Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,104 results
All reviews pirate ship mini golf ping pong sea world marriott vacation putt putt course full kitchen splash pad washer and dryer water slides bedroom villa great family resort daily activities planned activities time share basketball court stayed in building
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at Marriott for a week for our trip to Disney. Great location not too far from Disney as we had a rental car. Staff was accommodating and awesome facilities for the kids. The outdoor spa was one of the biggest I have seen and such a great spot to hang out after a full day out. Very family friendly resort.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2020

1 STAR … be VERY AWARE OF YOUR BILL. **Please read**
I booked directly with Marriott and paid for my stay here on August 10th. Per my confirmation
I checked in on December 22nd and check out on 29th. I also received an email from Marriott with
a confirmation number and the total amount for my stay. Please note, my email stated TOTAL AMOUNT
FOR MY STAY. On December 22nd I check in and on December 29th I check out. When I got home
I checked my credit card and to my surprise I had an additional charge on December 25th (3 days into my
stay reflecting) almost for the same amount I paid on my original TOTAL stay – per my confirmation email.
When I reached out to the front desk they claim they made an error back in August and my charges were split,
thus I had to pay the difference so they charged my credit card 3 days later – with out my knowledge. Floored
I provided my email to them, in addition to my credit card statement thinking it was clear that I paid for my TOTAL
stay and I did not anticipate or authorize additional charges. They stated because I added an additional
person to my stay the reservation split 2 ways and I owed money, thus they went ahead and charged me
for that other half. I never heard of such a thing. Considering I had no knowledge of this charge, in addition to
having a confirmation reflecting my TOTAL STAY charges and my statement with the matching charge - I seriously thought
the error would be clear to see and fix.. but apparently they take no ownership and place the sole blame
on me for not knowing about the error in their system…which at the end costed me double to stay. I NEVER
experienced anything like this at Hyatt or any other Hotel. Not even at that the end of stay did they have
the honesty to show me this extra charge. I was only provided one folio reflecting a few charges for food ect.
I NEVER wrote a bad review about a location.. even when it was bad. But when a HUGE company like Marriott
acts in a fashion which is dishonest it is truly dishearten. By the way Marriot is most likely going to send me to
the Marriot Customer service which has already sent me back to the hotel…which has again put the blame on me... thus I say.. make sure you keep
track of the charges you have from the day you check in to the day you leave and make sure to check your credit
card statement. DISHONEST !

1  Thank 807marcosj
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Stayed for the first time on NYE in advance of a trip to Amelia Island and the Gator Bowl. Location is good for Sea World access and not to far from Disney. (note: trick your GPS into taking the back roads to Disney not the interstate to save time) Room was fresh and clean, although a bit on the small side. Only interaction was at check in which was pleasant.

Reviewed January 5, 2020

Very nice place. We have been there many times. The poor pirate ship is in worse shape every year we go. Half the cannons are either partially or completely broken. We have noticed after going there a few times that the entertainment schedule is on the exact same rotation. Same people, same times, every week. It was nice the first few times but we are definitely ready to try something new. The food is pretty basic bar food, but not bad for a limited menu. Staff is very pleasant.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2020

This resort is primarily designed for families. The staff is very friendly and geared towards making families happy. The resort has great amenities for families including a small soccer field, basketball courts, a surprisingly fun mini golf course and great pools/spray park for kids.

Close proximity to all the major theme parks. We were able to Uber back and forth from the parks.

If you are looking for a romantic getaway perhaps look at other Marriott resorts in Orlando.