“Not as impressed as others”

Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #142 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 11, 2004

Ok, maybe the problem is with me. I've read all the reviews of this hotel and it looks like I'm the first one who doesn't think it's the greatest place ever. I'll be honest, it's not bad. Depending on your tolerance on certain issues, it's either great or perhaps less than good. I was there for eight days at the end of Jun/beginning of July. The hotel was very crowded the entire time which will stress any hotel. The suite itself is good size. Ours faced the pool and the noise coming from there at night was definately bothersome. The pool closes at 11 pm and to try and sleep before that was impossible. The two beds in our suite were extremely soft. Some people like that, but if you have a back problem, and I do, it was very unpleasant. The sleeper sofa was actually more comfortable to sleep on. Like all hotels, the soundproofing is only as good as the decency of your neighbors. The hotel is lacking elevator capacity. I usually took the stairs as I got so tired of waiting for the elevator as well as stopping at each floor to pick- up and drop off. Finally - the breakfast. Yes, it's free and for that reason, it comes in handy. Also, our kids aren't too choosy. In my opinion though, the quality was mediocre at best and the coffee was some of the worst I've ever had. Finding a place to sit can be quite difficult and for those who want to carry it to the room - there are no trays. The most positive thing I could say is that the staff was quite friendly. Again, it's not a bad hotel - I just can't get too excited about it. Nextime in Orlando, I will experiment with something else.

4  Thank moodyblue
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld

Reviewed July 7, 2004

We loved it!!! Stayed there for the 4th of July holiday. This location is very convient to all the major theme parks. The breakfast buffet in the morning was great. A wide variety of real food, not just continental style. The Pizza Hut onsite was a plus!!! The room we stayed in was very comfortable for the 7 of us. Very quiet, clean, and the staff was extremely friendly and courteous. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted to stay in Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2004
3  Thank bronzeindian
Reviewed July 6, 2004

This is the perfect hotel for a family staying in Orlando. The standard studio suite is very spacious. The decor and furniture are attractive, and the queen bed is very comfortable. Also, the pull-out sofa bed is a queen, making this a very practical accommodation The outdoor recreation area (pool, etc.) is of good size. All the common areas are cheerful, attractive, and well-maintained. Complimentary breakfast is ample although the quality is nothing to rave about. One afternoon they had complimentary pizza by the pool--a terrific surprise! The staff is very pleasant. Housekeeping does a great job--the room was made neat as a pin.
Sea World is 10-minute walk. Don't even bother to drive or take a shuttle.

4  Thank Calif-FloridaBoy
A TripAdvisor Member
Newton, IA
Reviewed July 5, 2004

We stayed for 7 nights end of June, early July 2004. The hotel was very clean and I felt very safe here. The rooms were nice sized, and gave my daughter and I room to move around. The breakfast was excellent. Yes, there is limited seating, but we usually took it back to our room, which was great. Grabbing an extra banana every day made for a nice evening snack! The money we saved eating made for extra spending at the parks. (and a PPV movie)

This hotel is SUPER convenient to Seaworld and Discovery Cove. We had no problem finding it, as we avoided I-4 and took the 528 to Int Drive to Central Fl Parkway, directly to our hotel. Very easy to find. I recommend this hotel!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2004

This hotel wins top honors in my book for the best place to stay at an awesome rate. As we were driving up I figured they must have some basement rooms that they sold at such a good rate. But no, we were given pool view 3rd floor and WOW we were impressed with our studio. Two queen beds, sleeper sofa, toilet/shower separate from the sink area. It had a dishwasher, coffee-maker, full size refridgerator/freezer, 2 cooktops, and a microwave. Very adequate utensils and prep-cookware. This is their cheapest room keep in mind. It very comfortably slept our family of 5. The zero-entry pool, pizza hut, basketball court and playground kept us all entertained. So entertained in fact that the oldest teens with us went to Discovery Cove in the am, hopped over to Sea World when they were done, stayed there an hour or two and called us to see if we minded if they came back to the hotel then to play some basketball and swim. The property was perfectly maintained, even the laundry room was spotless and only $1.50 each to wash and dry(1hour). An absolutely GREAT choice for your stay in Orlando.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2004

Stayed here for 10 days at the end of May 2004. Pleasent hotel with very reasonable facilities - pool children's play area etc.

Room - 1 bedroom apartment - was very good. It was clean and tidy and well maintained by the lovely and helpful staff who came round daily. The nearest supermarket - Publix - is about 2 miles by car or by bus and is excellent, although the staff will do your shopping for you if you wish.

Very friendly and helpful staff, nothing was too much or too difficult for them to do for you.

The main downsides were -

1) No conventional oven so cooking some things was not possible.

2) Can be very noisey at times as the Inn is used by coach parties of children

3) Breakfast was probably centred around the Atkins diet and the area was too small and crowded at times. Much better to buy in and eat in your apartment.

4) Got lost trying to find it - poor signposting at major road junctions from Airport etc.

Would I go back - possibly as the cost was reasonable, but would see what I could get for the same money elsewhere in the surrounding area.

3  Thank Wacky-Scientist
Reviewed June 23, 2004

Stay here.
The rooms were large and comfortable.
Clean and the property was well maintained.
Staff helpful just don't expect to check in early. I arrived a few hours early and wasn't able to get a room until 3:50 that afternoon. Easy to get to Sea World from this hotel either by walking or driving.
I will be looking for the Residence Inn again when we travel

1  Thank MichiganGizmo