“Not up to La Quinta standards”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area
Ranked #221 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Usually I love staying at La Quinta Inns because they are reasonably priced, clean, and pet-friendly. However, this hotel was horrible. It was dirty and the housekeeping staff was not very friendly or helpful (their carts blocked the hallways at all times and they never seemed interested in moving out of the way for people with suitcases). The "free breakfast" was nothing but a free-for-all with little selection, and nowhere to sit. The elevator did not work. The hallways were gross - carpet was filty and they smelled bad. I was extremely disppointed at the lack of quality at this Inn. At least the price was ok, and it was close to Universal Studios, but I can't say much else positive about it (unfortunately).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed January 6, 2010

This hotel served its purpose. It was close to the park for me and the kids. We were given a good breakfast and a clean room. That is what we needed. Next time I am in Orlando and going to the parks, I will stay here. Its location was really convenient.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2009

My family and I were in Orlando for the parks so we stayed here. Its right next to Universal which was great for us. The rooms we had were clean and they gave us a filling breakfast. The staff answered all the questions we had. Could not ask for more.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2009

This location is horrible, DO NOT STAY HERE...... I usually stay at La Quinta because we bring our small dogs with us on local trips. This location is dirty and very subnormal for a La Quinta. Our room stunk of cat urine and the management would not do anything about it......
The next morning at breakfast we observed the breakfast attendant take food that has fallen and place it back into the dispenser. Overall, I will never even look the direction of this location. Sad thing is, the hotel itself is somewhat new..........oh well....

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank lifesavr65
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We recently stayed at this La Quinta and went to Universal Studios on a whim. Surprised to find a nice hotel, very modern in appearance with well appointed and carpeted hallways, elevator, 3 stories and inside entrances.
Breakfast, although just waffles, coffee, cereal, fruit and juice is included with your stay from 6-10...
Great attentive staff. (We arrive several hours before check-in with our pet Chihuahua and asked if we could get in early. The Desk Manager and the head of the maid staff worked hard and quickly to accommodate us...Bravo La Quinta!
Great Area it is close to Universal/Islands of Adventure avoid the 12 dollar parking as you can walk down Major Drive to the City-Walk stairs entrance...why not; you will be walking and standing in the parks anyway...
Great Experience, so we extended our stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2009

I stayed here after staying at a very nice La Quinta near UCF. This one shows sign of wear and the room had a very funky unpleasant smell. The TV's are old and not worth a return trip. Needs a major make-over. Oh, I had to change my room because the hotel allows pet and I was initially placed in a room next to a very lonely dog who barked non-stop.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I chose the LaQuinta because they offer 2 queens instead of 2 doubles. Pets are allowed, although we didn't bring ours this trip. I never saw or heard any pets. The room was standard, but clean. We were just across the street from Universal Studios. You could walk it, but we thought walking around the park all day would be enough. The hotel does offer a shuttle, but in the winter it only goes over once in the morning and picks up once when the park closes. That wouldn't work for us, so we didn't use it. The breakfast was adequate, but I would have liked to have seen some yogurt offered. We had dinner at the Kobe Japanese Steakhouse around the corner and the food was great! Also, just 10 minutes to the Mall of the Millinea. Good food at BJ's grill across from the mall next to Olive Garden. Great deep dish pizza.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family