“Hotel is garbage”

Suburban Extended Stay South
Ranked #295 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Hotel is garbage”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

From upon check in I was lied to about my reservation. I was never told the room I reserved would not be available. The room looked as if it has never been cleaned. I had to provide my own products. They had roaches. I get back after being out an evening to my door open and lights on. Once I spoke with the front desk she gave me attitude and asked why I didn't call the police for their establishment. I wasn't allowed to speak with the manager. I'm very disappointed and will NEVER stay at another one again.

• Stayed April 2013
7 Thank Wantgreatservice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I had a LATE flight from Detroit to Orlando for his parents wedding anniversary. We arrived at midnight and by the time we obtained our car, all we wanted was to sleep for a few hours and then get up and drive to their home in Daytona Beach. I chose this location because it was east of the airport and reasonable in price, etc.

OH MY! We arrived and went to our room. First of all the OUTDOOR hallway smelled like fresh cigarettes everywhere. Second, it was clear it wasn't just an extended stay place for business folks or local construction workers, but more like 18 year old kids who thought this would be a fun, "let's try this move out of the house," kinda place.

We arrived to our room to find that the sheets and comforter were ripped off the bed and thrown over one of two chairs in the room. A dim light was on and the air conditioning was on at about 60. The second chair was in 5 pieces on the floor, as it had clearly been used to break down the bathroom door, which was hanging off the hinge. There was a half eaten loaf of bread, dirty dishes in the sink and what appeared to be "club"kid materials on the table, if ya get my drift. The floor was full of brown, sticky stuff, which again, looked a little "club" suspicious. We were both scared to actually look into the bathroom, as I was a little concerned what we would find. Luckily, it was only a FILTHY floor and what appeared to be wiped up "brown stuff"on the floor. This place was out of control.

We took photos and high tailed it out of there. Both my husband and I expressed concerns for getting rolled on our way back to the car. Once to the car I called the emergency number and a property manager came to talk to us. The office closes at 11pm. He came downstairs and offered us a "clean" room, but no explanation for how someone was able to get into our room and do that much damage.

It is a very, very sketchy place. DO NOT STAY HERE, EVER. Forget bugs, forget cleanliness, it is straight up unsafe. They refunded our money, but had they not, I was going to call 911, I would not doubt an investigation.

It is an UNSAFE place. Spend a little more drive about two miles down the road to a hotel chain you have heard of, with a front desk that operates past 11pm with a late check in time.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Unsafe!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Ltropea13
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've stayed in some pretty bad places but this by far was the worst:

• It was gross:
• floors looked like they hadn't been cleaned in awhile. There were stains all over the gross dingy carpet.
• The "kitchen" and bathroom floors: looked like they hadn't been mopped in ages, walls: everything had smoking coloration & caked on residue on it from like past food and drink.
• We walked around the room in shoes the entire time.
• The door was not secure & looked as though it had been kicked in. (we packed & took our bags with us every time we left the room)
• This is not a good area at all DO NOT BRING YOUR FAMILY!!!!
• People who live there were out partying all night.
• Parking is a mess - I wouldn't leave valuables in the car

Room Tip: Just dont stay here. Pay the extra few more dollars to find a better more secure location!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank skilledeyes
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

To start off I do like the location. Everything is close. Are toilet didnt wanna flush right. We call down to front desk and no one ever shows up. We call back down next morning he claimed it was fixed but it's not. Dirty room. The carpets are nasty keep ur shoes on. I don't believe they know how to mop I had to use a rag and clean the bathroom n kitchen floor. I use to do housekeeping and we would do maid service every day. These people give u clean towels once a dam week. I'm about to ask for the vacuum so I can clean my own room. The towels we did get were stained with dirt. We had r garbage picked up only once so far. Bring ur own toilet paper cause they sure as hell don't wanna give u any. Stay the hell away from here if u want a clean room u won't get it here

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Mrsbarbie
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Wow, first of all the first room they gave me smelled like urine it took a full day to get the smell out my nose. And it had to be cats because I had a breathing attack. There was some illegal things some of the female residents was doing. The staff was good Paige and Reggie are helpful. But no place for a family.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank intuit9269
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Don't waste your money! The room I stayed in smelled terrible, the bed wasn't even a "double", the carpet was disgusting, the microwave was filthy, there were stains on the walls, the stove didn't even work, and it was just overall the worst hotel experience ever!

• Stayed December 2012
Rob P, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for leaving your honest review. We regret that you felt everything was old and that you had to deal with such an unpleasant odor. We strive to offer clean, comfortable rooms for all of our guests and truly deliver on the promise of making you feel as if you were in your own home. In the next month, we'll be starting a major renovation of our rooms, with new linens, curtains, carpets, etc. We hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future, and see if we can please you with our new updates. And don't hesitate to speak with me or my assitant to make sure everything during your stay is to your liking.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at Surburban Extended Stay in Orlando for almost a year. Very courteous, helpful staff. Housekeeping once a week and quick response to any questions or maintenance issues. Very quiet location, no hanging out or loitering. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Donna T
Rob P, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We will pass your comments along to the staff!