“About right for the price”

Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #137 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a very affordable, acceptable hotel that is conveniently located to SeaWorld. There is a great breakfast buffet and a nice outdoor bar and grill. If that's enough for you, no need to read on.

As a business traveler who frequently stays at Marriott, particularly Residence Inn, this hotel just didn't stack up. It is showing its age and the little things, like towels, pillows, etc., were more along the lines of what I would expect at a lower end brand.

Not a bad hotel, just not what I've typically experienced at Marriott properties.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CharlieandCrew
Aaron H, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear CharlieandCrew,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our Marriott brands and Residence Inn especially!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and Castaway Bar and Grill. As we constantly look for opportunities for improvement, I thank you for your feedback on items such as the towels and pillows. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and we will take action to improve in these areas.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us CharlieandCrew!

Aaron

Write a ReviewReviews (1,995)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

With a family of 5, it is difficult to find hotel rooms that can accommodate us comfortably. The Resident Inn 2 bedroom suite was more than enough room. It had two large bedrooms; one master with a bathroom and king size bed and a second with two queens. In addition, a large common room has a sofa with TV and a full kitchen with a table. We had room for everyone. The room was clean and housekeeping staff was great.

The room came with a complimentary full breakfast buffet that had something for everyone - eggs, pancakes, cereal, oatmeal, juices, etc. With a full day of expensive amusement parks ahead of us, it was great to have a full complimentary meal.

The pool was heated but it was raining so we stayed in the hot tub. They have a pizza hut and casual bar near the pool, which was nice. We ordered pizza and chicken tenders one night for dinner that the kids enjoyed. Bartenders were very helpful and nice to kids too.

The lobby was always clean with free newspapers on weekdays and had a helpful service to buy amusement park tickets. I'm not sure if they gave me the best price but it was very convenient and they were very nice. They knew the amusement park options and took their time to explain my options. I appreciated the service. They offered a tour of a Marriott time share for a cash bonus that I declined. They were polite and not pushy about it.

The location is near Sea World with extended Sea World hours available but I did not go to Sea World. It is only about ten minutes or so away from Disney and Universal. They had a free bus but I drove.

Overall, the large room was awesome for a family of 5 and was a value compared to the other options available. The service was good and the complimentary breakfast was filling.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hello MDTraveler2010!

Thank you for the great detailed review of your stay at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld! We are very happy to hear that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us. While we got a little rain while you were in Sunny Florida, it’s great to hear that you were still able to enjoy the hot tub and Castaway Bar and Grill.

Thank you for the recommendation of the Two-Bedroom suite for families that would like extra space to relax. The extra bathroom sure is convenient in getting family up and ready to get the most out of an Orlando vacation. I am glad to hear that the team at the Expedia Local Expert desk in the lobby were able to take care of your ticket and information needs. They have competitive pricing on their tickets and you are right, it is so convenient to not have to stand in line at the park to wait for tickets!

MDTraveler2010, thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to your return! SeaWorld and Discovery Cove on the next visit?

Regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This hotel is close to International Drive. It is just down the street from Sea World and Discovery Cove. It offers a complimentary full breakfast buffet. The only drawback was I did see two roaches in my room during my one week stay. The housekeeping staff was very helpful in bringing up luggage and keeping our room supplied with fresh towels.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank skeeterflorida
Aaron H, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear SkeeterFlorida,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location was ideal for your Orlando visit. Please accept my apology for the roaches that you experienced. Ecolab has a very aggressive pest control process in place at the hotel, but it is clear that additional focus needs to be put on this room. If you have a moment, could you please send me a quick email so that we can identify this room at Aaron.Hoefen@Marriott.com?

SkeeterFlorida, we appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your time in Orlando! We hope that we have the chance to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I am a gold card member and frequently chooses Marriott residence inn as my preferred brand because it has given me consistent quality. But this hotel was everything but quality. It is so bad that I don't even know how to begin. Multiple members of my family has been treated with disrespect during our stay, which makes the experience extremely disappointing.

