Well, first let me say we never used the pools or other amenities because we were only there for the July 4 wknd and spent most of our time at Disney.
But, I totally loved having a two bedroom, two bath villa with full kitchen and all flatware, cookware, and tableware for 8 at my disposal. And a combo washer/dryer, even if I never used it.
I actually got a great deal due to my Marriott membership (one night free with purchase of two nights) and the total price was less than two nights at Disney Animal Kingdom standard room (which I've also reviewed).
- Lots of room
- Very clean and nice decor
- Up-to-date appliances (stove is newer than mine at home)
- Great view (Villa # 1243)
- Great A/C (My husband is always stuffy at Disney, but no trouble here and it kept 70-75F easily)
- Literally seconds from I4 exit (great for getting to Disney).
- One block from SeaWorld (almost walkable but not with toddlers)
- No real serious ones
- Our rooms were limited with outdoor light (small windows) so needed electric light even during the day in the bedrooms).
Recommendations for travelers:
- Shop at nearby Publix (2 blocks East on Central Florida Parkway) and have breakfast or snacks in house
- If you're going to be on property for a while, they have lots of kiddie activities and the waterplay areas looked great.
- Don't travel on Central Florida Parkway after 8:30 am or late afternoon. SeaWorld traffic is ridiculous. Shortcut that may help is to take a right on SeaWorld Drive from Westwood and then you have the right-of way to turn right on CFP.
- If you get a room/villa with a balcony facing north, you have a great view of the SeaWorld and Universal Studios fireworks at 9pm nightly. Our balcony faced South, so we stood in front of our door on the fourth floor of bldg 12.
Recommendations for Hotel:
- Do housekeeping earlier in the day. The two days we were there they came at 5:30pm.
- Elevators seem slow and are very hot. The corridors aren't that visually appealing either but that may be a factor of them being outdoors.
Overall, our 3yo son loved it, as did my inlaws. As for the distance, I've stayed on Disney and driven almost as long to get to the park so offsite is fine for me.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Harbour Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Harbour Lake Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Harbour Lake
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Horizons Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Horizons Marriott Orlando