“Enjoyed our stay”

Marriott's Harbour Lake
Ranked #15 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom refurbished villa. Was very clean and loved the decor. The front desk employees were very friendly and nice. Always addressed me by name every time I would walk into the lobby. Resort is small which makes it nice since everything is in walking distance. Decor of the resort is like being in Key West...cobblestone streets and colorful buildings. There is a lot of families with children. Not many events for adults. We were four adults and still had a great time anyway.

1  Thank disney07us

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to the MHL after spending a week at the Sheraton Vistana Villages, and maybe that's why we were disappointed here. The room was spacious and clean, but I ended up getting a large cut on my leg from a broken dining chair and though management sent a medic with a bandaid, no one bothered to follow up to see how I was or even to fix the chair. That was a disappointment. Putting that aside, the room was shabbier than the room at the SVV. The pool and spray playground showed wear and tear. The kids loved the slide and the miniature golf and the pirate ship at the other pool for sure, but I think they were let down a little after the previous hotel too. There were no lifeguards here and it seemed deserted. We enjoyed our trip anyway. We rented a minivan for the week and went out a lot which was fun. I guess if you don't stay at the Sheraton Vistana Villages first, you will appreciate this place more!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank missyvb
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been going to Harbour Lake since just after it opened. It is very family friendly with lots of activities for the kids. The pools are awesome and not overly crowded. The kids love the water slides, pirate ship and splash park. The staff is friendly and many have been there for over 7 years! The rooms are spacious and clean. We love being able to do laundry in our room and have meals at home while traveling.

Room Tip: Never had a bad experience, but try and get into one of the newer units since it has better electron...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in a one bedroom suite. The room was very clean and updated. The kitchen had everything we needed from wine openers to dishes and silverware. We were able to go the supermarket about 5 miles away and get breakfast and lunch food for our stay.

The pool was great and was the reason we booked this hotel. Our 3 year old loved the two different kid focused pools. We would come back.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My family and I just returned from a one week stay at Marriott's Harbour Lake in Orlando. We travel every year to Orlando, but this was our first time staying at the Harbour Lake. We used an Interval time share retreat for this property. As we were flying from a Wednesday to Wednesday, we were unable to get a reservation at our other favorite property, Sheraton Vistana Village, so we chose the Harbour Lake as it was in the same area we were familiar with.
My initial impression of the property was that it was lovely. The gounds were very nicely taken care of, and the main street into the property made it look like you were driving into a small town/village. The resort is compact compared to other places we have stayed, but this makes for ease of getting to one place from another.
Check in was very smooth, and the front desk staff were phenomenal. I can't say enough about how their great customer attitude impressed me - some Sheraton staff could take a lesson from them.
We were booked into a one bedroom condo in building 31. This overlooked Westwood Blvd, so there was a small bit of noise, nothing horrible.
The condo itself was very clean and had lots of space for a family of three. We did not have a renovated unit, and I understand that the renovated ones have new appliances and granite counter tops. Not to worry though, things did not look worn in the condo, and I am a picky travellor. The master bedroom has a king size bed that provides a great quality of sleep. There was a falt screen TV in the bedroom and in the living room - great digital, high definition quality.
The couch in the living room pulls out into a sofa bed. The mattress is not great, but for a child is perfectly acceptable. My son had no issues with it at all. We checked it for cleanliness, and it was fine as well.
The patio is standard size and comes with a table and 4 chairs, and it also screened in. Glad to see this when one night we saw a strange bug eyed frog hanging from the screen.
The kitchen was well laid out and I appreciated the fact that Marriott provided dish soap, dishwasher packets, papertowel, extra garbage bags, and 2 boxes of laundry detergent. None of this is provided at the Sheraton Vistana Village. Having the washer/dryer is invaluable for a family as you don't need to pack as much.
There are 2 pools at the Harbour Lake. The main pool with the pirate ship is larger and has more space to sit. Never had an issue getting a lounge chair at the pool. The second pool is narrow and has a water slide going into it. There is also a water park for small kids with fountains and things that spray water. It is a welll done park, but I unfortunately did not see anyone using it the whole time I was there. There are several hot tubs around the pools which are nice to relax in.
The resort has a mini put course ( did not use ), BBQ area, main filed for the rec staff to play games with the kids, a large dock for fishing from ( no swimming sign as there is gators in the lake ! ), large arcade and gym, outdoor restaurant by the main pool, and another snack spot by the other pool.
The food at the main restaurant has a limited selection, but the quality is quite good. Drinks were provided here as well - I recommend the peach sunset ! The resort has a great list of activities ona daily basis for guests. This is provided to you at check in. We enjoyed a few shows held in the main restaurant by the pool.
As far as location goes, you can't beat this for closeness to most major attractions. Sea World and Discvery Cove are minutes away, Disney is a short drive down the I-4, and Universal Studios are minutes away off International Drive.
Harbour Lake is close to a great Publix and several restaurants, and the Premium Outlet Mall is right down the street.
I very much enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends and family.
The only downfall, is that I found the pools small for the number of guests they handle. Harbour Lake may want to revisit the waterpark idea, and add in or enlarge some pools.

