“A Great Place To Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #302 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“A Great Place To Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I recently started attending classes at Universal Technical Institute in Orlando and I needed a place to stay while I went to school there. I saw their ad on CL and replied immediately. Their weekly student rates are unbeatable and are quite fair for the Orlando area - which is typically very expensive. The staff there are friendly and helpful, the place is kept clean and free of any shady characters. They are always doing whatever they can to make your stay with them as enjoyable as possible. I have been staying here for nearly 3 months and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florida who plans to stay in the Orlando area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rob P, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are very pleased we met your expectations. We have worked very hard during the process of renovations and updating our facility over the last 12 months. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We hope to serve again if your are ever in the area again.

Regards,

The staff and management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me & my son had moved to FL from UTAH not knowing where to stay & to be safe the Extended stay was clean had a little kitchen came in handy & had good cable channels & nice warm pool.. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel :) I highly recommend to stay at this hotel weather it's 1 night or longer they have great prices. the staff is great & friendly & great customer services..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rob P, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We will certainly share your comments with the staff. We are very proud of our newly renovated rooms and happy you enjoyed yourself. We also just installed our new pool heater in advance of the cooler weather!!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed for 7 weeks at this property and I had no problems whatsoever. The staff was great and very friendly. Anytime I needed anything, it was given to me right away. I read bad reviews before I went here but went anyway and I am glad I did. New management and they were making changes continuously. The location was good for everything you could want. OBT itself is horrible for traffic and arrests but I was not affected by it. The kitchen area was nice and big and I saved a lot of money by being able to cook. I would recommend this place to anyone because my experience was great! Paige and Ben at the front desk are the best! And to Jim the maintenance man, he was the best I have ever seen for being so prompt in fixing things. Good job to all of you at this property!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dktatter
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We will certainly recognize the associates you mentioned specifically.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

cheap nightly rates and weekly rates ,room was pretty nice had a little kitchen full cable with HBO nice bathroom and shower good place to stay if you're ever in south orlando wasnt crowded with other guests like most places ive stayed at in the area

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rob P, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We have worked very hard renovating and updating our facility over the last year. We are happy we have completed this project and you had the benefit of enjoying one of our brand new rooms. We hope that every guest that check into our hotel moving forward has the same experience you had.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was very appalled by the hotel! When i first arrived, the front desk girl was no where to be found. My room was in horrible shape. The carpet made my feet black, and it was sticky. The room was super tiny. The neighborhood seemed shady. I've stayed at cheaper hotels that were 110% nicer than this one. So gross!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Akelly3
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

From upon check in I was lied to about my reservation. I was never told the room I reserved would not be available. The room looked as if it has never been cleaned. I had to provide my own products. They had roaches. I get back after being out an evening to my door open and lights on. Once I spoke with the front desk she gave me attitude and asked why I didn't call the police for their establishment. I wasn't allowed to speak with the manager. I'm very disappointed and will NEVER stay at another one again.

• Stayed April 2013
7 Thank Wantgreatservice
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I had a LATE flight from Detroit to Orlando for his parents wedding anniversary. We arrived at midnight and by the time we obtained our car, all we wanted was to sleep for a few hours and then get up and drive to their home in Daytona Beach. I chose this location because it was east of the airport and reasonable in price, etc.

OH MY! We arrived and went to our room. First of all the OUTDOOR hallway smelled like fresh cigarettes everywhere. Second, it was clear it wasn't just an extended stay place for business folks or local construction workers, but more like 18 year old kids who thought this would be a fun, "let's try this move out of the house," kinda place.

We arrived to our room to find that the sheets and comforter were ripped off the bed and thrown over one of two chairs in the room. A dim light was on and the air conditioning was on at about 60. The second chair was in 5 pieces on the floor, as it had clearly been used to break down the bathroom door, which was hanging off the hinge. There was a half eaten loaf of bread, dirty dishes in the sink and what appeared to be "club"kid materials on the table, if ya get my drift. The floor was full of brown, sticky stuff, which again, looked a little "club" suspicious. We were both scared to actually look into the bathroom, as I was a little concerned what we would find. Luckily, it was only a FILTHY floor and what appeared to be wiped up "brown stuff"on the floor. This place was out of control.

We took photos and high tailed it out of there. Both my husband and I expressed concerns for getting rolled on our way back to the car. Once to the car I called the emergency number and a property manager came to talk to us. The office closes at 11pm. He came downstairs and offered us a "clean" room, but no explanation for how someone was able to get into our room and do that much damage.

It is a very, very sketchy place. DO NOT STAY HERE, EVER. Forget bugs, forget cleanliness, it is straight up unsafe. They refunded our money, but had they not, I was going to call 911, I would not doubt an investigation.

It is an UNSAFE place. Spend a little more drive about two miles down the road to a hotel chain you have heard of, with a front desk that operates past 11pm with a late check in time.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Unsafe!