“not what is expected from a marriot hotel”

Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #142 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Booked in here for 5 nights when we arrived it was a bit tired looking , the room was alright big enough but it was quite grubby. The bath wasn't clean not was the soap dish .At breakfast the next day we were horrified to find people coming down to breakfast in there night clothes. We asked, as we has a late flight on the Wednesday, was there anywhere to leave our luggage and get changed. We could leave the luggage at reception but had to go to the pool for a shower and get changed there!We booked out that day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gill t
Aaron H, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Gill T,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Exceeding our guests’ expectations is a top priority. It is clear that we fell short and for that we are very sorry. I understand that there are many options for lodging in Orlando and we are grateful that you chose to stay with us. As we continually work to improve, I ask that you please contact me at Aaron.Hoefen@Marriott.com.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your honest feedback.

Aaron

Write a ReviewReviews (1,968)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband & I stayed in a one bedroom unit on the 6th (top) floor - after originally being allocated a 3rd floor unit overlooking the road which was noisy. Spacious room with everything we needed, although the AC was a bit noisy so we turned it off at night. Free breakfast was good - with always plenty of available tables & friendly helpful staff. We only used the pool once which had comfortable sunbeds & plenty of free pool towels. However, only shade/umbrellas available around tables & chairs near pool, & not sun beds.
Location is superb - we walked to Sea World & Aquatica which took 15 minutes (20 mins to get back after a tiring day) with other attractions/parks/shops/restaurants only a short drive away.
Would recommend this hotel & definitely return in the future

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here on our recent family vacation to Orlando. This hotel was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and there was never any noise. We would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. Free parking(which is rare in Orlando), and free breakfast. The pool area was beautiful & always clean. The front desk staff was very helpful & friendly. We did eat at the pool bar & grill a couple of times and it was great. I really don't think we will ever stay anywhere but this hotel when we visit Orlando.

2  Thank MandMMom88
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn on a family trip. This was our third stay, but it had been several years since our last visit. We still found it a good place to stay with family. We had (2) two bedroom, two bath suites, making it very comfortable for our stay. The rooms were very clean and inviting. They were well stocked with towels, etc. The breakfast was fine for a quick start. There was no bacon, but there was plenty of other food available. I thought I remembered having an additional chair in the living area on our last visit. This time, there was only a sofa and the dining table with chairs.

Our rooms were not ready when we arrived at 4:00 in the afternoon. We waited for some time, and they still didn't get them cleaned. Finally, we decided to go to dinner to give them more time. The rooms were ready when we returned that night. They apologized for the delay, but it would have been nice to have our rooms available after being on the road for many hours. It was on a Sunday, so they were probably short some workers for the weekend. Things happen.

We got an excellent AARP rate for our rooms. I felt it was a great value for the comfort, and included a hot breakfast.

1  Thank MSRuby-7
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Had a family room (2 adults, 2 children) which was very spacious with 2 queen beds , a double sofa bed and full kitchen with full fridge. Great value as it included free parking and free breakfast for all 4 of us. Best free breakfast in town .......NO hidden fees..... and great service .....Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay here next time we visit Orlando.

Room Tip: Try to check in early ...and first floor is the best location
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My 9 year old, I and my other half went down June for 5 days..The desk, room and service was excellent!! Timothy checked me in and even the next day he remembered me and called me by my name..That has never been done before and I have traveled for over 30 years..The room was not new but clean and quiet..The pool was large ..the food was a little over priced and the breakfast was great and plenty...I would recommend this hotel to anyone..The bedroom even had a door and an extra TV in the living room for my son to watch while I slept. The pool was open till 11 pm which was great..

Room Tip: If you get 2-3 floor and in the middle it is very, very quiet.
2  Thank kellanna
Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a GREAT choice we made to stay at this hotel! There was an issue with our reservation and it was fixed within 10 minutes to my satisfaction. The hotel was able to honor our request for early check in thank goodness! It was pouring rain when we arrived and we were traveling with a 1 year old. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite. Nice size flat screen TVs in every room. Excellent management and every single staff member was very polite. Everything was super clean. The pool was really nice and the continental breakfast was excellent! We loved everything! We definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Susan C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review! The team and I very much appreciate that you chose to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back!

See you soon!