactory.
It has a basic gym - cardio and machine weights, resort type swimming pool, not large but suitable, hot tub. The breakfast was basic, fresh and filling and decent hot tea available, the staff were superb and could not do enough, especially laura, Cyndy, Will and Micheal, to name a few. The upgraded room, at a price from the standard room, was comfortable for 3 adults, 3 children, two bedrooms and renovated with new linen and carpets etc. i did not rent a car in advance but the front desk assisted in acquiring one at a decent price, which I think is a must with kids, and oh get a tom tom, well worth it.
The location of the hotel was slightly remote and after waiting for 30 minutes on the first night for the i-trolley decided to rent a car. Restaurants are a 150 minutes drive past seaworld. 20 minutes to Disney and Universal.
I would go back to this hotel, try to avoid Hilton vacation club who almost spoilt our holiday, look out for split personality Marcelo.

4 Thank Holidayairlineman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
richmond hill
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The studio room we had was very spacious for the 4 of us. The kitchennette was well equipped. The beds are queen size and firm(which I like) and several pillows to choose from. I particularly love the seperate bathroom vanity. The breakfast included are extraordinary!! Lots of selections and many hot items too. The staff cleaning the breakfast tables are hardworking and helpful and friendly. The only complaint is the breakfast area was tooooo crowded.They should extend the breakfast time to 10.00am to spread out people. The swimming pool was excellent, it is resort style and never too busy. I would love to spend more time in the pool than going to the amusement park . Overall, this a very good hotel considering the affordable price and I would definately stay there next time when I go the Orland!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank grace_cheung
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We just returned from a 7 night stay at Residence Inn Sea World. As others have said great location - right between Universal and Disney. Also close to Pulix, Walmart and Outlets for shopping. Room was nice size but it could use a face lift which the signs read that they were in the process of doing. Our room had a funky smell everytime we entered which went away after we were in the room for a few minutes but I had to deal with my kids gagging for 5 minutes every time we came home. I was disappointed in the drawer space - only 1 dresser with 3 small drawers. No noise problems. Decent free hot breakfast everyday. Friendly and helpful staff.

2 Thank Schmitty86
Fla Panhandle
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Big room, full kitcken with dish washer, full frig with ice marker, dishes etc..Hotel 3/4 mile from Seaworld, 4.5 to universal and next to I-4. Hotel built well (concreate floors) and you barley hear I-4 or pool noise. Very good breakfast buffet with large sitting area and TV's. Pool large and slightly heated and only 5' deep in center with zero entry on one end. Hot tube very large and hot but has kids in it sometimes. Small outside bar with pizza hut express next to it. Has small store to buy drinks, food etc... Very well maintained and was being re-modeled floor by floor. 6th floor was just done labor day with 5th to follow. 4th floor starts 7 Sept 09. They keep one floor between guest and work that stops around 5 pm. Don't know why they are doing it as hotel looks great already!! Had studio with 2 queen beds with queen sofa pull out, work desk, dinner table and closet. Bathroom standard size and has curved curtain rod. Room had quite AC unit and ran cold at 69 degrees. They have laundry and game room with small gym. There's also some type of shuttle service that parks out front. You can also take the I-link on the street which you can tranferr to another bus @ I-drive and goes up and down I-drive. Awesome front desk STAFF and allowed me to change rooms due to car alarm going off every 20 mins 1ST night. Stayed 4 nights and loved it. Offers pretty secure FREE parking and NO RESORT TAX with room ket security to acess hotel. Overall, awesome hotel & would stay again!!

2 Thank Crewdawg
Pittsburgh
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Just returned from a 6 night stay at the Residence Inn Sea World/International Center. We chose this hotel for our first family vacation based upon other reviews provided. I am a Marriott rewards member and generally only choose Marriott facilities for both business and pleasure. Our family of four (Two adults and two kids ages 3 and 5) stayed in a one bedroom suite. The room was adequate size (although a little smaller than some other Residence Inn's we've stayed at). The hotel itself was centrally located, very close to Sea World and right off of the interstate for those traveling to Disney!(about a 15 minute drive). The complimentary hot breakfast was good and parking was ample- with the exception of the weekend when the parking lot was packed and we couldn't even find a parking spot. The pool was great and never deeper than about 5 feet. My kids loved it. It was as other people have said a surprisingly quiet hotel. All that being said, I would have to say that having stayed at various Marriott properties, this was probably the least impresive Residence Inn I have stayed at. I think that it's just starting to show a little wear, but while we were there, there was renovation happening, which leads me to believe they are in the process of updating the hotel. I think I just had a little greater expectations... And for those of you who plan on cooking while there.. there is no oven in the room! This was the first time I've experienced that at Residence Inn.. but that was probably my fault for not catching that on the room description. Overall, I'd say it was a good, quality hotel with good service and conveniently located to everything, but not as top-notch as some other Residence Inn facilities..

3 Thank Mom2lovies
Qormi
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We stayed at residence inn for 12 nights in a one bedroom suite. The room was great and the staff were superb. Sea world is just a 10 minute walk although we used the trolley bus which stops exactly at the Hotel entrance. The pool area is beutiful and the children loved swimming there. Everywhere is clean and the rooms are done everyday properly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SAG9
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Hotel staff was friendly. Rooms were a little smaller than I am used to with Residence Inn and they were starting to look a little worn but overall was pleased with the room. Good location - Sea World is around the corner and about a 10 minute drive to Disney and Universal. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. The pool area was great. Huge, clean pool, with lots of loungers and chairs. We had a good experience and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple