“Nice, comfortable and good service”

Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area
Ranked #193 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Barrington, New Hampshire
“Nice, comfortable and good service”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have cause to stay at the Residence Inn Orlando East several times a year when traveling to the area on business. I've found the property to be neat, clean and conveniently located to the customer I visit, as well as numerous restaurant options. The staff is all very friendly and seem genuinely concerned about their guests' comfort. Of note is a particularly helpful and friendly employee by the name of Raheem. His courtesy and friendliness makes each stay a delight.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad to hear that your stay was nice, comfortable, and your service experience was pleasant. Additionally, thank you for taking the time to let us know which associate impacted your stay. I have ensured that management, as well Raheem, is aware of your review.

I hope that we continue to be your hotel of choice while visiting on business and that while staying with us that you have had the opportunity to utilize your guest discount available at several of the area restaurants! Until next time, I wish you safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I prefer the old style Residence Inn's but they are an endangered species. This is the newer style multi-floor format. Not the best RI I've stayed at, room was very noisy with Air Conditioner, refrig. etc. The Breakfast was missing some of the usual RI components but was still more than adequate. If you are in the UCF area this is a good place to stay. I will do it again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you plan to stay with us again if you return to the UCF area and thank you for your recommendation of us. We are pleased to announce that our property will be undergoing a renovation soon and hope that you get to experience the changes that we are excited to be bringing our guests!
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This property is an easy 20-30 minutes from Orlando International Airport depending on whether or not one takes the highways (bring change for tolls) or city streets.

We stayed in a spacious, apartment-like two bedroom suite on an upper floor. It had a studio-style kitchen, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living area---ideal for families (they also accept pets) or business or academic professionals needing a long-term stay. They also have Internet access and a computers and printers downstairs, though these business perks are in a multipurpose room. They also provide a gym, outdoor pool, and hot tub.

Meals are convenient here. The hotel offers daily hot breakfast and food for purchase next to the front desk. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance.

The accommodating and courteous staff goes out of their way to provide advise about and directions to the various area attractions, which are also a half to three quarters of an hour away. That said, the spaciousness of the rooms and the quiet location more than make up for that slight inconvenience.

I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2013
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review, I am pleased to hear of your high recommendation for our property! We do our best to provide outstanding services and amenities and are glad that you had a great stay with us. If you return to the area we hope to serve you again as our guest.
orlando, florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

stayed on a rewards stay 3 nights beginning Thursday and departing Saturday. Property is an older residence inn and is showing its age. Some good points and some not-so-good. Doubt I will stay here again. Main issue was lack of fresh fruit at breakfast and incredibly noisy A/C unit. Check in clerk was pleasant but not helpful as I had asked for a quiet room facing north (away from the intense August sun). Being a Marriott Gold member gave me the impression that my loyalty and preferences were meaningless. Gave me a south facing room and when asked to be moved, said nothing else was available. A/C unit literally shook the walls while turned on so we had to leave it on icy during the day and then turn it off at night.

NOTE: this residence inn does not have 2 bedded rooms. If you rent a room you get a queen sized bed. Not a very big sleeping area for 2 people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was average and that you felt as though your preferences are meaningless. We do our best to honor the requests of our guests, especially those of Elite status. Unfortunately during the time of your stay the entire area was sold out with UCF move-in so our options were extremely limited.

I apologize for the lack of fresh fruit during our breakfast hours and have passed on this comment on to our kitchen staff to address and correct any errors that had occurred to ensure that proper quantities are maintained throughout the breakfast hours. As for the A/C our engineering staff is looking in to this unit so the vibrations can be eliminated. I am sorry to hear of this after your departure but appreciate learning of the issue so we can correct it.

As for our rooms not having two beds in a room, our rooms are standard Residence Inn with Studio and One-Bedroom suites having one queen bed and a pull out sofa. We also have Two-Bedroom suites which have two separate bedrooms each with one queen bed. We hope you give us another chance to give you an experience that is above average and enjoyable and recommend our Two-Bedroom suites if you require a second bed. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I wish you safe travels!
California
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Though the Residence Inn is designed for extended stay, I spent two nights at this property earlier this month while traveling on business. Check-in was fast and efficient, probably taking me no more than a minute to get my keys and get to my room.

The one bedroom suite was comfortable with a separate living room from bedroom. That made for a comfortable stay. The room was clean and fairly modern. Though a kitchenette is great, I didn't get to take advantage of that during my stay.

The AM breakfast was convenient. Fruit, breads, juice and all were great. Though at wrong times the seating area can be very crowded.

My only issues with the room was that the AC unit is a bit loud. And though Residence Inn can't control this, taking a left turn onto University Blvd to head towards UCF is time consuming and folks requiring to make a left turn out of there should budget for a few extra minutes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I am pleased that you found our property comfortable for your business needs. Business travel can be difficult with all the new places traveled and we do our best to provide efficient, friendly service. When you return to the area we hope to see you again as our guest! Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
PA
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff at this Residence Inn were very friendly and accommodating. I was always greeted warmly and they went out of their way to ensure that I was comfortable throughout my stay. I arrived much earlier than the scheduled check in time but staff made it a point to very quickly get my room ready and get me checked in. The free breakfast was good and differed day to day. The pool area was fine and there were plenty of chairs and lounges though the towels provided at the pool were super small. I had a two bedroom suite which was clean and comfortable.

Great location with plenty of shopping minutes away. Down the road from UCF and about 30 minutes from the airport. Really happy with my stay. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay. While we always strive to provide the best service we appreciate hearing how our services impacted our guests' stays and are glad that we were able to accommodate your early check in and made your entire stay comfortable. We wish you safe travels and if you find yourself back in the area we hope to have you again as our guest!
Fort Lee, Virginia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is my second stay at a Residence Inn and once again I was satisfied with my choice of hotel. The staff at a Residence Inn is always professional and courteous at all times. Previous reviews were negative in regards to the breakfast and dinner selections, I was very pleased with the selections provided. I would return to this Residence Inn for business and/or leisure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff professional and courteous and that you were pleased with the food selections provided. We are glad to have made you satisfied with your choice of hotel for your past stays with us and look forward to seeing you again!