“Great location, clean and quiet”

Marriott's Harbour Lake
Ranked #15 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We stayed at the Marriott Harbour Lake from Feb 26-Mar 3. After the crazy days at Disney this was a nice and welcome change. The resort is clean and reasonably quiet. As mentioned in other reviews we were close to the highway and it was a little noisy but you are in the middle of Orlando and close to everything so I did not find it a real deal breaker. We were in bldg 29 and everything was clean and comfortable. The staff are very helpful and accomodating. We did get a few calls for the Marriott vacation club etc but nothing was a hardsell and we were not bothered by that. All calls to housekeeping etc were answered very quickly. There was nothing wrong we just needed extra blankets and coffee filters,these were delivered within a half hour, I felt that this was very good service. The resort is lovely and the grounds impeccable.I would return to this resort in a minute and would recommend this to friends and family. I was worried about booking a resort in Orlando as we do not know the area very well, I consider this one a real find and would be happy to stay there again.

1  Thank elliegirlFredericton

Reviewed March 4, 2010

This place used to be called Horizons. It was changed for unknown reasons. We had a 2 bedroom which was nice and large with a huge kitchen with stainless steel appliances. We were in building 14 which is too close to the highway and you can hear the noise from the road in the kitchen and the 2nd bedroom. The pool area is nice. There are 2 large hottubs by the pool. The miniature golf course was fun. Our biggest complaint about this place was that the staff was not friendly or accommodating at all and we did not receive housekeeping for 2 days. One day we left our room early in the morning and returned at 4:30. The maid had not been in the room yet. When we called the front desk we were told that she was still working on it. Really? At 5 pm. We were exhausted and were not leaving the room so we just told her to bring us towels and shampoo. We were paying guests not vacation club and housekeeping should have been provided to us earlier than 5pm. If you can overlook those issues and get a room that isn't so close to the highway I would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank napagirl2
Reviewed March 4, 2010

This was our second stay at Harbour Lake; my wife and I stayed last year and decided to bring her children and grandchildren this time. There were 12 of us and we reserved two condos right next to each other. There was no problem with sleeping accomodations at all, as this facility has ample room for 6 in each condo. The staff is very friendly and the place is very clean. There are two large swimming pools; one that is ideal for kids to spend an entire day in, and the other I would recommend for the adults. There is a large lake with sitting areas and a path that travels around the facility with outdoor bar-b-q gas grills scattered throughout. It's right off of I-4 Sea World exit, and it's 5 minutes to the theme park. It's about 20 minutes to Disney from door to parking lot. Trememdous amount of restaurants in the area as well as plenty of supermarkets and convenience stores. The outlet mall is also very close and it features plenty of stores. It's secluded enough for privacy, yet very convenient to be anywhere else in minutes. We can't wait to do this again, probably with another couple.

2  Thank YoCoop
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I found this hotel from RoadTripHelper.com via thier hotels map, and it was a great place to stay with the family. Very relaxing trip it was.

Reviewed February 7, 2010

Stayed feb 2010. Great heated pools. Felt very safe, lots of security and gates.

My room was in oldest building but was really nice and clean. We are definately coming back!

1  Thank Musman2
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We stayed at the Marriott Harbor Lake from Jan 27-Feb 1 2010. Me, my husband and 4 year old daughter stayed in building 28 in a one room villa. We selected the property because of its high rating on Trip Advisor and because we like to have a kitchen for breakfast. I gave this property a 5 due to the layout of the rooms. To me, enough space plus adequate storage areas (dresser drawers, closets, pantry’s) is very important. I am an organization FREAK! The Marriott gets an A+ for layout and storage areas. Décor means a lot to me in my home, but it really isn’t a deal breaker for me at a hotel, but the décor in our room (building 28 hasn’t gone under renovation) gets a D-. The other newly renovated buildings were full. If décor is important to you, then try to request those prior to check-in. But after staying in bldg 28, I really liked its location. We overlooked the pool from our balcony and were very close to everything – Pool, gym and front desk. It was too chilly to enjoy the pool, but it looked very cute for kids. We also didn’t get to experience anything else the resort offered, but it looked like they had a lot.. probably enough to enjoy one day at the resort.

Kitchen

Pros: Nice size. Nice Layout. PLENTY of seating. Liked the booth part for my daughter since she still can’t sit still in a chair. They provide dishwasher soap and Palmolive dish soap. Nice size pantry – we used for kitchen items and non-kitchen items for organization. The laundry closet is off the kitchen and they provide a one load tide packet.

Cons: Only one skillet and a small one at that! Coffee Maker leaked. No pot holders.

Bathrooms

Just a standard size tub and shower. Water pressure ok. NO makeup mirror ladies! But good lighting.

