“First time at a Hilton Vacation Property”

Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
Ranked #73 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I ended up staying here via Expedia, where they randomly pick your hotel based on what area you want to stay in. We were going to Discovery Cove and this hotel couldn't have been much closer without being inside it.

We had a Studio unit and there are no complaints at all. It was clean and well appointed, with touches that one might expect from a Hilton hotel. FYI, the safe is large enough for a laptop with room left for other items.

Unlike a previous reviewer, we didn't have any trouble with the front desk staff. They asked us if we wanted to attend a sales pitch at a sister property, and we agreed. Although we didn't buy, it was interesting to see another resort.

The pool area was excellent and there is a small lake next to it where you can watch some turtles and fish swim around.

All in all, a fine place to stay, and it's close to just about everything.

1  Thank Paul507

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much, We were close to the things that we wanted to do, shows, shops, restaurants. The hotel was very clean, quiet and the pool area was very relaxing. Very close to sea world if that is something that you would enjoy doing.

Room Tip: Ask for the new updated rooms, we did not have one but the stay was fine any how.
1  Thank Colleen H
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Leans more towards a family destination, I was there for motorcoach market, and coaches cannot enter the property, park outside perimeter, but great in room views, bedding and restaurant on premise very economical.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 2, 2013

First let me say I contacted Hilton several times over the past week to give them a chance to at least comment on this and they have not. Please check my reviews I very rarely give this low of a rating, I feel I need to warn people.

Check-In: We arrived at 1:30pm and the front desk person said they didn't have any rooms available but we could go to seaworld and they would call me. She got nasty then and said that check in wasn't until 4pm. It is a long drive to Orlando and our toddler son had an accident. We were standing there with a child that desperately needed to use the restroom and get a change of clothing. This lady didn't even treat with an ounce of humanity. I asked to talk to a manager. After waiting a while longer I was sent to the other front desk lady who had no trouble finding 3 open rooms for us to pick from.
Room: Our room was disgusting, we were in 1502. The bathroom had hair all over the bathtub and I am not talking about the kind on your head. We have been to all three HGVC properties in Orlando (and 3 others in other cities), this one had the worst rooms.
Location: The location was great for seaworld, the shuttle is a joke it rarely runs so we ended up walking most of the time.
Bottom Line: We will stay elsewhere next time. I have already warned my friends and family who are HGVC owners to stay away from this property. I hope I can be of some help to others reading these reviews.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Front desk staff is horrendous and rooms are disgusting.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
16  Thank Sammyjb19
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologize for the service challenges you experienced during your recent stay with us and would welcome the opportunity to learn more about the situation. With this in mind, if you would be kind enough to contact Kenny Mayhew, our Senior Property Operations Manager, at kmayhew@hgvc.com or on his direct line at 407.387.1301, at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

Peter M. Merrill

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Last week in January and resort was calm & relaxing. Stayed in Warwick building and room was spacious, clean, and well stocked. Pool right behind building....one of several but easy access from room. Stayed on RCI points and paper delivered everyday.....mid week cleaning was thorough. Rare onsite cafe had great sandwiches and essentials - and restaurant had good food.....and no resort price gouging. Only beef was lack of handicapped spaces in parking lot....one space for the building.

Room Tip: Ask for 8000 building....buildings close to clubhouse are older units
1  Thank leftygolfer1
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I only had a single room with the mini-fridge & microwave so I can't comment on the big rooms others have talked about. I like this place because it's easy to get into and out off, parking is close to the room, it's within walking distance of Sea World (I wouldn't try walking back just for lunch though) and it's close everything including I-4 and Disney. The area is nice and quiet, very unlike much of International Drive. My only complaint is the extremely low-flow shower head. Fortunately, the one in my room was loose so I just unscrewed it to take a shower. I've never stayed at a hotel with so little water from the shower head. They don't have a complementary breakfast so if that's ok with you, and you can find it at a good price, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Got2BeTru
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our room was huge with a tub the size of a small pool. The adjoining room left lots of room for our party of 4. The location is convenient, virtually right next to SeaWorld and Discovery Cove and an easy drive to the Disney properties. The room was very quiet and the bed quite comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends