“loved it and hope to return soon”

Suburban Extended Stay South
Ranked #276 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 29, 2011

great place to stay with or without kids. all of the essential amenties and some! and idyllic location central to outlets parks. we found all of the staff to be helpful and pleasant the place is kept very clean and we even used the bar-b-q a couple of times great place many thanks to all staff especially the receptionist who went out of her way to retrieve our lost case! which was delivered to a sister hotel - and of course the maids who kept us well supplied with anything we needed. we ealso appreciated all day coffee on tap excellent.

Room Tip: room 229 had no problems 1
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Suburban Extended Stay South

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Suburban is the best hotel I ever stayed in. Well actually I dont consider it as a hotel,its like a studio apartment 2 me. It's real clean,quiet,and its affordable. They're not overcharging people. What hotel u gone find that supply u dishes,coffee maker,ice trays,etc. They also has da best cable and u can call anywhere 4 free u cant get no better than that. I love it and im here 2 stay. If you come to orlando or need a place to stay, please stop at Suburban I promise u wont be sorry.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank mcannon27
I_Love_My_Suburban, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments.

Your comments are like an OMG moment for us. Again, THANK YOU!

We are so pleased that you feel that we are the best hotel you have ever stayed with. I am glad that you also feel that you are staying in a Studio Apartment. While we are a Hotel and NOT an Apartment, we want you to feel that you do live here.

We do appreciate your comment about our prices. While we are just slightly higher priced than other hotels in our area, we do have, like you comment, the dishes, coffee maker, cutlery, stove top, and other things, that the other Hotels in the area, do not provide. We also have, what we feel, is a safe environment for our guests. We are off the 'beaten path' and the General Manger does live on the property. While this is your home, as long as you are here, it is the General Manger's home as well.

Our Cable channels are pretty cool, we do have a TON of them! Many rooms have a 32' Flat Screen TV too. We are upgrading our rooms!

Thank you for mentioning that we have Local and US Long Distance calls which are FREE!

We are so glad that you are here to stay.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

worse expirence of my life went with my daughter who is 8 and my mother in law rooms were discusting smelled horrible very small kids running around and cursing came to find out later they use it for people who are in goverment program who dont have apt then some weirdo followed me threw the hotel I had to run out at demanded my money back lucky for us the extended stay was across the street and had rooms available

Room Tip: stay away from here it is bad
  • Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank pjennymay
DJ_HappyCamper, Front Office Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

I'm sorry you received poor service from the hotel you have written about. It could not have been this hotel as we do not nor have we ever participated in any government program for people who do not have apartments. We don't believe you are speaking of this hotel as well because there is no extended stay property across the street. We are in an industrial park surrounded by office buildings and distribution warehouses.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

I called the hotel and spoke with Candy and she checked me in no problem. The next day speaking with Kelli she accepted my AAA discount along with my student I'd for a discount. At that point I had advised both Candy and Kelli that I would be staying at the hotel for up to a month and they told me no problem. Then a girl by the name of Tiffany from the front desk shows up to tell me I would have to change rooms. Still not clear as to why ? The next day I go to office to pay for my room and Tiffany tells me there are no rooms. Tiffany struggled to explain that I had no reservation when in fact I did make a reservation with the two front desk clerks previously. Terrible customer service. No Internet as advertised.

Room Tip: Speak with the manager.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

We apologize for any confusion but a confirmation number would have been given to you for your reservation. We had been having some internet difficulties and have a sign posted on our door to inform guests of this issue.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

During my stay at the Suburban, I noticed a few different things. They rooms were very clean. The staff was always friendly and available if you needed to contact them. It was very peaceful, quiet, and relaxing. It really felt like home without the noise and stress. There is minimal traffic at this location compared to some of the different hotels in town, its tucked away in a very nice setting next to a few very upscale educational establishments. The other guests were all very nice, I even had the opportunity to meet the General Manager, Tammie. She was very hospitable, nice, and runs a fine establishment. If your in Orlando, and would like to rest at a nice, clean, and hospitable place, give the Suburban Extended Stay a chance, you will NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

We appreciate your feedback and hope you visit us next time you are in the Orlando area.

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I got this place because of the location, the free wifi, and the kitchenette, and the pool. The area felt relatively safe, but close by it was a little sketchy. There are obviously a couple of people living in their vans in the parking lot, or at least hanging their laundry all over the car to dry. I arrived late at night after a long drive only to find the office locked up tight, and the afterhours call # busy. Someone showed up 10 minutes later, after I rang the bell repeatedly. The room I was given had no wifi available, and the refrigerator was broken. The staff was pretty helpful and attentive and they relocated me the next day. In the new room there are some dubious stains on a chair, busted furniture, tv controls broken. Oh, and the pool is green. Bummer.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
DJ_HappyCamper, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Thank you for your comments. While you were here we would have hoped that you would have brought these concerns to the attention of management. We do several property walk a rounds a day and we have not found anyone living in a van. You are correct about the office being “ locked up tight” if you arrived after 11pm as that is when our office closes. If the after hours number was busy it would have meant that we were taking care of a guest. Thank you so much for letting us know we are ahead of our game as we are required to respond within 15 minutes when someone calls/rings our night bell. Thank you as well for your compliment regarding our front desk staff. It is a genuine pleasure when I hear such nice compliments about the staff I have trained. Our property is older and we are slowly renovating our rooms with better quality items. The surface of the pool is scheduled to be cleaned which you may have mistaken for the pool being green. I'm sorry that one of the renovated rooms was not available while you were here. In the 18 months that this property has been under my direction our pool has never had a chemical imbalance problem that would have caused the pool water to turn that color.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Though this hotel was available with pretty cheap rate, I would not recommend somebody to go for it. The location of this hotel is excellent. But, the room I got was very small in size not very comfortable for family. There was no towel avialble in bathrom. Next day, I came to know, that I have to collect it from Check in couter. So, if you are checking in, please make sure, you ask for the towels

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

We'd like to thank you for your nice compliments regarding our hotel. In reference to your mention of the size of the room, I don't know how many people are in your family unit. Most of the families that stay here consist of 2 parents and 2-3 children and our rooms with 2 double beds seem to be adequate during there stay. We apologize if there were no towels in your room. That would have been an error on our housekeeping supervisor who is no longer employed here. I feel badly that you were misinformed that you had to collect towels at the office at check in time. The only policy we have had regarding towels would have been our towel exchange service. Between housekeeping our guest return there used towels to the front desk in exchange for clean ones.