“Good Budget Hotel close to Univeral/Islands of Adventure”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area
Ranked #215 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights on our visit to Universal's Islands of Adventure. Hotel is just 2-3 miles away from theme park and was very convenient. I did not know this earlier, but they also run a free shuttle to the Theme Park. Could be a good way to save on parking charges. Hotel rooms were very clean and good. I was satisfied with my stay and would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good budget hotel near universal theme park.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kapil S
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area

Reviewed November 29, 2011

We spent 2 nights at La Quinta Inn as part of a short trip to Universal Studios. Only days prior to our arrival did I learn that it was a "pet-friendly" hotel. This made me very nervous and I almost searched for another hotel. My fears ended up being unwarranted. We arrived after 11 pm and the young lady at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. We went to our room to unwind from the day's travels. I was a bit underwhelmed with the hotel and room (it seemed a bit worn and dated), but I had stayed at the Intercontinental in downtown Toronto on a business trip a week prior...so I was a bit spoiled. My wife was comfortable with the room, and after a while I was fine with it too. After all, at a fraction of the cost of the Intercontinental, this was clean, cheap, quiet, and gave us a comfy place to lay our heads. Our window faced directly at the hotel next door, so we were careful with our curtains. We had the continental breakfast the first morning and waited for the shuttle to Universal (it was full, so we had to wait for a second trip). I noted that the young man at reception did not seem as friendly as the young lady from the evening before. After an incredible day at Universal we caught the only shuttle back to the hotel at 7 pm. The young lady from the night before was back and gave us directions for food and Walgreens. I saw comments on here from people complaining about the distance to restaurants. Seriously? There was fast food (Wendy's, Burger King and McDonalds) AND sit down restaurants within 2 or 3 blocks of the hotel! Anyway, we saw our first and only dog as we returned to our room that second night. So, no problems with barking, noise or smells from our experience. Parking was available and problem-free. Overall, our stay was what we needed it to be.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ThunderMonkey65
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I worked remote the week of Thanksgiving so I could spend the holiday with my son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren. La Quinta, as usual, has the best people working with them. I arrived in the evening on Sunday and Shey' (spelling) had me taken care of in no time. My dog travelling with me isn't a problem at La Quinta I guess they know a big dawg like me can take care of a little dog travelling with him :-)

There was a continential breakfast in the morning (not as good as the La Quinta in Hattiesburg, but still good) No matter what I needed there is always a smiling face and a willing hand at the front desk ready to help me out. I am not a big fan of working from a hotel room but the La Quinta has everything you need to do it. Then we my days of slaving at the keyboard was done they are close enough to everything to where my grandkids and I were never bored. I suggest you stay at the La Quinta especially if Rover is part of your family vacation plans.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ericm37022
LQ0992, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Orlando - Universal La Quinta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
At La Quinta Inn, we are constantly striving to provide excellent service and satisfaction to all of our guests and their pets. We are especially grateful when a guest takes the time to write postive comments regarding their stay at LaQuinta Inn Universal Orlando.

We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Orlando Fl.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Just there last week for a one-night stay. Arrived after 9 pm and reception desk helpful. We mentioned about going to the park and she offered for us to leave our suitcases behind the desk if we did not want to put them in the trunk of the car. Room on third floor was pleasant, furnished nicely and clean. They had left the a/c on and it was a tad chilly when we walked in. Beds were comfortable and it's great the entire hotel was non-smoking. We did not use the pool. Enjoyed the 'continental breakfast' which was a choice of juices, coffee, milk, yougurt, mini danish, various breads and mini bagels and hard boiled eggs plus cereal and make your waffles. Bought a one day admission ticket from the concierge desk at full price. Saved time not waiting on line. The 8:45 am van was full and returned for us ten minutes later. As the only return was 7 pm and we were done by 3 pm and wanting to do other things, we cabbed back for $6 plus tip. There is wi-fi; but, the computer in the lobby is permanently broken, so don't plan to print out a boarding pass. Our room was toward the back, closer to the highway; but, we didn't hear a sound from our room. Nor, any barking or other guests making noise. This place and the other two adjacent mini-hotels are on a quiet, corporate building street with no restaurants or other businesses near by. But, again it's a quick cab ride over to Universal Walk with more options than you could use in a month....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jonagold4
LQ0992, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

At La Quinta Inn, we are constantly striving to provide excellent service and satisfaction to all of our guests. We are especially grateful when a guest takes the time to write postive comments regarding their stay at LaQuinta Inn Universal Orlando.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

This was a great stay when we visited Universak. Very convenient location and great price. The breakfast was great and the staff was helpful in showing me the way around town. I plan on visiting again during my next trip to Universal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MarioVargas121
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Hotel was very close to Universal Studios. Had 2 queen size beds....one was very firm...the other much softer. No vacuuming done for the 3 nights we were there. Very strange odor in the elevator and lots of dust near the elevator fan. Breakfast served 6-9am. Waffles, muffins, hard boiled eggs, toast, cereals and fruit. Hotel was ok...just very blah.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I will stay at this inn if I found myself in Orlando again. The wifi did not work even though it was part of the "special". The price was right, it was clean, and a decent place to spend a few days.Did Halloween Horror and would like to return next year!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
LQ0992, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

We hope to see you again soon.