La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area
$91
$76
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$261
$191
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$212
$493
$391
Hotels.com
All reviewsa pet friendly hotelroom was cleanhard boiled eggsfree shuttlebreakfast barfirst flooryogurttheme parkdefinitely stay here againpetslqparksprintermicrowavewalgreensstarbucks
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel is well worn to say the least. The lobby needs some major renovation. The tiles are cracked and there is black scum on the grout between the tiles. This is your first impression when you leave the front desk and head to your room. This cracked time theme was repeated in our room as well. The grout was black where there was foot traffic and a light gray where there wasn't. So I'll let you guess why?

The bed was the absolute worst I have ever slept in. Or maybe I should say, not slept in. This thing should have been retired years ago. When I stand here and look at it, there are two large impressions, that look like two 500 lb. Sumo wrestlers laid in the bed for weeks at a time.

I will say the desk clerks were always pleasant. The breakfast was the absolute minimum I have seen at a La Quinta. I am a La Quinta Returns member, and I stay at their hotels nationwide.

I stayed here two nights. I tried to find another hotel after the first night but could not find anything suitable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mmhailey
Abdel J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. We use your comments to improve our service and product. We apologize for the issues you mentioned. but as for mattress beds we have new pillow top mattresses in all our rooms but still we would like to apologize for everything you experienced and would like to inform you Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn Universal is our most top priority. Dear guest we will do whatever it takes to provide quality service to achieve your trust .Thank You for your comments

Abdel Jabri

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. The grounds are kept clean and tidy and so is the lobby. The room was clean and didn’t smell. I loved how it has a hair dryer! I used the pool and it was pretty clean. The pool could have used more water since the water level appeared low but I wasn’t picky about that. The breakfast was decent. They had muffins, bagels, cereal, and you can make your own waffles. The orange juice was the best I have ever tasted! The breakfast area is in the lobby so there are limited seats available, so get there early! I liked how the staff kept up with the breakfast and made sure everything was clean and refilled whatever ran low. Overall this hotel and my stay were pleasant and comfortable. The location is pretty quiet and even inside the hotel when I stayed there it was quiet (and this was in August!) The only things that they can improve on are adding more vending machines (with bigger water bottles!) The vending machine had tiny water bottles for the price of a regular size one. And also the remote on the TV didn’t work very well. But those are minor things. I would gladly stay here again in the future; the price is a bargain!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I find most of the La Quintas nice but i was extremely impressed with this one. My title says it all...extremely clean and very friendly. Close to shops, public transit and fabulous restaurants. ALL staffs were smiling and very helpful. Room was very well laid out with all amenities. the continental breakfast was plenty. Oh ya, just because it's pet friendly don't let the price fool you. You cant beat the price of LQ for a great bed, fresh sheets and quality, clean, updated rooms. Way to go LQ Orlando!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barreya
Reviewed September 20, 2013

September in Florida is traditionally the slowest month - which is good if you're in Orlando on business. The La Quinta across the road from Universal Studios is well used but also well maintained and best of all, the cost for a night's stay with two queen beds was $65.

Honestly, for the high quality of the room, bedding, pillows, decent flat screen, clean bathroom -- I don't know how they do it - volume, I guess. Whatever it is that allows this hotel to offer above average everything, nice pool and a breakfast thrown in, I'm all for it. You and your family cannot go wrong here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Planetary-Advisor
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We traveled to Orlando on an impromptu 4 day trip. Because it was was so sudden, we thought to save some money and reserved a motel (NOT La Quinta!) through an online service for 30 dollars a night.We couldn't check in until after 3 PM so we went up and went to the theme parks for the day. After an exhausting day of theme park chaos, we went to check in and on entry to the lobby, witnessed three guests complaining about theft and room cleanliness. We thought we were stuck so we proceeded with check in. We went up to our non-smoking room and were greeted with the reek of a cigar bar. There was illegal substance (we believed) smeared on the desk. The carpets, linens and even the desk chair were filthy with stains. We didn't even put our luggage down for fear of catching something. We went directly down and checked out even under threat of losing the night's payment. We immediately called around to find a La Quinta. We ALWAYS have good experience at La Quinta. They had a room available, took us right in AND the hotel was directly across from our theme park. Yes, it was twice the fee. But MUCH less than others we had looked at. We were relieved as we walked into their lobby and were greeted by the friendly staff and as we checked in to our clean-smelling and beautifully clean and decorated room. They are pet friendly. We didn't take our pets this time but this is a plus for us. We stayed for a few days and housekeeping did a beautiful job of keeping our room clean. Thank you La Quinta for such great service!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family