“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #144 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel it is very clean throughout, and the staff are very friendly and go out of there way to help you, i have to say a very special thankyou to the General Manager Aaron Hoefen as we requested a specific room before we arrived and im happy to say that that request was met,so thankyou Arron. The food was very good and plentiful. There is an iride stop right outside the hotel, And you walk to Seaworld at a nice stroll in 20 mins which was no bother, there is a CVS AND 7Eleven down the road about a 5-10min walk and they sell mostly everything.We had a 2 bedroom suit and wow it was fantastic the main room has 1 queen bed and an en suit bathroom and the second room has 2 queen beds and the bathroom is just next door,the kitchen had a massive fridgefreezer a very big oven with 4 hobs and everything you need to cook with. There is tea and coffee in room plus a dishwasher. This realy is a fantastic hotel and the staff are an assett to this company.

Room Tip: We were in room 6005 which had amazing views, it does overlook the i4 but the noise didnt bother us...
1 Thank TRACY p
Aaron H, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hello TracyP!

It is great to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I appreciate you reaching out to me prior to your stay to allow us to get you into your preferred suite! I am happy to hear that it was exactly what you were expecting. There are quite a few hotel choices in Orlando and we are honored that you took the time to read through our traveler reviews and chose to stay with us!

We sincerely hope to see you again on your next vacation to Orlando!

Cheers!
Aaron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My family booked a weekend stay and we were very surprised. There were 5 of us and we had requested 2 rooms. The rooms were spacious, the breakfast buffet was delicious and the price was outstanding. I have not stayed in a Residence Inn before but I plan to look for them whenever I go out of town. You definitely can't beat the price and accommodations. We had other choices for staying but none compared to what Residence Inn SeaWorld offered us. It is close to all the attractions and to many areas for shopping. Right next to I4, you could hardly hear any of the traffic, it was so quiet. I would definitely recommend this place to all who plan to travel to Orlando, FL.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors.
1 Thank Lauro D
Dear Lauro D,

A new loyal Residence Inn fan? We LOVE it! We fully understand the staggering number of hotels to choose from in the Orlando area (currently 328 listed on Trip Advisor) and we are honored that you gave us a shot. The full satisfaction of every guest is of the highest importance to us and to hear that you enjoyed your time with us is great!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld!

Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The 4 am (unplanned) wake up call did not start out our trip well.
The staff was friendly, although not the most professional.
The quick-pass tickets at Seaworld were helpful. The room was clean.
Agree with last review, the hotel was poorly configured.
The breakfast area was very busy. I asked a staff member if there were any more OJ - as the machine was out, and she pointed to another machine. She then grabbed my breakfast and threw it out, while I went to get the OJ (my son was at the table eating) it was aweful, with all the crowds, I didn't want to go and wait again. I was upset. I said why would you take my breakfast? She had her hand inside my coffee cup and said "you want this back?"

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear theNJTravel,

I am so sorry for the service that you encountered at our breakfast as well as the unplanned wake up call. Please know that we are addressing this as quickly as possible through additional training. We take great pride in our high level of attentive service during breakfast and this is unacceptable. We know that those traveling for both business and pleasure have long days ahead of them when in Orlando. It is important to get a great night’s sleep and a hearty breakfast to have the energy to get the most of the day. Please accept my deepest apologies for impacting both of these. We will not rest until these errors are eliminated.

TheNJTravel, can you please contact me personally at Aaron.Hoefen@Marriott.com so that I may address these issues?

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at the Residence Inn with our young grandchildren and we/they loved it. Breakfast was hot, varied and very good. The pool became their favorite spot between parks. The beds are comfortable and the rooms were quiet.
The hotel is right off of I-4, close to SeaWorld, Disney and Universal. A great location.
The hotel is affiliated with SeaWorld and we received fast track passes in the lobby with assistance from the great folks at the front desk. We had a great time and will stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Good day Al H!

We are very happy to hear that you and the grandchildren enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our Trip Advisor community!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Warm Regards,
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Nice rooms but hotel is badly configured with elevator at the extreme end of each wing and far from the main lobby. Friendly service. Nice breakfast. Desk service was outstanding. Watson was a great help and later in the day sent cookies to our room. Always pleased with Marriott even if this hotel layout was so different than any other we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2013
Aaron H, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Stevef1951,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld. Most of all, thank you for your loyalty to Marriott! As to the elevators, the thought process during the design phase was that it would be more convenient with the elevators located closest to the parking lots. This way, you can come and go without having to walk through the lobby and by the front desk each time. As a purpose-built extended stay property, we want you to feel like you are coming home! I agree that this means a longer walk to a hot breakfast though!

We appreciate your feedback Stevef1951!

Regards,
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We booked this hotel for the MineCon convention that just rolled through.

It was really close to just about everything. The hotel was clean, had indoor air conditioners (rather then the ones that hang outside) therefore it's quiet.

We got 2 beds a pull out couch and a kitchen for a good price. It was nice.

The hot breakfast buffet was good too, their scrambled eggs were actually really good. Most buffets their eggs are yuck, not here.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the top floor away from the elevator and it was quiet.
1 Thank StAugTodd
Aaron H, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hello StAugTodd!

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld during the MineCon convention! We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay and would definitely return!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cornwall, Uk
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Had a fantastic stay. We stayed here for 16 nights during October/November so had more than enough time to try every facility this hotel had to offer and feel well placed to write this review. I think I had also read every review prior to travelling!!
We had an amazing experience and this is attributed to the staff at the hotel. All the staff we encountered were friendly, approachable and informative. They went out of their way to say hello or offer assistance.
There were 5 of us staying in a 2 bedroom apartment which had plenty of space. We also met up with family from America whilst over there so one morning there was 19 of us for breakfast. The staff allowed us to move tables so we could all sit together outside which was really nice and refused to let us help put them back.
Our room was cleaned every day and towels changed when we requested.
Due to the favourable exchange rate we took cash, a prepaid currency card and travellers cheques instead of always using our visa cards. We confirmed with the hotel before travelling they could cash travellers cheques. Despite saying yes on some days we found this problematic as they often didn't have more than $50 cash to give us and recommended we found a bank.
As a Seaworld partner hotel you get some benefits. Used the quick queue but queues were really small and it wasn't valid on Antartica which had a large wait time. Tried to book the behind the scenes tour which they also offer but apparently they had no spaces for the duration of our stay.
After reading reviews about the rooms overlooking the I4, and pets, I was a little concerned as my husband is allergic to dogs and I'm a light sleeper. We got to room and found we were on level 2 and overlooked I4. I had no need to worry, room was so clean and we had no problem with allergies. Yes you could hear the I4 but by the time the air con is on and the little amount of time we spent in our room it didn't cause us a problem.
Being so close to the I4 though was a huge advantage. We had a hire car so that we could travel around. This hotel is in a great location for families visiting Orlando. We don't normally stay in places we have been to before but in this instance we have said we would definately consider returning. Great base, great hotel and great staff= Great holiday

• Stayed October 2013
Hello Tamsin L!

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. After 16 nights with us and having read all of the posted reviews, I would consider you a good judge! We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld! I apologize for the inconvenience with cashing travelers’ cheques. We will review this to see if it there is an opportunity to adjust this in the future.

We sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us during your holiday Tamsin L! We look forward to seeing you again in the future and appreciate you recommending us to our Trip Advisor faithful!

Regards,