On the day of check in, as I entered the lobby, happy to finally arrive the destination after a long trip, I smiled and nodded at all four agents that was standing in front of the counter. Not only was I not greeted back, two of the agents gave me an impatient glare and went back to talking to each other. So i waited until finally a gentleman seemed to have time to talk to me. He didn't bother to smile. We were told that this hotel for some reason does not offer social evenings nor complimentary mouth rinse. I politely asked why this residence inn is different. He answered with a shrug. I was not particularly happy, but didn't want to fight, since it has been a long day already.

Later on, when two of my family members wanted to do laundry, and since we don't have any quarters, they went to the front desk to do an exchange. They were treated very impatiently by the lady. The washer was fine, but the dryer didn't work. We put three more dollars in the dryer, in the hope that it will dry our clothes more thoroughly, but no, it was still wet after 1.5 hours. Not wanting to deal with the front desk anymore, we just hanged the clothes all up in our rooms that night.

The next day, my dad saw that the seaworld stand offers some good promotion so he approached them, and of course, no one wants to talk to him, instead just want to talk to each other, my dad walked away after 3 minutes of watching them ignore him. I approached the counter again after breakfast, which by the way was the most disgusting meal i've ever had, food is stale and unappetizing, counter is filthy...etc, anyway, i was treated similarly except I decided that I am not going to be ignored, and said "excuse me" three times until someone talks to me. The man that talked to me gave me a card and told me that it would work as a fastpass for my entire family. We went to sea world and learned that he didn't give me the remaining paper, so the card does not have any value.

We weren't given a receipt at checkout, which is odd because all residence inn usually just slide it under our door the day of checkout. I was busy and forgot to request for the invoice, and guess what, when I was home after the vacation I was charged an additional fee on my credit card. Back again on the phone with another rude agent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Angel L
Cindy D, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Angel L,
We value your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and your specific comments toward our customer service. As the Front Office Manager for this property I take pride in the staff that I have and when service failures take place I want the opportunity to take action. It deeply concerns me that you and your family felt discarded and that my team was unfriendly and unwilling to help. I would appreciate if you would contact me so that I may resolve this matter directly with you, and be able to find out more information so that I may voice your concerns to my team. My email is cynthia.diggs@marriott.com and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

When in Orlando we usually stay at the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, but opted for this one because it was closer to friends we were visiting and convenience to the airport. The room and property were clean and well equipped -- breakfast was superior as usual. However, the couch was stained and torn and the sleeper sofa matress and springs were dreadful -- a characteristic we notice at other RI locations. Look, I know sleeper sofas are not Sealy pillow tops, but Marriot can do much better than this. And while they're at it, give this location bit of a facelift before the reviews here turn on you.

On a positive note, its very convenient (15 to 20 min) to the airport via quick access to the Bee Line (SR 528 toll) via Westwood.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank mikeyinva
Cindy D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Mikeyinva,

Thank you so very much for your positive remarks towards our cleanliness and convenience. We value your feedback with regards to our sofa sleepers and we are working towards updating those items in the future. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel is starting to show its years. The carpet in my room was ancient and the bed was lumpy. It was very, very crowded so there were lots of kids and some dogs making noise. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank HedwigPotter

Dear HegwigPotter

On behalf of the Residence Inn Family we truely appreciate your business and the feed back that you provided. We value your comments and are working on making the updates needed to keep our hotel fresh and new. We take pride in our cleanliness and our staff and even through heavey group times we continue to provide outstanding customer service. We hope in the future you will allow us the opportunity to show you a better experience.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The room we had was huge and spacious. The beds were decently comfortable. Swimming pools weren't always at the cleanest. Bit weird when we asked the reception for toilet roll and they came to our room with tea bags. But overall was a brilliant stay. Would definitely recommended it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear StephanieeeannnH,

Thank you so much for the great review regarding your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Orlando as SeaWorld! We are absolutely honored by the title “Loved It!” and the 5-Star rating! I am sorry about the very strange mix up in communication on the requested toilet paper. I appreciate the positive feedback on the beds. We changed all of our mattresses and box springs in December and we are anxious to hear what our guests think about them. So far, almost every comment we have heard back has been very positive.

StephanieeeannnH, thank you again for staying with us! We look forward to your return trip to Sunny Florida!!!