“Okay, but room for improvement”

La Quinta Inn Orlando - Universal Studios
Ranked #208 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Buffalo, New York
“Okay, but room for improvement”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

There was nothing horribly bad about our stay, but I do see room for improvement. The linens and towels were okay, but could be updated. Bed was okay. The continental breakfast was okay, but there was no variety. By that I mean that each day had the same items. Perhaps replace bagels with English muffins or try some different muffin flavors...just change it up a bit. When we 1st got into the room, a pillowcase had a noticeable stain on it. There were three lamps in the room, but it still seemed a bit dark unless the curtains were open. There could be a larger trash can by the 1st floor elevator because guests would pile up garbage there. The weirdest thing was the maid service. On several occasions the maid would knock on the door and ask us for our dirty towels. She would then come back later w/fresh towels that you could tell had just come out of the dryer. Maybe we weren't out of our room long enough for her to do what she needed to do. I don't know. We stayed from a Friday afternoon to a Tuesday morning. The only day our room was completely done was on Sunday when we were away for 21 hrs for the Daytona 500. I do think they are either short staffed or have limited laundry facilities for the amount of linens and towels. The maid, however, was extremely courteous so it was difficult to get too aggravated with the situation. Another issue, very minor, was that they had no luggage racks in the room and none were available. There was a microwave, refrigerator, iron, and ironing board. The staff was friendly. I wish I could give the visit more than an okay. I think some changes would really up my rating of this facility.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SuzyQ296
Abdel J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Orlando - Universal Studios, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay. . I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success. The issues that you have described in your review have been brought to the attention of the Head of housekeeping and a action plan has been implemented to ensure that they have been corrected. I hope that you will give us a second chance the next time that you travel to Orlando to so we can show you how hard we are working to make each and every guest stay a truly memorable success.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This inn is very convenient to the Orange County convention center. The lobby is not well lit, rooms are clean and quiet. In the room coffee is the sad variety with the plastic cups and small pods and the breakfast coffee is worse. The breakfast coffee is made from coffee syrup and hot water. Breakfast options are sparse, though there are several waffle makers. Not a classy place but convenient and adequate.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Feedback such as yours helps us improve our operations on a daily basis.Thank you for your business and we look forward seeing you again during your next trip to Orlando.
Ontario
Reviewed February 22, 2014

If this was helpful click YES!
Where to start?
The luggage cart had a broken wheel, and the clerk said yes its broken and the other one one was stolen carry your luggage. Thanks for that handy advice, my disabled senior parents appreciated that.
Check in was quick, we had a cot reserved but didn't need it. The family right beside me had 4 people in a room with a King bed. The clerk told them they had no cots right after I said I didn't need mine. (wow would they do that to me to??)
The room had a bad smell that we couldn't figure out what it was.
The rooms are normal LaQuinta though so if you get a good deal its worth it. But I wish I would have stayed at Doubltree that I paid $65 a night for.
The coffee in the morning was always empty and the woman prepping breakfast was very rude to customers.
No hot breakfast here, only hard boiled eggs but it was ok. Could have been better if they at least had a microwave.
The toaster was broken and the clerk and server didn't really care, just yes it is broken.
The eating area is so small we had to stand for 3 of our 4 breakfasts. The area also has a lip around it so chairs can't be moved outside of it.
All in all I won't stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Gunth
Abdel J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Orlando - Universal Studios, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. . I am sorry that the hotel did not fit the standard of what you expected and I ensure that this will be fixed.I will look into each and every issue you described and ensure that will be corrected. Never the less I would like to make things right.Once again thank you for your business and feedback and hope that you will give us a second chance to show you that we are working hard to earn your trust and satisfaction in our product and service

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We booked by phone after seeing it on line and got a better rate than the booking companies were offering.
The beds were very comfortable for a good nights sleep and he towels were very nice. The continental breakfast was sufficient. The location was excellent for the Holy Land Experience which was where we were going. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dear guest ,we are glad that you liked our hotel and we are so thankful for your nice compliments about our property.I. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La quinta Inn and is our most top priority. Please ,don't hesitate to make a reservation for our hotel again. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Orlando.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Run! Find another hotel, but don't book here! I made a reservation but needed to cancel it, which I did well in advance of my stay. The hotel, however, went ahead and charged me anyway!! After talking to the general manager, Abdel Jabri, and asking that the charge be refunded, he laughed, asked me what I'll do about it, and hung up the phone! I'm already in the process of dealing with the issue via other means, but DO NOT MAKE A RESERVATION WITH THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Brian M
Unfortunately we have to tell you that your story was not true from the beginning to the end. All your story was made up and falsified .You made your reservation with booking.com and you never cancelled it and you got charged for 1 night as no show ,then you called the hotel and demanded a refund. You told us that you cancelled your reservation with booking.com which was a lie and then you started deisrespectful and nasty threat against me . Maybe you forgot to mention on this trip advisor page that you threatened me to refund you your money or you will make my life a "hell "
This is your level of education how you treat people and reslove issues. You are far beyond to be called educaded and professional .Your story was made up and falsified .You never cancelled your reservation with booking.com and all your comments about our hotel is a complete and disgusting lie. The hotel is not going to apologize or offer any kind of compensation to you .Your nasty and intolerant behavior are not welcome at our property
Bonaire, Georgia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Even though it was raining the entire day, arriving at the La Quinta was like finding a ray of sunshine through the clouds. The manager on duty, "Mo" immediately engaged me verbally, even though he was assisting other customers who were checking in at the time. His professionalism and training was clearly evident as he handled the check-in briefing on the hotel amenities, the continental breakfast, the Wi-Fi in the rooms, and the usage of the pool. My wife and I were traveling with our two small dogs and that is the reason why we stay at La Quinta hotels. The room had hardwood flooring, which is perfect for small dogs, like ours. The location is directly across the street from Universal studios in Orlando and right near lots of attractions and restaurants. Mo and his staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and appreciated. I would stay here again at anytime. Keep up the great work! Go La Quinta!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank georgiatraveler787
Dear guest it was our pleasure to have you .We use your comments to improve our service and product .We are glad that you liked our hotel and thank you very much for your compliment about our service and about our staff member. We work very hard to do whatever it takes to make sure our customers enjoy their stay. We would like you to know that your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn is our most top priority.

PA
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Location is great and we find it convenient as we travel to Port Canaveral. Close to the bee line and a lot of eateries close by. The breakfast serving is not anything to write home about though. There is no bacon or sausage served. Waffles and cereal only go so far.

Stayed February 2014
Dear guest ,Thank you vey much for your comments , we use your comments to improve our service and product. As regards to breakfast, we apologize for not having sausage and bacon on breakfast menu ,but we are planning to upgrade our menu .and we would like to inform you that Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn is our most top priority. Please ,don't hesitate to make a reservation for our hotel again