“You get what you pay for”

Red Roof Inn Orlando - International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #218 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Holland, Pennsylvania
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Average low priced hotel. Room Clean, bed comfortable. Stayed there because it was next to hotel I was attending a business meeting at. Staff friendly. Only thing I can think of was I had to pay extra for a safe that was already in the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank investdr
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando - International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services. I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Thai first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 14, 2014

When I checked into my room, the bedspread was dirty, there was food on the floor and hairs in the bed and bathroom area. There was no notepad for me to leave a note for housekeeping to change the bedspread. I got one at my conference I was attending at the convention center and finally left a note for them to clean the bedspread. The cleanliness of my room did not improve until I complained after four days of my stay. The person at the desk offered to move me to another room. By that point I was leaving soon and said I would stay in the same room if they lowered my bill. My room was much cleaner after complaining. However, I was pretty disappointed when I checked out and found they had only discounted my bill $18.90 after I had been in a dirty subpar room for four days until I complained and the situation improved. I had picked this hotel for its location near the convention center. I was also disappointed to discover other people in my department were also staying here and ended up with much nicer rooms. When I contested my bill, the hotel claimed they had only agreed to discount my room for one night. That's pretty sad that I was in a dirty room for four days before things improved and my bill was not discounted further. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe rooms if you can get it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimbee710
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Your voice is very important to us and we are continuously striving to improve upon the guest experience. We hope you'll return to give us a chance to impress you with a five star experience.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Nothing to fault on our stay for 1 week. Good location friendly staff. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Parking good, free coffee and tea at reception. Vending machines did not work 1 day. Pool ok.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words regarding the five star service and accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. We look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I went to the property last night. I had money and a credit card to pay with. The clerk informed me that my debit card was not the correct card and I would have to use another card. I said no that ids a credit card. He then informed me that they would have to charge my card even though I would be paying cash. I refused and left. The next day I called the owner a Mr. Patel. I explained what had happened and that I would be paying this on trip advisor and any other sites I could think of. Mr. Patel told me that if I did that I would be sued for slander. He threatened to take everything I owned. I would not stay at this hotel for anything in the world. I find his practices to be crude. If I were you I'd stay away.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank rubboss
I want to apologize for the misunderstandings and inconvenience that you experienced with our hotel staff and management.

I am sorry that we were not able to take the card that you wanted to use and that you were not informed in advance of the necessity to have a card. While many guests choose to pay in cash, we still request a credit card to ensure that we are prepared in case any guest decides to stay longer or even in the event that damages are caused. I am very sorry that this was not effectively explained to you and that the misunderstanding occurred in the first place.

Further, I want to assure you that we do not stand for threats or insults in any form to or from our guests, staff or management. In the hotel business, there are occasional misunderstandings and complaints to be addressed, and we are well prepared to remain professional and to be as accommodating as possible. This is in keeping with our ultimate aim to make you feel at home and to see you return.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed at the Red Roof for one night on 05/10/14 to celebrate our wedding and Mothers Day weekend. The area where the hotel is located is great it is very quiet and you can tell its safe. We reserved teh two double bed room. We did get a room by the pool which was great and the pool was very clean. The only thing I did not like about the hotel is that the room felt small, the carpet was dark and wasnt sure if it was dark or dirty. The lighting in the room was horrible. But, everything was clean including the bathroom. I dont know if I will stay again because the lighting in the room really turned me off.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando - International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services, though it is good to hear that you found the majority of your experience to be satisfactory. I am sorry for the issue with the lighting in your room and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope you'll return someday to see how we have addressed and improved upon these issues.
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly especially for working during the Christmas holiday.

Our room was clean and it did the job we needed to which was have an affordable hotel near SeaWorld. We were within a 10 minute drive to the park.

There was plenty of parking and many restaurants, gas stations, and drug stores close by.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LetsG0Family
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando - International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant Christmas experience during your stay at our Hotel. It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. We look forward to serving you again.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had a short presentation to do at the Orange County Convention Center and this place is a short 7 minutes walk away. It was a great deal through Travelocity, but unfortunately the room (#157) smelled very bad of mold. The sheets on one of the two full beds were very scratchy but fortunately the other one was fine. It did have internet and free coffee (no breakfast) but you could get a breakfast before 9:30 at the hotel next door for $3.95 by showing your room key. Be careful, they automatically charge you $1.50 to use the in-room safe, even if you don't use it. They'll take the charge off your bill if you tell them you didn't use it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank 169KenB
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We are committed to delivering the highest level of service to our guests. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures to better achieve our primary goal. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies. Thank you for giving us the insight into how we can better serve our guests in the future. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!