“Great for kids”

Ranked #15 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Boston, MA
“Great for kids”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I traveled with my husband and 8 month old daughter. It's a great place for families. The pools and activities are all designed around kids. If you're not traveling with children, this might not be the place for you. There are lots of activities and the pools are designed very well.

The rooms are typical of Marriott timeshare properties. They are comfortable and have plenty of room for the family. The front desk delivered a pack and play for us and offered a high chair without being asked which was nice. I really don't have any complaints. The lake is very nice as well.

I give it a four just because everything wasn't "perfect". There were ants in the room the day after we got there and they were supposed to spray but there were ants when we returned. It was handled the next day. Also, there was confusion over my reservation. I called the day before to check on checking in early, which they let me do, but only after I was told that they didn't have my reservation. It took me hanging up and calling back to talk to someone else who found it. Other than those small annoyances, it was a nice stay.

1 Thank Ashley N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Slovak first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have visited this resort for the last three years and we can't say enough about it. The staff are very friendly and helpful, right from the cleaners to the front desk to the recreation staff. My kids have fun morning until night. Our room was spotless. The only complaint I have is that there is no television channel for the toddlers. They no longer have the disney junior channel which we really enjoyed the first year there. I would recommend bringing DVDs for young children.

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed in Building 12 for the first week of November 2012 - and the hotel was nice and clean. The proximity to DisneyWorld (all 4 parks) couldn't be beat. Our first night, we made a trip to the SuperWalmart (literally a few minutes away) and stocked up on breakfast and snacks (and wine!) for our stay and couldn't have planned it better! We are hoping to return soon! Kudos to a well-planned family resort!

Room Tip: Lake views are peaceful! We were in building 12 and never had a problem with noise or anything!
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm nine years old and I came here with my family. The first walk around the hotel was great; it was so pretty. But the only thing that let the place down was the swimming pools. One was so small it came up to about my knees and the other swimming pool was so busy you could barely swim; the slide was good .

But all in all great fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HarryGFC9
Anniston, Alabama
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We had an outstanding stay at Marriot Harbour Lake!! The location is perfect if you are planning on visiting several of the theme parks. It's literally right down the road from Sea World and Disney and Universal are just a hop on I4 away! The rooms are VERY nice, clean and roomy! They have several great pools and water attractions to entertain the kids and they have daily activities there at the resort. So, even if you don't have park tickets you will still have a blast! We will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Jessica J
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in December 2011, was absolutely great, loved staying here, great staff great hotel, good location and good food, what more can u ask for. I would recommend to everyone. The mini golf is awesome, all the family enjoyed it all in all a good holiday.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Akki A
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed Oct 27 - Nov 3 2012. We were in building 10 (room 1017) which is ground floor, and farthest from the pools. The room was a 2 bed, 2 bath, granite counters in kitchen and stainless appliances. The stackable washer and dryer is small but convenient. This place is great for kids, our 6yr old loved both pools, the Pirate Pool was by far his favorite. The resort staff was excellent and accommodating in every way. We would definitely stay here again. Very convenient to Disney, Universal and literally steps away from Sea World.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family