Room Tip: Rooms close to main pool on bottom floors would have little privacy and could be noisy.
3  Thank Ulliboo
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I did a lot of research before booking my hotel. We only needed a room for a one night stay and wanted a nice hotel since my almost 2 year old was with us. We needed a hotel that was clean and had nice amenities. The hotel when booked was advertised for $154 a night.

We went to Magic Kingdom during the day and then checked into the hotel at about 8pm. We were in the 3000 building. My first thought walking up was that it was very motelish. The stairs are painted and it seems like it hasn't been redone in a very long time.

We arrived in the room which was spacious but nothing seemed clean. The floor had crud on it and it was not vacuumed. The sheets not only had holes in them but the top sheet had a few hairs on it that did not belong to us. We were so grossed out that we slept with no sheets or blankets on top of us.

There were 2 towels in the room and if we wanted more or to change them there was a 10 dollar fee. When we booked the hotel it was noted that my son was traveling with us. It would have been nice to have a least 3 towels, 1 for each of us.

The water pressure was not good and the water had a musky, stale smell to it. The furniture in the room was very dated. The wooden furniture was very worn.

When we woke up we saw that an extra 25 dollar fee was tacked on for activities which we never even used. We also had a tax added on to the 154 which totaled to 188 and now with the extra 25 bucks we were over 200. We could have stayed at a moderate Disney Resort for that price.

While checking out we complained to the manager who was very polite. I showed him pictures and he asked why we hadn't called. When you have a toddler who is exhausted from spending the day at disney and he is hysterical you have to let him sleep. The manager understood and took 50 bucks off the bill.

I would imagine the good reviews are for the splash park. We stayed in a guest room not a villa maybe there's a difference in cleanliness and how updated the rooms are. I based my stay off of most of the reviews on here and I chose this hotel over the Sheraton Vistana and I am disappointed that I did that.

To add one good point about the hotel, they have tons o activities for kids. Most did have an extra charge but some were for free. There is no room service or real restaurant. There is coffee served at the hotel and if you want you can have Pizza Hut delivered to your room.

I would not stay here again. I probably could have stayed at a motel which would have been cleaner and saved a lot of money. I will most likely stay on a disney property next time.

4  Thank BeachPrincess12
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our family just returned from our 7th annual April visit to Orlando. Having stayed at several other resorts (Marriott Cypress Harbour & Sheraton Vistana Villages), we had a great opportunity to see how this resort stacks up against our previous choices. On balance, I would have to say that this is a terrific choice for families, particularly those with younger children (12 and under). Among the pluses are location, cleanliness and a very personable and helpful staff. First, the resort is ideally located for pretty much anything you would like to see or do in Orlando. It is within a mile or so of the Orlando Premium Outlet Mall, several Publix supermarkets and many other stores and facilities that most would want or need on a family vacation. For those planning trips to any Disney or other theme parks, the resort is a stone's throw to I-Drive or the junction to the I4, with most Disney parks within 3-5 miles. In addition to the great location, this resort stands out for it's overall cleanliness and it's staff. Our room and the resort grounds were absolutely spotless, while the staff throughout the resort were friendly and helpful. Overall, there is really no downside to staying here. For most families with younger children, an excellent choice.

If it's helpful, here are a few points of comparison against the Marriott Cypress & Sheraton Vistana Villages:

Resort size - much smaller/more compact than either of the above. This can be good or bad, depending on what you want.

Restaurant/On site food choices - while on par for choices, the food at Harbour Lake is much better. The main restaurant (The Patio) is very good, with really good food and service.

Pool(s) - quite good, slightly better than Cypress Harbour. However, it's hard to compete with the spectacular main pool at the Sheraton. Those with smaller children will be sure to appreciate the Pirate Ship and mini water play area onsite.

Amenities - on par with the others, with a mini soccer field, basketball court, mini-putt golf & an arcade for kids. Also, pretty good entertainment certain nights (Polynesian night at The Patio stands out). Golfers however, will likely appreciate the golf course at Cypress Harbour across the street.

All in all, a great resort.

Room Tip: Room was excellent, although would recommend rooms facing away from International Drive side for bet...
5  Thank Colby368