Bedroom

Decent size with 4 big drawers. Bed was a 5 (scale of 1-10) for comfort. Not the most uncomfortable, but not the most comfortable either!

Living Room

We didn’t have the newly renovated room with flat screens, but it was still a big screen. Roll out bed in couch. Nice Size. Balcony was off the living room and very large compared to most hotel balconies

General

It was nice that it was gated, kind of a pain to always grab your keycard when coming back in. Housekeeping was adequate. Staff was always friendly and helpful.
We felt like it was a great location in proximity of all the parks. Very close to Seaworld and also close to all the Disney parks. In fact, I wouldn’t want to stay on a Disney property after seeing how busy that area is, especially because we went in what they consider their deadest month! The hotel is still very close and it is so nice to drive out of all that craziness. We never once were bothered by the nearby highway or any other noises and we live in the country in total quiet. Definitely rent a car. And send a member of your party to the rental car counter the moment you step off the plane because the lines were very long for us. Especially for Thrifty. Thrifty was truly onsite and usually has the best rates. Be careful, because some say they are onsite, but they actually just have a shuttle ‘onsite’ that takes you to their offsite location like Hertz.

Restaurants and Theme Parks

The only night we tried to go to downtown Disney was on Saturday night and it was so crazy that we couldn’t find a parking space. We liked the area before the Disney resort entrance.. it was less crowded and had plenty of options and this was still very close to the hotel. One of our favorites was Bahama Breeze. Very cute and excellent food. I recommend the Publix for groceries. It is close and has a wide selection – so much better then Super Walmart! We only had 2 hours to spend at the Premium Outlets, but I think that was best, or I would have spent a lot of $$! I loved the Guess store and spent most of my time there. Go to their website for a complete listing of stores. Our top two favorite parks (keep in mind we have a 4 year old) were Animal Kingdom and Seaworld. If you go to Seaworld, take advantage of the Dolphin Cove and feed the dolphins. In the Caribbean islands we visit, it is usually $100/pp to have some type of a dolphin experience, and here it is only $7/pp. That gets you one small tray of about 5 fish to feed the dolphin. If I had to do it again I would have bought 2 trays per person because you have to wait in line again if you decide you want more and it does go fast! We also dined with Shamu and that was really cool and to my surprise the buffet was really good too. They had a promo going to get a 2nd day free, so we did shows day one and fed the animals day 2.. this worked great! I would skip the Sea Otter show. Although they did some cute things, the humor is like hee-haw humor and got really boring really fast. The funniest thing about the show was the Pirate guy that escorted people to their seats. You must ride Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom! Out of all the attractions we went on, this was #1! Dinoland is really cute and the Lion King show was the best show we saw. Nemo is cute and our daughter really liked it, my husband was bothered by the people controlling the sea creatures, but he is a typical GUY! We never found the Magic at Magic Kingdom, but our daughter isn’t into the whole princess thing, so that was one big reason. And also, it was the busiest of all parks. I think it is awesome to keep a few of the really good classic rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and It’s a Small World, but there were so many that just felt like you were at a 1960’s theme park.. It was disappointing after standing in line to get on such an old technology type attraction. I would totally skip Peter Pan and Snow White’s Scary Adventure. We also didn’t like Stitches Great Escape at all! My daughter actually asked if it was time to go back to the hotel yet! I saved it for the last day thinking we would lead up to the best park, instead it was a disappointment. You seriously have to wait in line to have a picture with a character. Just not worth it to us, it is just a big cattle call at an old park. I really thought January would be a great month to go, and maybe it is compared to the summer crowds, but wow – We even had to stalk a table for lunch because they were all full in a very large fast food type place. Magic Kingdom was full of fried unhealthy foods. We felt like there were more European vacationers then Americans. And beware of the rent-a-rascals, they will run you over and they get to go into the quick handicapped lines and sit up front at shows. I am all for treating true handicapped people with total respect, but I would say 90% of the rascal riders were just overweight lazy Americans that could have truly used the exercise of walking around the park. All in all we had a good time in Orlando, but we hadn’t been for 11 years and I am fine with waiting 11 more.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
12  Thank MIDWESTROBIN
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Absolutely a GREAT place for a family with children!
PROS: Location close to Seaworld (<1 mile) & International Drive; Lots of entertainment and activities for kids. Pirates theme. No pressure to buy timeshare. Beautiful pools and play areas. Staff was GENUINELY friendly and helpful. Unit was spotless. Bed is even more comfy than at home!
CONS: Small studio units with very small kitchen sink. Bath water does not get very hot. Very slow wireless connection - got kicked off every 5-10 minutes. Noise from neighbors on the last night - thin walls.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business